Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

SOLLY what next?

What happens next with Solly will give us a bloody good insight ref this supposed change in the regime.

We can be confident he's pissed in thier bath water but in football terms, he's only 5ft 3.........

Comments

• I don't think he is the type to do even regular interviews let alone 'tell all' explosive insights if he does move on.
  • Charlton is sollys home.

Having said that, if I was Solly I'd want a fresh challenge and considering football is a short enough career.

He has been a great servant to us but think relegation now after doing everything to help us get in the champ only for it to all crumble to pieces via the regime, maybe the final straw for him.
  • No but whether he stays or goes will be very telling.
  • What happens next with Solly will give us a bloody good insight ref this supposed change in the regime.

We can be confident he's pissed in thier bath water but in football terms, he's only 5ft 3.........

I hope Chris Wilder keeps him...

...who am I kidding, Katrien and Roland will give him away to Millwall when they get promoted.
  • Genuine question, would he pass a medical anywhere else?
  • Dont see Solly going anywhere
  • My theory is that John Terry is going to come Charlton to finish his playing days with Solly going in the opposite direction. We can then sing

John Terry Terry
    He's not quite six foot three
    He's better than Chris Solly
    Chris Solly Solly
  • Give him away? Give him away? They'll pay Millwall to take him off their hands.
  • I'm not sure how bad his current 'tendinitis' is or if that's even real, don't trust the club announcements on injuries, but I reckon he probably would normally.
  • Think it through, lads. He's going to Northampton as part of the deal.
  • Sponsored links:

• All will be forgiven, if he just says Solly.

This.
  • I hope he gets himself a good deal at a decent club somewhere.

Good luck Chris.

This.
    Yes. Yes he would
  • I'm certain recently (Peters or Luzon) times the club stated "Solly can't play two games a week" that was before this season when he was our only right back until Motta showed up!
  • If Wilder does come in, we'll be over the quota of Chris' that Roland set when he took over. Solly will be off. Same thing happened to Yann and Dale.
  • Fumbluff said:

Genuine question, would he pass a medical anywhere else?

This.
    Yes. Yes he would
    Yeah, am no doctor but he's been able to play a lot of games and gets up and down the pitch well at full back. Sounds like he just needs a bit of extra monitoring and the odd rest, so for a medical could well be fine. Can only speculate really. I'd sign him based upon the what you see of him at games, haven't prodded at his knee up close though.
  • Fumbluff said:

Genuine question, would he pass a medical anywhere else?

This.
    Yes. Yes he would
    Yeah, am no doctor but he's been able to play a lot of games and gets up and down the pitch well at full back. Sounds like he just needs a bit of extra monitoring and the odd rest, so for a medical could well be fine. Can only speculate really. I'd sign him based upon the what you see of him at games, haven't prodded at his knee up close though.
    He's not been getting better that's for sure. He'll be here next season IMO purely because he's not as good as he was.
  • LoOkOuT said:

If Wilder does come in, we'll be over the quota of Chris' that Roland set when he took over. Solly will be off. Same thing happened to Yann and Dale.

That also explains why we never saw Thuram-Ulien and JBG in the same room/team. I thought they might have been the same person.
  • Could the club retire Chris and take the insurance payout?

That wouldn't be the club's decision to make.
  • Sponsored links:

• He will be one of the few players to stay at charlton ,not going anywhere.