Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Copyright

Having read the shirt thread it appears that copyright infringement may be a problem for certain suggestions. Is it possible for the Trust to copyright Charlton songs? As surely they belong to the fans and it could prevent this regime from appropriating them for their own uses.

Comments

• Options
    Me, Macca and Denny have the copyright

:smile:
  • Options

Me, Macca and Denny have the copyright

:smile:

Name dropper. ;)
  • Options
    Is that a mull of kintyre reference?

Can the parts that are unique to Charlton be protected?
  • Options
    Tayls said:

Yes and most likely not.

The additional lyrics ie verses 2 and 3 are mine, check out the cd cover, but the verse we sing is mainly McCartney/Lane with one or two changes.
  • Options

Tayls said:

Yes and most likely not.

The additional lyrics ie verses 2 and 3 are mine, check out the cd cover, but the verse we sing is mainly McCartney/Lane with one or two changes.
    'Change a word, get a third' as the saying goes. You should go for some royalties Henry.
  • Options
    I suspect, though I am not entirely sure, that I, along with all the members of the original VFR choir, own the recording rights, but NOT the publishing rights ;-)
    as such I believe, though I am not entirely sure, that the version you hear therefore belongs to us. :-)
  • Options
    I must be owed at least £1.18 in Royalties by now.
  • Options
    AFKA always took his cut every year ;-)
  • Options

Tayls said:

Yes and most likely not.

'Change a word, get a third' as the saying goes. You should go for some royalties Henry.
    I "sang" on it too but have never seen a penny.

Some rubbish about a charity or something.
  • Options

Tayls said:

Yes and most likely not.

I "sang" on it too but have never seen a penny.

Some rubbish about a charity or something.
    Sorry, I was just giving the cabin crew a bollocking about a dirty handrail I found on the luxury yacht ;-)

Ah yes, the charity...........;-)