Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Good bye to The Valley (for the time being)

This will be our last visit to our football home until RD and KM have gone, we shall still watch the team at some away matches but no more of our money is going to support the regime. Not so bad for us as we live so far away, but whether you are an occasional visitor or a season ticket holder who else won't return until they have gone

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2016
    In the words of Arnie, I'll be back (when Rolands sold up) me the missus and 2 kids.
  • Options
    Me and my three kids are out until they have gone. First time I will not be at the home games since 1963
  • Options
    My last game. Can't really be bothered with this one to be honest. If i am not in the pub ny half time i will very surprised.
  • Options
    Feel very sad. Saying goodbye to the Valley. I have been a north upper season ticket holder since it opened. Taking my two daughters today but won't be back until Roland has gone. Wearing my FADS shirt o remind me of my first game against Hull City in January 1980. 3season ticket holders lost. Belgians out!
  • Options
    Watched to see if any protest. Bored shitless now, gonna turn off.

Feel like a neutral being forced to watch something I'm not remotely interested in.

1 home game in 14 months. No intention of going back. Heartbreaking indeed.
  • Options
    After 50 years I'm sitting at home, not at The Valley; farewell until the great day when these scum have gone and we get our club back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They want us to stay away. Then they can carry out their real plans.
  • Options
    Not renewing doesn't mean staying away and it doesn't mean not fighting.
  • Options
    I'm not going to a home game until these atrocious cunts go.

I will still attend to protest however.

And I will go to aways
  • Options

As I just posted on the match thread:

So, the day is upon us. Farewell charlton till the scum depart. Really can't be bothered to go but will if only to have a last curse at big nose and to say cheerio to my seat (I'm funny like that) and to the guys whose company I've enjoyed. You only need to read a few other threads around here to realise that some things are more important than all this but I feel genuinely angry and robbed. Mr Duchatelet, I'm at the stage in life where I really don't whish a fellow human being any harm but you sir are unique (meaning "c@@t"). Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

+1 on that SB.
    Tossers the lot of 'em.
  • Options
    Yep it's goodbye from me. Next year would have been my 50th since I saw my first game with my Dad. The club has now been part of my life for longer than both my parents were but that's it until these wankers go.
  • Options
    51 years a fan. Will still be a fan until my dying day but the Belgians get no more of my money. The person I feel sorry for is my son. Middle name is Charlton and he's got to live with that ... Sorry son.
  • Options
    The sad thing is upon return The Valley may not be same, RD will change it and I fear not for the good. How effing sad is this all. Football is more than a game.
  • Options
    Not going back until they are gone and all the people around us, at least 8, are doing the same, away matches yes but no home..
  • Options
    The away following should be very good next season! Upsetting reading this thread
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So sad to see all that spirit and desire which could be used for the benefit of the club and the team. I wouldn't have thought it possible to alienate just about everybody.
    Duchatelet, it is totally impossible for you to succeed now you have done that, Sell up before you throw more and more money down the drain.
  • Options
    Not renewing, I can't rule out being tempted by the odd game next season, but I am very unhappy it has come to this. Don't see the scum selling up anytime soon and fear we will need to escalate big time (possibly beyond what Charlton fans are prepared to do) to get shot of these shits.
    Of the 3 families around mine, one is not renewing, one is going to West Ham instead and one is thinking about it. Of my other game-going mates, it's a minority that has renewed.
    Looking forward to all the local away days next season .... oh...

F*** off Roland!
  • Options
    I have experienced many lows, and some highs in my 50+ years of support but today was the lowest because of what the Belgian regime has done to our club. It is not the relegation - that happens. It is the contemptable way Meire and Murray have treated us and the history of our club. The final straw was how they crowd managed us at the end of the match by allowing the away fans on the pitch but attempting to stop us in our own ground.

I departed the Valley with a tear in my eye as I will not return until they are gone.
  • Options
    I am sitting alone in the east stand, last to make my way home.
    Memories come flooding back of friends no longer here of players from the past and both the good times and the not so good. My memories and my love for little old Charlton will never stop.
    I am not sure I can bear to come back until this toxic owner has departed.
    I have never felt hatred for another human being but Duchatelet is the exception.
    The ghosts of the fans and players are all around me and in my mind.
    They tell me not to give up.
    It is probably easy to give up and support from afar but this regime has turned me from a quiet fan into a demonic fan and I will not give up the fight until they are gone for ever.
    COYR
  • Options
    I am now a 100% Away fan I am sad to say!
  • Options
    Normally after an Addicks relegation occurs once the initial disappointment fades we look forward to getting ourselves back up again. I must say I can't see anyway we'll be back soon with these jokers in charge..