Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Goodbye Jose Riga

I hope he gets a good send off from Charlton fans today. He did his best under extremely difficult circumstances and has been dignified and respectful throughout. I'm guessing he wasn't retained the first time around because he refused to be dictated to. He returned this time, but only after having certain conditions agreed to, one of those being a longer 18 month contract rather than the six they offered him. No doubt he once again made it clear that he needed to be able to do things his way if he were to return for a second term. They obviously agreed, because they were in a desperate situation.
Now it seems to me that the rug has been pulled from under him for the second time. It's an appalling way to treat a decent man. Far from being a "puppet" he is doing the honourable thing by telling them to get stuffed and walking away from the job he loves, rather than agree to their terms.
Goodbye from me Jose, thanks for giving me a little hope and for putting some pride back into our performances, I hope your next job is at a normal club, under normal circumstances, where you can show what you are capable of achieving.

Comments

• Options
    Good luck Jose and credit for you to try and work with the clowns in the 'senior management team' twice with a well earned break managing Blackpool in between.

Take it easy and hope you get a job that you deserve.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Dave2l said:

Way too much credit and assumption he's this great guy based on absolutely no evidence whatsoever.

Best that we've had this season.
    No exactly compliment of the century :)

But yes of course.

If Riga was our manager from the start of the season and his contract prevented him from ever getting sacked for whatever reason between the time of August up until this point, I don't think we would have got relegated. We would have survived by the skin of our teeth.

The original post is just slightly ott
  • Options
    Bye Jose, don't give up the day job though!
  • Options
    Seems like a nice guy and the best of a bad bunch by some distance. But we would never have heard of him but for Dushitalot's network so he is part of the stain on our history as far as I'm concerned. Unlike Roland I wish him no ill but he can do one with the rest as far as I'm concerned.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Why? He failed to do the job he was brought in for. He should have re-employed Damien Mathew and Alex Dyer, who were the main reason we stayed up last time.

How can you prove that?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Dave2l said:

Way too much credit and assumption he's this great guy based on absolutely no evidence whatsoever.

Best that we've had this season.
    That's a bit like being the world's tallest midget!
  • Options
    To the Riga critics, I will say one thing, enjoy the next puppet. Because he will be in post only because he has agreed to all Roland's demands, unlike Riga. If you didn't like Riga, you ain't seen nothing yet. Get ready for a real puppet, so grateful to be given the opportunity, and so willing to comply with all his masters' wishes.
  • Options
    Queensland, I expect nothing less. And that will continue until RD leaves. And that is why Lennie and Dougie told him to poke it.
  • Options
    Really couldn't care less. Part of the network, part of the problem
  • Options

To the Riga critics, I will say one thing, enjoy the next puppet. Because he will be in post only because he has agreed to all Roland's demands, unlike Riga. If you didn't like Riga, you ain't seen nothing yet. Get ready for a real puppet, so grateful to be given the opportunity, and so willing to comply with all his masters' wishes.

We've had nothing but puppets under that Belgian wanker. I honestly don't believe he could employ anybody flawless than Fraeye.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    See you next February, Jose.
  • Options
    I bet Jose can't wait to get as far away from us as possible.
  • Options

I bet Jose can't wait to get as far away from us as possible.

Me neither!
  • Options
    It's probably thinking about leaving that's interfering with the game-changing substitutions at the mo'
  • Options
    Fuck him off. More rubbish.
  • Options
    Struggles to get work outside Roland's asylum of mediocrity.

A sad indictment of the fall in self esteem and declining expectation of what is good enough for this club
  • Options

I believe @Oakster has flown in to present him with a life time achievement award before the game.

LOL just as I was starting to like him as well......