Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Katrien Meire what is ultimately stopping you from resigning?

1. You could get another job. You walk, and all you have to do is put a spin on the reasons why it didn't work out at charlton. People would respect you if you was just fully honest.
Blame Roland in parts.
You are a lawyer for goodness sake. A potentially very lucrative skill set you possess.
Without patronising, I'm sure your parents would much rather you get the hell out of a job where you have to take 3 body guards to a meal.

2. You don't want the charlton fans to feel victory and that they have "got to you", I get that, to some extent. It simply is a bullet you have to swallow though and it's better you just do it now and "get out" before you get grey hairs just because you don't want to be personally defeated.
Do yourself a favour.
Your not my cup of tea but you've stuck it out for longer then necessary. The job is not normal and Roland has literally thrown you under the bus both personally and professionally.

If you have an ounce of dignity left...wake up!

3. Personal abuse, getting called a liar, being humiliated.
The likeliness is, that it's only going to get worse for you. You unfortunately need to accept blame and simply just accept it. It might be hard, a lot of things may not "directly" be your fault but still.
The abuse is only going to get worse and it's not going to stop .

Katrien you can resign at any time. Your stubbornness not to will never help you.
You are your own worst enemy at present. Get out of this and get some pride back.

Your doing this...for what?

Comments

• Options
    She's unemployable. Only Roland would tolerate such utter incompetence.
  • Options
    I know their are females who post on here so I hope I dont offend but.

I always find women hate being proven wrong (Just try and have an argument, you'll never win) and I reckon its that stubbornness thats keeping her here
  • Options

She's unemployable. Only Roland would tolerate such utter incompetence.

Yep. She'll 'work' for RD for the rest of her life.
  • Options
    If an opportunity came up at the club she has loved and supported all her life I think we would all understand why she would want to grasp the chance. Indeed, we are all aware that an example of this occured just yesterday.

Go on Rolly, you know it makes sense!
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

If an opportunity came up at the club she has loved and supported since the great racist banana throwing epidemic of 2001, think we would all understand why she would want to grasp the chance. Indeed, we are all aware that an example of this occured just yesterday.

Go on Rolly, you know it makes sense!

• Options
    A bullet you have to swallow? If only.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I know their are females who post on here so I hope I dont offend but.

I always find women hate being proven wrong (Just try and have an argument, you'll never win) and I reckon its that stubbornness thats keeping her here

Speaking as a female, I never mind being proven wrong, but I do acknowledge that others, particularly those who work in a "male" environment feel the need to prove they are better than men at their job. This leads to stubbornness and refusal to admit they are ever wrong. However, she is playing the innocent little victim here, "Charlton fans are all nasty to me, just because of my gender" failing to acknowledge she'd have it far worse if she was a man doing this badly in the job. Sadly, I fear RD believes her and will keep her here to spite everyone.
    The best managers and the worst managers I have worked with in a 30 year career have all been women! I think there is truth in what you say, for some but not all.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Her rant yesterday makes it clear to me. She actually and genuinely thinks she is doing a good job. We've all assumed she is clinging on, but I think she is under the impression that she's got it 90% right and it's a combination of a bad media, unreasonable fans and being let down by managers/players that is the issue and not her

I said something similar after the statement that came out after the MP visit, where the club claimed they were a very well run club.

Unfortunately the long existent CACT gets used by her as the ultimate defence, as if it's her idea, it's incredibly irritating when she uses that organisation as justification of her doing a good job.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

I think she is under the impression that she's got it 90% right

The other 10% being the minor detail of getting in the wrong managers and the wrong players?

• Options
    RESIGN SWEETHEART!
  • Options

mogodon said:

The other 10% being the minor detail of getting in the wrong managers and the wrong players?

No, if asked the 10% she has got wrong would include being so nice to customers, not having a sofa at all four corners of the ground, meeting with fan groups too often, not getting a more photogenic bouncer to sit next to her, letting Roger Johnson go first time round, not sticking with that nice Mr Fraeye etc ...
  • Options
    mogodon said:

mogodon said:

No, if asked the 10% she has got wrong would include being so nice to customers, not having a sofa at all four corners of the ground, meeting with fan groups too often, not getting a more photogenic bouncer to sit next to her, letting Roger Johnson go first time round, not sticking with that nice Mr Fraeye etc ...
    and being too honest?
  • Options
    She is determined to save us from Keohane.
  • Options
    She's a complete idiot, still trying to blame the fans for everything. It wont be long before she starts receiving abuse or even assaulted when she’s out and about in restaurant’s or cinema's, All it takes is one pissed up or angry fan to do it. Why would you put yourself through it knowing at any point some nutter could give you grief at any point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    She'd make it as a politician, trying to put a spin on everything and blame everyone else but herself.
  • Options

She'd make it as a politician, trying to put a spin on everything and blame everyone else but herself.

Good politicians never tell the truth but can never be accused of lying from what they actually say.

She is a terrible liar
  • Options
    As her employer RD has a duty of care to ensure that she has a safe and reasonable working enviroment. He's failed and is doing nothing to change the situation.
    She's a lawyer so perhaps a claim will be forthcoming when she goes ? ( and she will go )
  • Options
    She will be here until Duchalet allows her to leave. I have been told that and have no reason to disbelieve the person who told me. She is employed by him and if she leaves Charlton will take another position for him.
  • Options
    masicat said:

She will be here until Duchalet allows her to leave. I have been told that and have no reason to disbelieve the person who told me. She is employed by him and if she leaves Charlton will take another position for him.

If that is the case why doesn't she get Roland to talk with Steve Clarke so he can tell Roland what we all feel and how he can end it all!
  • Options
    The only explanation that I can possibly think of is that 'Katrien Meire' is her superhero secret identity and she is actually completely fireproof, bulletproof and indestructible!!

Resign now Katrien, your secret is out! Go and save the world somewhere else!
  • Options
    I don't know what's happening to me but I,m beginning to feel sorry for KM.
    I just want to give her a big hug and say there there don't worry put your dummy back in and daddy Roly will make it all better.
    awww diddums.
  • Options
    She's just determined to make it work and prove us all wrong. She's been arguing and fighting with fans most of her time here. Wants to make it work so much that she'll make ridiculous claims like every manager was the correct decision.
  • Options
    It's really hard to understand how somebody who graduates from a law school can have absolutely no common sense. The majority of posters on this forum could have done a better job of running the club just by using their common sense. Lawyers need common sense too, which means to me that she must be as lousy a lawyer as she is a CEO, so she has no career path ahead of her other than with RD, and she knows it.