Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Big Game from the Weekend

Lloyds TSB Golden Oldies 3 Metrogas 3
Fantastic game, one that fits perfectly into the term a game of two halfs. We raced into a 3-0 lead before half time, should have been 4-0 as I had a perfectly good goal chalked off for 'Offside'. Second half what a turnaround, saw exactly why Metrogas have won the National Vet's Cup. Paddy powell's son run the show from Midfield, despite me cutting him in half midway through the half & game ended 3-3 with their equaliser arriving 5 minutes from the end. John Bumstead was playing Right Midfield, otherwise did not recognize many others. Paddy himself turned up to watch his boy from the sidelines. We got a bit of a footballing lesson second half, thoroughly enjoyable game, although I ache quite a bit this morning.

Anyone else play / Manage this weekend ? How did you get on ?

Comments

• we were 3-0 up against the league leaders with 11 mins to go, and lost 5-4 !!! They scored 3 goals in 4 minutes.

Was gutted, we had done so well up till then and had countless opportunities to have made it 4or 5-0.
  • edited October 2006
    Not quite the same but went to see Bromley win 2-0 but overshadowed by the East Thurrock keeper getting a kick in the head and having a fit on the pitch. Not nice at all and especially as my son was watching from behind the goal. News says he had scans etc and seems OK.

Chislehurst wanderers U8s followed up their 10 - 0 defeat with an 8-2 defeat.