Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pochettino Can Develop This Talented Forward (Lookman) If Tottenham Can Sign Him In The Summer

As per The Daily Star, Tottenham are ready to make a £8m move for Charlton Athletic striker Ademola Lookman as the transfer window opens in the summer. The forward has caught the eye of Mauricio Pochettino, showing glimpses of the quality he possesses and the Argentine gaffer is eyeing the Charlton striker as a part of the club's long-term plans for future.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/2/829897731?-11197:833:0

Comments

• Options
    Hate to see him go but a great opportunity for him under a respected manager at a great club. Great success to him if it comes off.
  • Options
    Would be a great move for him.
  • Options
    The England supporter in me says go for it.

I don't want Roland getting any money out if it though. Hopefully lookmans contract is just as screwed as everyone else's that puts pen to paper.

If he is gana leave, hopefully he has an easy way out.

It's not the club that will be getting 6million.....

If this bloke becomes a star id hate for fraeye and Roland to be able to attach their names to his success.
  • Options
    Good luck to him.

Back on loan a year later - and hopefully not a busted flush like Poyet.
  • Options

£8m? After we got £3.5m for Gomez while a division higher? Have I been hearing about a different Daniel Levy this whole time?

Strikers cost more than defenders
  • Options
    edited May 2016

£8m? After we got £3.5m for Gomez while a division higher? Have I been hearing about a different Daniel Levy this whole time?

Erm.....Lookman did play in the division higher this season.

I don't know why people think we would/should get less money because we are relegated. We didn't cut Darren Bents value in half after we dropped out of the top flight. It's not like the ability of the player automatically drops with the position of the club.

I say sting the b'stards for as much as we can get! £8m would do nicely. (Though hugely doubtful that it would be put toward rebuilding)
  • Options
    Not at all ready for the premier league. I imagine if we sell him this season we will get a loan back. His talent and potentail is there to see but 8m?! To Spurs its peanuts i guess, shame that money won't properly be re invested.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If they are really willing to pay us £8m upfront (I.e not in chunks of £250k each time he plays for England or scores a goal in the moon or something) then that's brilliant business.
  • Options
    If most of that money went back in CW's promotion war chest then I hate to say it but I'd be happy with that deal. I also think Lookman could do with a move to a club like Spurs. Normally, as with Poyet and Parker, the timing is wrong, but can you honestly say being kicked from pillar to post in league one would be good for his development?
  • Options
    Lookman is probably going to leave and for once, if reports are correct, the board have got something right for once in not inserting a release clause into his contract, thereby allowing a bidding war and hopefully Charlton can make some money from a guy that was playing park football just two years ago. Let's hope the money is used wisely.
  • Options
    If the money was reinvested there isn't one player in the squad I wouldn't be willing to sell for £8 million.

You all need to cut Roland some slack, I know he will do the right thing and reinvest the cash in transfers. The question is do we buy 20 polish petes or 4 naby sarrs?
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

If the money was reinvested there isn't one player in the squad I wouldn't be willing to sell for £8 million.

You all need to cut Roland some slack, I know he will do the right thing and reinvest the cash in transfers. The question is do we buy 20 polish petes or 4 naby sarrs?

My advice to Lookman would be to move, grab the money, get loaned to a normal Championship club with a decent first team coaching set up. Having said that the reason why we're a complete shambles of a club is of course down to RD and KM.

I can't see how anyone can know that Roland will do the right thing. If you judge him by his actions over the last couple of years, it's more likely that he do something illogically stupid. Most likely the Lookman money will be used to offset the losses this year caused by the rank incompetence of him and his management team.

Can't speak for others but for me, I'll cut him some slack when it's earnt.

• Options
    Stefco said:

I don't know why people think we would/should get less money because we are relegated. We didn't cut Darren Bents value in half after we dropped out of the top flight. It's not like the ability of the player automatically drops with the position of the club.

I say sting the b'stards for as much as we can get! £8m would do nicely. (Though hugely doubtful that it would be put toward rebuilding)
    Relegation always weakens your bargaining position. You think of we had stayed in the prem that yeah we would have sold Darren Bent for that price? No we would have said no we are keeping him unless a silly offer came in. Probably around double what we actually got.

Same with lookman. As a championship club we could have tried to keep hold of him. certainly we would have had a stronger bargaining position.
  • Options

Huskaris said:

My advice to Lookman would be to move, grab the money, get loaned to a normal Championship club with a decent first team coaching set up. Having said that the reason why we're a complete shambles of a club is of course down to RD and KM.

I can't see how anyone can know that Roland will do the right thing. If you judge him by his actions over the last couple of years, it's more likely that he do something illogically stupid. Most likely the Lookman money will be used to offset the losses this year caused by the rank incompetence of him and his management team.

Can't speak for others but for me, I'll cut him some slack when it's earnt.

It was a joke. Basically I'm saying he will spend the loomman money (if he does) on bringing in more shit.

I will never forgive him for selling kermorgant for polish pete. If it had been clear then just how little an impact Pete would have on the squad it would have led to protests back then.
  • Options
    I think the 8 Million is pie in the sky. We will probably get 1.5m upfront and further add ons up to 2.5M
  • Options
    I think we need to sell Lookie for at least 8 mill, just to pay for KM's over the top police bill and trip to Dubai.
  • Options
    Stefco said:

What? It's got nothing to do with the ability of the player and everything to do with the club's bargaining position. Lookman probably won't want to play a division down, so holding out will be even harder. We're now going to be losing an additional £7m in revenue this coming season, and if we know that you'd better believe Levy does. And then there's the precedent we set; £3.5m for a talent who was better than Lookman in my opinion. Sure, attackers generally go for more but chucking £8m at a team who are known for jerking their knee at the first offer to buy that comes in under this ownership would be insane. I wouldn't be surprised if Spurs opened with £1m plus add-ons that we'll probably never see.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mauricio Pochettino seen leaving a London restaurant yesterday with Sir Alex Ferguson, has been mentioned that they are good friends. Ferguson not keen on José Mourinho as manager of Man U. Read into it what you will but perhaps Lookman may end up at Man U
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

One Polish Pete was one too many, let alone 20 like him.

• Options
    Huskaris said:

Which would you rather get into a fight with?
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

I'd take 8m for the lot !!
  • Options

Huskaris said:

I'd take 8m for the lot !!
    Minus Naby
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Valley11 said:

If most of that money went back in CW's promotion war chest then I hate to say it but I'd be happy with that deal. I also think Lookman could do with a move to a club like Spurs. Normally, as with Poyet and Parker, the timing is wrong, but can you honestly say being kicked from pillar to post in league one would be good for his development?

With Lookman's pace and quick feet, most L1 defenders won't get near him even if they wanted to kick him.

Besides, if you want to see violence and thuggish behaviour on the pitch, the Chelsea vs Spurs game was far worse than L1 :smile:
  • Options
    First thought it read Pinnochio !!