Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Training Ground Pics

Not being ITK I have no idea what's going on there, but I walk past the ground every day through Avery Hill Park.
The flow of lorries down Sparrows Lane has dried to a trickle, and there's certainly an absence of bodies working there, and no sign of any building work.

I'm led to believe the large pit in the picture is where you bloody protestors are going once they've tracked you all down.

There's a couple of pictures of the new artificial pitches too.

imageimageimage

Comments

• @Swisdom

Do you know what's happening?

• Have the nets in front of the pitch been put there to stop fans throwing objects on the pitch?

• Oggy Red said:

Have the nets in front of the pitch been put there to stop fans throwing objects on the pitch?

I think it's to stop the dog walkers in the park throwing their bags of shit on to the pitches. I'll check and let you know.
  • Oggy Red said:

Have the nets in front of the pitch been put there to stop fans throwing objects on the pitch?

I think they are purely there to stop Makienok and Reza shots.
    Nah, those fences went up a few years back, about Carl Leaburn's time.
  • Oggy Red said:

I think they are purely there to stop Makienok and Reza shots.
    Nah, those fences went up a few years back, about Carl Leaburn's time.
    Oi Leave Carl out of this!
  • I am by no means in the know, but is it possible they hit a point where they needed to wait for the season to end to move onto the next phase? I have a couple mates who work in construction, and have been around three or four remodeling projects of late and it seems that work ebbs as flows as a natural part of the cycle.

Never built anything above Ikea furniture (and even then, didn't build it well) so just my observations as an outsider.
  • That great big pit....I'm sure I read something recently (6-8 weeks ago?) about a massive drainage project being undertaken at Sparrows Lane. Something to do with the pitch drainage, capturing rain water & being able to recycle it to keep the pitches nice.
  • June 28th now and still nothing happening down there.

Any updates from informed sources?

Ask Katrien.
  • Sponsored links:

• They've asked this fella to deal with the next phase of construction works:

• SDAddick said:

I am by no means in the know, but is it possible they hit a point where they needed to wait for the season to end to move onto the next phase? I have a couple mates who work in construction, and have been around three or four remodeling projects of late and it seems that work ebbs as flows as a natural part of the cycle.

Never built anything above Ikea furniture (and even then, didn't build it well) so just my observations as an outsider.

@Swisdom what was this flagged for?? Is it because I can't build Ikea furniture??? I'll have you know I built a POANG chair recently. Only rocks a little...

Tea break
  • SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

I am by no means in the know, but is it possible they hit a point where they needed to wait for the season to end to move onto the next phase? I have a couple mates who work in construction, and have been around three or four remodeling projects of late and it seems that work ebbs as flows as a natural part of the cycle.

@Swisdom what was this flagged for?? Is it because I can't build Ikea furniture??? I'll have you know I built a POANG chair recently. Only rocks a little...
    Removed. Fat Finger Syndrome