Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Twitter Profiles

According to a messages on a QPR forum a number of Charlton players have removed that they play for Charlton from their Twitter profiles. Ones named are Cousins, Harriott and Lookman. Definitely true for these 3.

Comments

• Options
    Who can blame them. They want to go to a workplace where the only concern is football and not one where at times football seems incidental.
  • Options
    Harriot has also posted up his goals and assists video.......
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Or alternatively after having loads of crap chucked from the stands in their direction: bottles, cans, smoke bombs etc.. they might just think F**k you Charlton fans, its not our fault so you can do one.

Or maybe not.

• Options

According to a messages on a QPR forum a number of Charlton players have removed that they play for Charlton from their Twitter profiles. Ones named are Cousins, Harriott and Lookman. Definitely true for these 3.

Was first mentioned yesterday on the Jordan Cousins thread (page 9). He has also blocked the Charlton Life twitter feed. Solly's twitter is simply showing CAFC.
  • Options
    When was the last time someone removing a club mention from their Twitter description helped them get a move?

Idiots.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

It usually means the deal has already been done.

Or we could be reading something into nothing. Or this is their way of saying they'd rather have nothing to do with the club at this moment in time. Or perhaps they don't want to come up in Charlton searches, etc.

I think I'm still in denial about some of our players leaving. Fully expect Adie and Cousins to leave. Think it would be a shame if we let Harriott go, but it might be that he doesn't want his contract option executed.
  • Options
    I suspect the vast majority of players want out, I doubt they've finished the season with a warm and fuzzy feeling just like we haven't.

Players careers can be relatively short, an awful lot comes down to who you play for (as in manager/coach) and the team around you. Let's face it most of them haven't been treated any better than us, probably by the 3 odd managers just this year (let alone last season also), KM & Co and the match day atmosphere has been pretty toxic.

If I was a footballer at Charlton right now i'd have been into my agent long ago saying 'I'm a footballer, get me out of here'.

Some may stick around, some may have no choice but it won't be many (Jackson, maybe Pope & Solly), the rest either should leave as they aren't fit to wear the shirt or will chose to if they can.

Just like we're seeing the issue of employing a manager, wait until they try & sign players, few we'd really want will actually want to come. Remember SCP saying he had to persuade championship players to join him in league 1, we won't have that ability this time around as we won't have the caliber of manager (I include Wilder in that) or senior management to do so. Powell was extremely well respected by his peers.

Players will come for money, but that's a recipe for disaster, but that's #CAFC right now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But who will decide which players to sell and what price, and which players to keep?
  • Options
    I bet most of our players would actually take a small pay cut to leave, that's how bad it is.
  • Options

Usually pisses me off when relegated players jump ship after a mess of their own making but don't blame any player for wanting to escape the basket case this mob have turned our club into.

Like Dennis Rommedahl saying "the club won't be able to keep me if they get relegated".

Still irritated by that one.