Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Uncle Roland! What a coward!

C4FC4L1f3 said:

CAFCsayer said:

She's gone... She had been told to shut up and didn't. Can't recover from this!

People keep saying that but she never does.

She is never leaving us

She won't go because Roland is close to her dad and she is like a niece to him apparently.
If true and I have no reason to doubt it then its even more despicable that he remains hidden away in Belgium.
I can only assume Katriens dad still does not realise how inept and stupid she is being made to look otherwise he might tell his mate Roland to get over here and take some of the flack himself!

Never have liked cowards and certainly don't like bullies. Bullies being the biggest cowards out there. Worked for a bully myself in London at a US clearing house(named after a US General) he was a little man given to much power! He was a Millwall supporter to make matters worse! I was the only one who stood up to him but he constantly encouraged those whom reported to me to stab me in the back he never had the balls challenge me himself! Eventually he got rid of me by moving me to another role and a few weeks later made it redundant! Raised a grievance but the director whom heard it concluded that I had raised it because I had an issue with him! Classic! What a sniveling turd he was as well could not do the right thing looked after his own arse! Director of Risk as well!. .They knew with the money on the table would probably mean I would not pursue, I could not afford to! More examples of complete cowards who could not care about staff or customers!

Anyway I digress - Cant I just cant stand cowards and bullies. If I was Roland would have been over here a long time ago to take all the flack and engage with fans (customers) even if hostile. Although I like to think I would not have fucked it all up in first place.

Grow some balls Roland, show your face and support Katrien, or have the courage to admit your wrong and move her somewhere she can cope for the sake of your friendship with her old man! And then just admit you have fucked the whole thing up and sell up!

Comments

• Options
    I wholeheartedly agree with you, That's why we go to him in Belgium. He is the number one target but he is a nightmare to pin down.

We have some stuff planned though mate so don't worry he will get his just deserves.

Inbox @The_President if you are up for targeting Roland.
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

I wholeheartedly agree with you, That's why we go to him in Belgium. He is the number one target but he is a nightmare to pin down.

We have some stuff planned though mate so don't worry he will get his just deserves.

Desserts, it's desserts!

Trust me, I have no little expertise in such things....
  • Options

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Desserts, it's desserts!

iPad keyboard says no!
  • Options

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Didn't know you'd been to Belgium.
    Boring
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    To the tune of waltzing matilda:

Roland's a eunuch
    Roland's a eunuch
    No one at Charlton thinks he has any balls
    And sang as Charlton dies and billy boiled
    Yes Roland's a terrible eunuch, FUCK OFF!

Work in progress especially 4th line which I am struggling to get to scan.
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Didn't know you'd been to Belgium.
    Boring
    Belgium is, you're right.
  • Options
    Belgium is not boring, it has a high distance between the wealthy and the disenfranchised, significant difficulties in accepting this, and oooh, bizarrely as a result horrendous terrorist news.
  • Options
    Another thread trashed! Hen are mods gonna put a stop to it?
  • Options
    It seems the only way is to go to Belgium and confront the Rat of a Man as the Standard fans did.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

I think you should be very careful re future Belgium visits not to gift negative material to the Regime. I think that, presented in the right light they do add something to the overall protests and have highlighted the depth of feeling and commitment among supporters, however I personally believe that hitting Roland in the pocket and producing negative publicity, sympathetic to our cause is what has worked so far.

I think you need to think every protest through in terms of how the press might spin it.

No doubt I am preaching to the choir on this.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    IAgree said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

I think you should be very careful re future Belgium visits not to gift negative material to the Regime. I think that, presented in the right light they do add something to the overall protests and have highlighted the depth of feeling and commitment among supporters, however I personally believe that hitting Roland in the pocket and producing negative publicity, sympathetic to our cause is what has worked so far.

I think you need to think every protest through in terms of how the press might spin it.

Whatever about calling around to the Meire family home, I think that sending a Charlton choir across to Belgium is just taking things too far....
  • Options
    Gumbo said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Haha, what the fuck you want them to do? It's called free speech! You're really starting to come across as a bit of a dick, please get out your own arse.
    Why am i a dick for pointing out that people are using every thread it seems, to talk about completely unrelated BS thus trashing the thread?

@The Red Robin @Alwaysneil @NornIrishAddick just pointless comments that add nothing to the thread!.

Start a thread take the piss out of C4FC4L1f3, I really dont give two hoots. but when someone is raising a genuine thread and expressing there feelings and experience this type of thing just makes a mockery of it.

The mods should be doing something about it.

• Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

Gumbo said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Haha, what the fuck you want them to do? It's called free speech! You're really starting to come across as a bit of a dick, please get out your own arse.
    Why am i a dick for pointing out that people are using every thread it seems, to talk about completely unrelated BS thus trashing the thread?

@The Red Robin @Alwaysneil @NornIrishAddick just pointless comments that add nothing to the thread!.

Start a thread take the piss out of C4FC4L1f3, I really dont give two hoots. but when someone is raising a genuine thread and expressing there feelings and experience this type of thing just makes a mockery of it.

The mods should be doing something about it.

For the record, I think it's brilliant that you've been to Belgium and let everyone know what Katrien Meire is really like. If you'd bothered to read through past threads that you've also taken off subject, you'll see I've been one of the few that have stuck up for you.

