Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New radiohead album (A moon shaped pool?)

edited May 2016 in General Charlton
Anyone else excited by this and listening to the Radio6 music play of the album in full when it's released in 4 minutes (7pm).

Comments

• Options
    Opening track is 'burn the witch' good title but not about Katrien. It's a great number about knee jerk reactions and the culture of attack, I think.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Second track is slower. Apparently also prerelease do but not heard it before unlike burn the witch which has a great trupmton themed video.

Second track (didn't catch the name) sounds great on the headphones. A lot going on in massive steep stereo switches and melodies. Shrugging to catch the words, not a new feature for me with radiohead.
  • Options
    Heard Burn The Witch last week on 6 music, really grew on me, love it now.
  • Options
    Track 2 is called daydreaming apparently.
  • Options
    Track 3 is musically fantastic. Keening voice with a couple of piano riffs one through the left and distortions on the counter play through the right that becomes dominant. Decks dark.
  • Options
    Thanks. Listening now.
  • Options
    Desert Island disc starts with acoustic guitar, possibly a classic. Shifts into Indian sounding harmonies and rhythm structures before clearing out and going pure and then drifting back in.

'You know what I mean.

Different times alone.

I pass the ball.'

Fantastic.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Track 5 ful stop. ( only one l apparently)

Heavy beats in. The beat is driving this one, it's a massive circular hook.

Oh the guitar kicked in.

This is another very good song.

Slowed down a bit at the end which lost me.
  • Options
    Track 6 glass eyes.

Slow and string heavy. Clearest lyrics so far.

They truly hate the reactionary bullshit.
  • Options
    Going to interrupt playing the album with a comment by the complete idiot Gove. Call that news?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Track 7 identikit.

Unbelievable double vocals.

'I don't want to know.

Broken hearts making rain?'

Nailed on classic for me.

Best track so far. Brilliant.
  • Options
    6music say it's 'broken hearts make it rain. '

Track 8 the numbers.

Starting with multiple piano different through left and right and then goes through with a guitar charge matched. The Opposing points continue through into the vocals.

'The future is inside us, it's not somewhere else.'

Complicated sound structures going on.

This is an album to listen to a lot of times to appreciate it fully.

Top class.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Track 9- one for the grammar fans 'present tense'

Slow rhyming build to the start, clean vocals, massive second choir in the right ear.

This is another classic. Simply brilliant.

My favourite track so far.

'You are lost, I am lost, in you I'm lost.'

• Options

Opening track is 'burn the witch' good title but not about Katrien. It's a great number about knee jerk reactions and the culture of attack, I think.

This would be almost unfeasibly ironic if Katrien wasn't actually rubbish
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    And wow Brian eno on next in 6 music.

Track 10 tinker tailor rich man poor man beggar man theif. (Had to edit that very heavily there, been a long day in the sun with the wine)

Slow number, texturally rich but not grabbing me yet this one, weakest track so far on this first listen.

• Options
    Last track - apparently was an acoustic thom Yorke solo ballad for years and now studio version.

This is brilliant again.

Don't leave.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

This would be almost unfeasibly ironic if Katrien wasn't actually rubbish
    Plus she's been here for two years. How slow are your reflexes?? ;-)
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    @leuth, when I first hear the track was called burn the witch I thought this would be a song that could resonate with us.

I think we could all do with burning our one.

It's not though. It's a song about unnecessary hysteria and so not relevant to us where we are necessarily and rightly after as you say 2 years, at burning stage.
  • Options
    Cheers for that, Thom!
  • Options
    I think I might have got a bit carried away with the second bottle of wine and the new headphones.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Listening to it again though and am very impressed with the album.

Top work.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Although I have The Bends, I bought from Brittania (who remembers that CD mail order club?) it's still in its cellophane wrapper. I just don't get Radiohead; but then being over 50 may be a reason. However, the video to Burn the Witch, as being over 50, made me smile.