Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Old Trafford evacuated. edit: match abandoned.

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Stig said:

Riviera said:

Images like the one on the left, which blow the whole thing out of proportion, show what a pathetic world we live in.

Bit weird. It's not an edited picture, it's what happened. The kid got very upset, either because the football was cancelled or because he was scared of the 'bomb' or perhaps both. That tells you what this experience was like for him. It's not blowing things out of proportion, it's just showing what happened.
    So the kid was upset? Poor diddums! I'm sure he got over it, probably half an hour later, as kids do. It's not as if his pet dog had just got runover was it? For the Mail to publish such a photo of a poor little kid is typical of todays world. Kids this and kids that. All about the poor bloody kids, Mother and baby parking spaces and you can't build/open this and that because I've got young children. Pathetic!
  • Options
    Think you're a bit silly on this one. As a kid being evacuated from a ground due to a bomb scare I imagine it was quite frightening for him.
  • Options

are the Police not to blame. I thought the 'devices' were planted for the Police to find, if so surely they knew how many they were searching for or can no-one in the Old Bill count?

My wife is an operating theatre senior sister.

Every operation they count everything, needles, instruments, swabs etc before and after for the obvious reason that if they don't know where they are they might be in the person's body. They don't just leave them. If the count doesn't add up they keep on looking.

Should be same for this lot. If you "planted" 10 "bombs" at the beginning you make sure you have 10 "bombs" at the end. Basic stuff.
    but you still hear of cases where someone has had something left inside them, not on your wife's watch obviously

Mainly not in the UK though. And certainly not on Sister Hayes' watch.
    Your wife is a Sister?

It's like the start of the Addams Family song.
    Once worked with a Spanish woman and when I said my wife was a Sister she looked shocked as she thought that I was married to a nun. I explained the etymology.
  • Options
    Looks very much like someone (not the kid) trying to get their picture in the papers to me.
  • Options

Riviera said:

Stig said:

Riviera said:

Images like the one on the left, which blow the whole thing out of proportion, show what a pathetic world we live in.

Bit weird. It's not an edited picture, it's what happened. The kid got very upset, either because the football was cancelled or because he was scared of the 'bomb' or perhaps both. That tells you what this experience was like for him. It's not blowing things out of proportion, it's just showing what happened.
    So the kid was upset? Poor diddums! I'm sure he got over it, probably half an hour later, as kids do. It's not as if his pet dog had just got runover was it? For the Mail to publish such a photo of a poor little kid is typical of todays world. Kids this and kids that. All about the poor bloody kids, Mother and baby parking spaces and you can't build/open this and that because I've got young children. Pathetic!
    Did a child laugh at you once?
    Once?
  • Options

Riviera said:

You don't have kids do you Riviera?
    Of course I do. But having kids is not a disability as people these days seem to think.
    You've all missed my point, even curb_it! It's not about this kid, it's the use of a picture of an upset child in a national newspaper, trying to make an minor incident into a heart string pulling tragedy.
  • Options
    TBF, I'd be quite upset if my old man had dragged me all the way from Surrey, only to find out there weren't going to be any prawn sandwiches today.
  • Options
    I think the lad is upset as they've come straight from the barbers.