Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Paranoia at the Valley

Every year my son's school organises a morning at the Valley. The kid up to 11 years old get to play for a while (pitch split into 4 groups by age) and then there is a parents game.

I didn't want to go as it cost £20 for a child and £40 for an adult place (fortunately I have screwed my knee up so couldn't have okayed in the overly competitive dad game anyway)

Mu son's friends were going and he really wanted to play so we went along.

This year, for the first time, the parents were heavily stewarded and forced to sit in the stands. Every previous year we were helping in the pitch.

I had to fill up my sons water bottle and when I went to go on the pitch to give it to him got verbals from a steward around what are you doing, where are you going?

My son was in full Charlton kit. Admittedly I was wearing CARD hoodie which may have influenced the guy's thinking.

I saw 3 other CARD tops and one black and white scarf.

The paranoia though is immense. It's a private school day out, it's supposed to be fun. To have to segregate the parents from the kids at an event like this is shocking.

No Charlton supporting parents were impressed and the parents I know that want to bring their kids on an occasional basis were further put off and said so.

Well done.

Comments

• The non playing dads had a competition to see who could fill them up fastest.

Waited for the dads game to throw them in and only targeted one or two of the worst.
  • The noise at the valley with 60 kids shouting for either the red or the white team was probably the loudest I've heard the valley this year other then the Roland out chants.

Katrien Miere and Tony Keohane should target them.

Oh. Failed (out of 60 kids 5 were in Charlton kit, 15 Arsenal, 20 Liverpool and most of the rest in Barcelona)
  • Anyway, the point I was trying to make is that in every area, everyone is seen as a potential enemy.
  • I'd think so.

and that's going to mess with the organisers if they attend because this year they had an equal split between red (and white) shirts and coloured shirts.

Next year too many non-red and whites.
  • It's all absolutely pathetic.
  • I thought this was yet another thread about a new manager being interviewed and guessed we'd must given up on a British one if he's called Paranoia
  • Sponsored links:

• What an absolute F******G disgrace this once proud club has become. Targeting kids and parents now.
  • Steward says as I am going through the gate with the water bottle 'where do you think you're going'

'Just down there to put this down' point to two yards away where I had left my sons stuff and wave water bottle at him. 'Oh are you really' sarcastic Bastard.

'Yes, to get my son some water'

Asshole.
  • My nephew scored in one of the kids games down there today and was wearing a Charlton shirt I bought for him a year or two back
    I told my sister to boycott the event next year
    He was due to be a mascot the season just finished but "not a penny more" meant that was cancelled and I've told my sister not to buy anything from the club .
    I told her to graffiti some seats and start a Roland out chant , I presume she bottled it booooooooo
  • I tried to get Roo to start a 'We want Roland out' chant, but he said his friends didn't know the words and it was a bit much for him.

Would have been fantastic :(.

I will be writing to Mr Higgins the headmaster and having a word with Nick who organises this to see if there is an appetite for moving it elsewhere next year or if not, organising a protest we can film.
  • Steward says as I am going through the gate with the water bottle 'where do you think you're going'

'Just down there to put this down' point to two yards away where I had left my sons stuff and wave water bottle at him. 'Oh are you really' sarcastic Bastard.

'Yes, to get my son some water'

Asshole.

Blue bib twat
  • You send your kids to private school?! Posh something or other! ;)
  • Fortunately not a blue bib twat because if he was he would have tried to put his hands on me when I walked passed and then it would all have gone even more horribly wrong.
  • edited May 2016
    I pay, ex wife makes the calls.

I can see halstow school sitting here in my front room. I wanted him to go there.

Posh onanist?
  • Sponsored links:

• mogodon said:

It's all a sign of what these people have done to our club. Can anyone imagine this happening in the past? And yet we now have a situation where all fans are regarded as troublemakers and stewards see their role pretty much as prison guards. Oh, and Katrien, perhaps that helps explain why mothers and children don't want to come to The Valley. Because you have made it much a wretched day out.

Yes, this is the reason, are you listening Katrien Meire?
  • stonemuse said:

mogodon said:

It's all a sign of what these people have done to our club. Can anyone imagine this happening in the past? And yet we now have a situation where all fans are regarded as troublemakers and stewards see their role pretty much as prison guards. Oh, and Katrien, perhaps that helps explain why mothers and children don't want to come to The Valley. Because you have made it much a wretched day out.

"Finished with my manager cos he couldn't help me with my team, people think I'm insane because I am LYING all the time"
  • Anyway, the point I was trying to make is that in every area, everyone is seen as a potential enemy.

We are. And so are they.
  • Every year my son's school organises a morning at the Valley. The kid up to 11 years old get to play for a while (pitch split into 4 groups by age) and then there is a parents game.

I didn't want to go as it cost £20 for a child and £40 for an adult place (fortunately I have screwed my knee up so couldn't have okayed in the overly competitive dad game anyway)

Mu son's friends were going and he really wanted to play so we went along.

This year, for the first time, the parents were heavily stewarded and forced to sit in the stands. Every previous year we were helping in the pitch.

I had to fill up my sons water bottle and when I went to go on the pitch to give it to him got verbals from a steward around what are you doing, where are you going?

My son was in full Charlton kit. Admittedly I was wearing CARD hoodie which may have influenced the guy's thinking.

I saw 3 other CARD tops and one black and white scarf.

The paranoia though is immense. It's a private school day out, it's supposed to be fun. To have to segregate the parents from the kids at an event like this is shocking.

No Charlton supporting parents were impressed and the parents I know that want to bring their kids on an occasional basis were further put off and said so.

Well done.

Sounds like a fun matchday experience.

Only at Katrien Meire's Charlton.
  • It probably worked better with the parents and non-players in the stands. Certainly a better atmosphere for the parents game.

Could have done without the verbals from the steward but thanks go to the bar staff who were the same as at POTY, clearly support the club and were well happy to fill up the water bottle that was difficult to then get to my son.

Before they kicked us off the pitch we were all allowed in the players dressing room. Never been in there before.

Funny to see the white boards with Riga's last efforts on them. One was a corner defence with about 7 players back. Just numbers with circles, no arrows for movement. Wish I'd taken a photo.

It was overall a good morning. Just marred by some silliness.
  • Off_it said:

stonemuse said:

mogodon said:

"Finished with my manager cos he couldn't help me with my team, people think I'm insane because I am LYING all the time"
    You are Paranoid Off_it.

• Addickted said:

Off_it said:

stonemuse said:

mogodon said:

You are Paranoid Off_it.

Can you help me, occupy my brain?