Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Sadly for us It's Roland's way or the highway,which is why the traffic around SE7 has been clogged up over the last few months.
  • Options
    Learning from their mistakes I see
  • Options
    No one will want the job now. I think my nobby vinegar bet is in the bag!
  • Options
    As much as I'd like to think this is legit, it is the Mail...

I can imagine the proper story goes along the lines of Wilder wanting assurances and the club not getting them together quick enough before Sheff Utd nabbed him up - lets face it, we know KM wasn't at her desk all day on Wednesday & Thursday as she was at the BoS conference.

Either way - I wish her and RD would f*ck off.
  • Options
    I would love to know whether "full control" had the same meaning as a football manager would understand, or if it was the weird full control that (we are assured by the Liar) SCP had.
  • Options
    Likely to be true but the mail are click fishing here using the most provocative headline and angle they can find.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It smells of the usual Daily Mail Bullshit.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

But she said there was written agreement. One of them is not telling the truth!

and she said their was a 'signed agreement'. Know whom I believe.
  • Options
    Charlton fans are great clickbait fodder for these rags at the moment.

Expect plenty more speculative articles with no substance or actual quotes from the main protagonists to appear in the coming weeks.
  • Options
    Katrien vs The Mail. Pot meets kettle in Black King Contest.
    Having said which, wasn't she playing victim in the city when she was supposedly unable to contact him?
    Either way, another embarrassing episode for the regime that never learns.
  • Options
    Hard to know just what to believe. What is fairly obvious though is that the approach by Charlton alerted Sheffield United to his availability. When he knew they were after him he would never come to us. I mean he was born and raised in Sheffield, supported the team as a nipper, was a ball boy and then made his professional debut for them. Given the opportunity to manage them it was a "no brainer". Got to respect his allegiance to his boyhood club and not just to the money.
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

Why do you think that?
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    So basically the negotiations were progressing well until Katrien got directly involved. Having mishandled them badly and screwed up an apparently done deal she then attempted to muddy the waters by blaming SUFC whilst apparently misrepresenting the contents of the contract.

Then she went on an expensive jolly, had a hissy fit, insulted the clubs fan base and now reckons she will recruit an English manager! Although you have to wonder who now would approach working at this club (in any capacity) with anything less than extreme trepidation and caution?

So we now have weeks of speculation and leaks to look forward to before the parachute in some network numpty.

Nice work Katrien!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Katrien; There is of course still the Zippy option??

Zippy, assisted by George the pink hippo, with Bungle as CEO and Rod, Jane and Freddy playing loud in crossbars!

They are cheap and puppets and almost certainly better than you!
  • Options
    Scratch below the surface. No quotes, no sources, seemingly no attempt to speak to the club or those concerned. I can almost hear the desk editor. "Meire, Wilder and Charlton are trending at the moment, someone spice up the early bit on her comments." It's the Daily Mail excuse for journalism.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Scratch below the surface. No quotes, no sources, seemingly no attempt to speak to the club or those concerned. I can almost hear the desk editor. "Meire, Wilder and Charlton are trending at the moment, someone spice up the early bit on her comments." It's the Daily Mail excuse for journalism.

Or Wilder won't go on the record, which is more likely, and Charlton never say anything anyway except when Meire can find a platform at a conference. They don't respond to enquiries. But there have been a number of people with knowledge of events talking behind the scenes.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

So what! All bad for Miere. And when she throws in the towel so will Roland.
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

I put £20 on it being Nobby with Sky Bet just after CAFC announced we were in talks with CW
  • Options
    Personally I couldn't see a manager and his assistant coming to a league one club in London from a town like Northampton once they realised that for the price of their mansion out in the sticks they'd most likely only get a two bed maisonette. Katrien and Roland should try and find a manager who already lives in London or nearby, preferably south of the river.
  • Options
    Tore up the contract? Surely they'd shred it.
  • Options
    I'd be surprised if CW lived in Northampton.

Anyway a foreign head coach is perfect because they will soon be able to fly into city airport for match days, 15 minutes to the ground via DLR and train, if they can be bothered to direct training when we have a first team coach, they can stay in the managers pitch sized bedsit built under the Jimmy Seed (or South if you are TK) stand.
  • Options
    I suspect that he would always have preferred the Sheff Utd job. Maybe he'd have joined us had that not come up but it would have helped his salary at Sheff Utd with both us and Northampton making it clear that we were close to signing him up.

It may well be that KM and RD have done nothing wrong at all, they might just have been played. One thing British managers (and players) are known for is being very demanding, financially, and a little bit sneaky how they go about it!