Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nigel Adkins

So as Chris Wilder is likely to go to Sheff Utd, who would take Nigel Adkins?

To be honest, I would take him as he has a good record above League one and knows the league already.

He's not been the worst manager for Sheffield United but his win ratio is around 40%, but their fans always believe their owed more than they get....

This could be silver a lining as we would be gaining a stronger manager than Chris Wilder.

Discuss

Comments

• Options
    He was a great success at Scunthorpe and then a wonder worker at the Saints .. since then his career and success rate has been in gradual decline .. he's not the man for CAFC
  • Options
    Yes. Think we would avoid relegation at least.
  • Options
    Well before yesterday he was unlikely to be on Charlton radar. Given his experience and the other candidates currently out of work who I wouldn't want under any circumstances I would give him a serious look.
  • Options
    I'd take him. He can also save costs by doing the physio job as well!
  • Options
    He was not strong enough to stand up to the regime at Southampton so he won't have a cat in hells chance at our basket case of a club.
  • Options
    I wouldn't say no but I doubt if he would agree to be Roland's puppet.
  • Options
    I've previously been a big fan of Adkins but he has just led Sheff Utd to their lowest league finish since 1983. His star has faded and I'm concerned he is now a busted flush. Would prefer a younger, up and coming manager like Wilder, Edinburgh etc but given the chance of Adkins or Nobby it's a no-brainer.
  • Options

I'd take him. He can also save costs by doing the physio job as well!

And Roland wouldn't have to pay compensation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Adkins is decent enough, but I think he got very lucky at Southampton with all those youngsters coming through at the same time. The way things are, we'd be lucky to get him anyway, and if we did, he would be the best appointment this lot had made, which I know isn't saying much at all.
  • Options

Is the poster a pompous fart?

Discuss.

hahahaah .. or even is @iainment a non pompous fart ?
  • Options
    Russell Slade ?
  • Options

So as Chris Wilder is likely to go to Sheff Utd, who would take Nigel Adkins?

To be honest, I would take him as he has a good record above League one and knows the league already.

He's not been the worst manager for Sheffield United but his win ratio is around 40%, but their fans always believe their owed more than they get....

This could be silver a lining as we would be gaining a stronger manager than Chris Wilder.

Discuss

He's not Belgium
  • Options
    Certainly better than Cotteril it seems from the outside (less nutty), but you could put Graham Norton in charge if you like if the terms of managerial reference don't change.
    Any new person needs to have it in writing what the terms are, and we need to know them too, otherwise we are free to draw our own conclusions.
  • Options
    He's got a touch of the Pardews about him but I'd take him.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Living in Southampton, i know they loved him down here and were initially outraged when Poch took over but the general feeling was he got Saints to play good football and was very good at looking after the young players coming through & we have a good crop of talent at the moment ( even the dictatorship cant take that away! ) so i would be more than happy to get him here but then again, why would you want to join this circus?
  • Options

Living in Southampton, i know they loved him down here and were initially outraged when Poch took over but the general feeling was he got Saints to play good football and was very good at looking after the young players coming through & we have a good crop of talent at the moment ( even the dictatorship cant take that away! ) so i would be more than happy to get him here but then again, why would you want to join this circus?

No but they can sell it!!
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Nigel Adkins sacked at Sheffield Utd, Wilder expected to be announced as new manager in next 48 hours
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would certainly take him here, but doubt he would want to be a part of this circus.
  • Options

I've previously been a big fan of Adkins but he has just led Sheff Utd to their lowest league finish since 1983. His star has faded and I'm concerned he is now a busted flush. Would prefer a younger, up and coming manager like Wilder, Edinburgh etc but given the chance of Adkins or Nobby it's a no-brainer.

Wilder is less than 3 years younger than Adkins, so not exactly a youngster. Adkins is only 51
  • Options

He was a great success at Scunthorpe and then a wonder worker at the Saints .. since then his career and success rate has been in gradual decline .. he's not the man for CAFC

With everything you've described there he sounds just the man for CAFC.
  • Options
    Awful at Sheffield United last season, hated by blades fans after one season. It's a no from me
  • Options
    But he took Southampton from league one to the Premier!
  • Options

Awful at Sheffield United last season, hated by blades fans after one season. It's a no from me

I must say I'm edging towards this opinion too having seen them play at Brammal Lane this season. They lost to Millwall. Unforgivable.
  • Options
    He can do better.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Nigel Adkins sacked at Sheffield Utd, Wilde expected to be announced as new manager in next 48 hours

Is that Oscar or Marty?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Nigel Adkins sacked at Sheffield Utd, Wilde expected to be announced as new manager in next 48 hours

So will could potentially entertained Wilder's plan to use us as leverage to get his move to Sheffield Utd - and opened the door for Nigel Adkins? surely our SMT, given their superior football knowledge must have seen that coming.........

As for Adkins - no thanks. He's been sacked from his last 3 jobs - did well at Scunthorpe and at Southampton it has to be said.