Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chris Jordan Appreciation Society thread

Known as not quite a lover of the guy, but he's now playing in the IPL.

In his first game he went for 1-43, in his second 0-52, and currently in his third game taken for 12 off his first 4 balls , including 2 wides.

Comments

• edited May 2016
    No idea what RCB saw in him to think he will fix up their bowling attack. He is appalling. 'Won' them their last match despite going for about 16, his overs seem to go on for about 10 balls as he always chucks in a wide or a NB as he's trying so hard.
  • Here we go, CJ's third over - he's gone for 22 so far.
  • And 16 off his third, so a juicy 38 off his 3 so far.
  • Not needed for his fourth!
  • great fielder and catcher .. pity about the 'uneven' battin' and bowlin'
  • As a Sussex supporter, I would say that he is an above average county player, but that's about it. No one at Hove really understands why he is playing at such a level.
  • In the interest of a balanced debate, he was very good in the recent T20 world cup
  • I thought he was pretty quality during the T20 WC, but can't say I've seen much more of him than that.
  • I like to see him as jade dernbach with bouns fielding
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2016

Reminds me very much of a modern day Chris Lewis, there is definitely some talent there, but probably not enough to be a regular international contributor. You could probably put him in the same box as Chris Woakes, Rikki Clarke and a few other bowling all rounders, who never quite made the grade at the top level.

I thought Chris Lewis was a mule.
  • As a Sussex supporter, I would say that he is an above average county player, but that's about it. No one at Hove really understands why he is playing at such a level.

As someone who saw him a lot while he was at Surrey. I agree. Nothing more than that as a bowler and his batting is very overrated.
  • McBobbin said:

I like to see him as jade dernbach with bouns fielding

He is certainly a high class fielder - anywhere. He has taken some fantastic catches for Sussex.
  • maybe this could be a never properly made it england all rounder thread ..i ll raise you David Capel and Derek Pringle
  • Bit harsh on CJ IMO.

Was our best bowler during the WC T20 and the only one who seems able to bowl a decent set of yorkers at the death.

Think it's a bit of an insult to liken him to Dernbach who is a decent Saturday league player at best.
  • Bit harsh on CJ IMO.

Was our best bowler during the WC T20 and the only one who seems able to bowl a decent set of yorkers at the death.

Think it's a bit of an insult to liken him to Dernbach who is a decent Saturday league player at best.

I get Dernbach wasnt up to it at international level and some people seemingly took offence to his 'attitude'. (a bit like Callum Harriot has a bad attitude?)

But seriously look at the facts his one day and t20 record at countly level is very very good. He is one of the top few bowlers very year in these competitions.

To call him a sunday league player is frankly ridiculous.
  • lolwray said:

maybe this could be a never properly made it england all rounder thread ..i ll raise you David Capel and Derek Pringle

I'll throw in Ronnie Irani
  • I'd rather have Dernbach than Jordan.
  • edited May 2016

lolwray said:

maybe this could be a never properly made it england all rounder thread ..i ll raise you David Capel and Derek Pringle

Mark Ealham and Adam Hollioake should be on that list too.
  • I'd rather have Dernbach than Jordan.

God no!
  • Sponsored links:

• lolwray said:

Hollioake was absolutly class. I was a bit young to see him at international level but he is a cut above anything that has been mentioned on this thread. To mention him in the same sentence as Chris Jordan is an insult.
  • I have no real problem with dernbach, other than he consistently went for tons of runs.

I'll throw in Chris cowdrey for the crap all rounders list
  • edited May 2016

lolwray said:

Hollioake was absolutly class. I was a bit young to see him at international level but he is a cut above anything that has been mentioned on this thread. To mention him in the same sentence as Chris Jordan is an insult.
    Jordan and Hollioake's ODI bowling averages are almost identical. Hollioake's batting was certainly stronger. Neither have impressive test stats.
  • Just realised (you can tell I'm bored at work), that if you took the 'C' out of Andy Caddick. !
  • Just realised (you can tell I'm bored at work), that if you took the 'C' out of Andy Caddick. !

And moving that seamlessly onto a music analogy....who took the 'c' out of Rap.
  • i ll see your Chris Cowdrey with Gavin Hamilton and raise it with Dermot Reeve
  • I'm going to throw in Jamie Dalrymple
  • Hijacking the crap all-rounders, can anyone remember Mal Loye?
  • What about Ashley Giles? Ok he was more of a no. 8 but I'm sure he was picked more for his batting than his bowling
  • Big_Bob said:

Hijacking the crap all-rounders, can anyone remember Mal Loye?

Anyone who sweeps Glenn McGrath for six is alright in my book