I simply asked if you'd been to Belgium. It was quite clearly a bit of banter because you never shut up about it. Grow up.
  • Options
    Whilst non supportive to start I do think getting at them in their own back yard has had a bigger effect on them than attempts to hit Roland in the pocket! All he will do is spend less on the club. Will go eventually perhaps but how can people protest next season if were not 'customers' letting them know what we think every game. People will still go unfortunately!
    Think the Belgium 20 have done a great job! 'they showed up, for example - it’s not a criminal offence - but at my parents’ house in Belgium. They rang, they gave papers, but it’s not that, it’s just in general... to ask if they know me, and they handed out papers to say how shitty I was, to my parents.' As Katrien advised nothing illegal so cant understand the negative hype at times!
  • Options

IAgree said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

I agree IAgree, there have been one or two doubtful decisions made, but we have learnt from these, and the Belgian protests in future will be more thought through and maybe less spontaneous.Our primary thoughts in the protests are always,' how can we be most effective to make the most impact without it impinging on the locals', and we have even now garnered their support too partly because they know us now to be non-aggressive and not there to wreck their town.
    However, in both protests we have explicitly stayed within the law, and even consulted with the local OB on one occasion and generally heeded their advice. None of our 'antics' have caused any angst or damage to people or property and have always been peaceful - in actual fact, despite the (incorrect) tag that we seem to have on here (primarily caused by somebody's (ahem) decision to knock on some blokes door!) - you couldnt meet a nicer bunch of blokes/girls-honest.

As an aside, apart from a weekend in Bruges once,I had never been to Belgium before - and our visits has changed the way that I stereotypically thought that Belgium and Belgians would be like. They have been nothing but very pleasant, helpful, and accommodating to us. To give you an example, the mother of the owner of the Hotel that we now use as our base in Sint Truiden went and bought 20 tickets for us for the latest game because we were concerned that we might have problems with trying to buy 20 tickets for a Mr Smith from Charlton- and being sussed !.
    Oh, and the waitresses down the Brewery are something to behold too.(and the beers are not bad either !)

Ultimately, as the events this week have proved, the Belgian protests are very EFFECTIVE - no one can deny that - we believe they give more bang for the buck than the others - but that is not a dig at CARD, as they do a magnificent job - the two together i believe are a good foil. As you can imagine they take a great deal of planning, but its very satisfying, when you find that both KM and RD have explicitly shown how pissed off they get with our work.
    @IAgree @The_President totally agree with you both.

I think it's clear future trips to Belgium along with the fantastic work CARD do needs to continue and hopefully throughout the summer to keep the pressure on the regime.

Careful consideration must go into future trips and this is why I think we should take on board @C4FC4L1f3 comments about contacting @The_President about future trips.

Even if people are not interested in attending, it's important that ideas are put forward to ensure rhe trip is as successful as possible. The more input the better.
  • Options
    Fantastic work by everyone who's been on any of the Belgian trips. I take my hat off to you.
  • Options

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Desserts, it's desserts!

Pastry chef, NornIrish ?

• Options
    The story has been told on here somewhere about how Katrien met Roland. It had nothing to do with her father. She sent him an email about something and to her amazement he replied and wanted to meet her.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why should he get involved? He has his businesses to run. He gave Charlton to Miere as her toy so it is her way as far as he is concerned until she has had enough.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

The story has been told on here somewhere about how Katrien met Roland. It had nothing to do with her father. She sent him an email about something and to her amazement he replied and wanted to meet her.

So she said at the time...., Not renowned for telling the truth is she?
  • Options
    Actually might be some truth in what she said..... Dear Uncle Roland any chance of a job? Love your adopted niece Katrien. :-)
  • Options
    Red7Oak said:

So she said at the time...., Not rebounded for telling the truth is she?
    Really don't know why she'd need to lie about such a thing. Friend of her fathers, or met him after an email exchange? I know she's not renowned for truth telling, but can't see why she'd bother to lie about this matter.
  • Options

Red7Oak said:

Really don't know why she'd need to lie about such a thing. Friend of her fathers, or met him after an email exchange? I know she's not renowned for truth telling, but can't see why she'd bother to lie about this matter.
    Any lie is unnecessary. Yet lying comes so easily to Katrien Meire.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

Why should he get involved? He has his businesses to run. He gave Charlton to Miere as her toy so it is her way as far as he is concerned until she has had enough.

Thats a good point. I wonder when he got to know her ?
    Coz it makes you wonder if he's known her for a while before buying us, and was impressed with her (or, as i suggested in another, maybe he's just a dirty old man who wanted to get inside her knickers) - and thought, lets buy her a business for her to run in London - i know, lets look for a football club, after all, i've got a few of those- let it be her 'baby' and toy thing.
    This would possibly explain why she doesnt/hasnt resigned? - as she probably feels so indebted to him, because he has provided her with something she could never ,ever have been able to achieve in her humdrum job at a lawyer company.
  • Options

Red7Oak said:

Could it be that she's a compulsive liar?
  • Options

To the tune of waltzing matilda:

Roland's a eunuch
    Roland's a eunuch
    No one at Charlton thinks he has any balls
    And sang as Charlton dies and billy boiled
    Yes Roland's a terrible eunuch, FUCK OFF!

Work in progress especially 4th line which I am struggling to get to scan.

7/10 could do better :-)
  • Options
    Yeah, I knew it wasn't a winner.

Apologies for the bullshit posted on this thread last night, probably should have stopped drinking sooner.

Not sure I'd say the thread was trashed exactly.

I've always been interested in why Roland has Meire in role in the first place and then also how she is still there after a monumental catalogue of failures.

No doubt Roland is a coward. Hides behind a female exec and does not attend matches. If he were at the Valley, no doubt the directors box would have been stormed by now.
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

Red7Oak said:

Could it be that she's a compulsive liar?
    Well that's the problem with liars, even if they are telling the truth, you can't trust them. I just can't see what she'd gain by making up such a story. If she really wanted to lie she could have said that Roland saw her giving one of her superb presentations and was so impressed he decided there and then to employ her. Where does the "friend of her fathers" rumour come from anyway?