Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Can we think before we throw

I know tensions will be high today, but as someone who sits in North lower with a young child can we be careful about what is thrown from North upper.
There were reports of balloons filled with piss at last game which is disgusting.
There are many kids in North lower and if anything sharp, hard or heavy was thrown from above hit anyone it could do damage.
We will be protesting and I'm no health and safety freak, just saying be careful.
Thanks.

Comments

• Take a virtual walk in your head through the process of filling a water balloon with piss, and you'll understand why it's pretty unlikely.

Unless you use a syringe.
  • Just put the objects you are going to throw int the bin provided.
  • I'm just thinking of willys now - thanks @daveydanger
  • Big nets behind the goal
  • Yeah remember, those in the North Lower in particular, you want to release projectiles at a 45 degree angle, to get best height and distance, rather than lobbing horizontally.
  • Or go in the (empty) lower and throw it so it actually reaches the pitch. Not rocket science.
  • Sponsored links:

• Heart in mouth moment when that smoke bomb landed next to Pope
  • Take a virtual walk in your head through the process of filling a water balloon with piss, and you'll understand why it's pretty unlikely.

Unless you use a syringe.
    I wouldn't recommend extracting piss direct from the bladder.
  • Dear Katrien, Would you like this? It's in Penhall Road.
  • Heart in mouth moment when that smoke bomb landed next to Pope

Being a catholic, he probably thought it was incense.
  • It was quite close to him that one. Probably about a yard away.

Hey seemed to have some issues with the first one, they poured half a bucket of sand on it on the pitch and it carried on smoking away.

For the later (3 was it from us before but let were allowed their yellow flare) ones, they seemed to pick it up and drop it in the bucket.

One of the burnley players booted one off the pitch as well so they clearly aren't as toxic as mainstream opinion suggests....

• It was quite close to him that one. Probably about a yard away.

Hey seemed to have some issues with the first one, they poured half a bucket of sand on it on the pitch and it carried on smoking away.

For the later (3 was it from us before but let were allowed their yellow flare) ones, they seemed to pick it up and drop it in the bucket.

One of the burnley players booted one off the pitch as well so they clearly aren't as toxic as mainstream opinion suggests....

That's because what we have seen are smoke bombs and not flares. They simply release a coloured smoke. Flares burn at hundreds of degrees and release flames and smoke. Very different prospect and much more dangerous. Easy way to get a game called off though of anyone is planning it! ;)

A couple actual flares and the police have to call the game off.
  • Ah, thanks for the clarification. I had wondered why they were possible to kick across the floor. I was thinking 'I wouldn't kick a flare', having had to set one off doing some sailing course when I was a bit younger.

If anyone can do this, then Britain's Got Talent is your kind of show to enter.
  • Sponsored links:

• I got hit in the back of the head by a plastic bottle in the North Upper. If you've got a shit throwing arm, sit closer or don't bother throwing stuff.
  • edited May 2016
    On bog roll throwing.
    There is a skill, hold on to the end, and throw it so it unravels to form a streamer.
    As kids we used to beg blank ticket rolls from bus conductors which worked well too.
    Maybe CARD could invest in a few thousand till rolls

• seth plum said:

On bog roll throwing.
    There is a skill, hold on to the end, and throw it so it unravels to form a streamer.
    As kids we used to beg blank ticket rolls from bus conductors which worked well too.

Think the younger generation needs some lessons in this :-)

• wasn't it smokes that were used at away games a few years back that were labelled as deadly and toxic by some on here.
  • seth plum said:

On bog roll throwing.

so true

modern "softer" toilet tissue just doesnt work the same ....you need the older "Izal" stuff ..preferably with property of LCC on each sheet
  • shirty5 said:

Take a virtual walk in your head through the process of filling a water balloon with piss, and you'll understand why it's pretty unlikely.

If anyone can do this, then Britain's Got Talent is your kind of show to enter.
    I dunno, I think I could do it ! Be funny watching a woman trying to fill one though...........................
  • edited May 2016
    lolwray said:

seth plum said:

On bog roll throwing.

so true

modern "softer" toilet tissue just doesnt work the same ....you need the older "Izal" stuff ..preferably with property of LCC on each sheet
    I just wonder if there are former public employees who might still be using stock 're-located' 40 years ago :smiley:
  • JiMMy 85 said:

I got hit in the back of the head by a plastic bottle in the North Upper. If you've got a shit throwing arm, sit closer or don't bother throwing stuff.

In the north upper? Now that is a poor throwing arm or a very large bottle of water.

Now my 6 year old has a better arm than I had when I was his age, I reckon he could chuck 50cl around 50ft. 1ltr sound 35 ft and 5ltr around no metres.

If it was a small bottle were they aiming for you?

• lolwray said:

seth plum said:

On bog roll throwing.

so true

I just wonder if there are former public employees who might still be using stock 're-located' 40 years ago :smiley:
    when I joined the civil service 30 odd years ago I couldn't believe they still had Izal in the bogs. Great for using as tracing paper. Useless for it's intended purpose. My name is testament to that.