Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Let's set our sights on League 2

Amidst the ongoing doom and gloom and with no sight yet of getting shot of Duchatelet and Meire, I think we should all set our sights on League 2. If we do that, we can all look forward every week to getting a step closer. It won't matter what numpty they employ to manage us or what ramshackle squad of journey-men players and mercenaries we have. We will be able to laugh off defeats and take the disappointments of following Charlton in our stride, safe in the knowledge we are headed for a place we have never been before ("I was there!"). Just think of all those tiny grounds you haven't yet visited and just how many you can tick off your 92 list? Our away following will be decent for once and we will be able to drink ourselves silly travelling to and watching matches without any hassle from police or club officials. We may even find our level of competitiveness. Fact is, the longer you knock around the league basement, the greater your chance of a visit to Wembley in the Paint Cup or even a dreamy play-off final. Just imagine our 9,000 remaining fans all making the effort to attend a game together, rather than only half bothering to attend or have bought a season ticket so they can at least be counted in the gate. We may be so shit by then that we can't attract or develop better young players and Duchatelet may get fed-up waiting for his money back and sell-up or even die.

Let's become the lowest league side in London! League Two all the way!

Comments

• Options
    Why be content with L2? We can go lower!
  • Options
    Sorry? Where on earth do you think we're going to get 9,000 fans from?
  • Options
    I don't think back to back relegations are beyond the realms of possibility.

Any coach worth his salt will run a mile at the prospect of having to manage Meire and Roland's rag bag of free transfers and over the hill chancers.

Big budget or not, if there is another club interested in any player we might want he'll go elsewhere.

Can see it now. 2 weeks before the first game. No scout, no director of football and Wim de Court trying to make 8 players look like 11.

• Options
    That makes sense Cardinal, provided Morecambe don't drop out next season, that's my boxes ticked,, then I can concentrate on Solihull Motors and more such as Ebsfleet or Maidstone...