Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD on BBC London TV tonight

2»

Comments

• Options

Great coverage and Heather spoke very well. Pretty poor the club is even that dismissive of the BBC.

They know they'll get found out if any journalist worth their salt cross-questions them. Therefore they've gone for the 'issue a statement and hope no-one questions it' approach; let's pretend that promotion to the Championship is our priority and hope people swallow it without questioning what our plans are to make it happen. It's a sign of their paucity of thought that they are just as incapable of engaging with the press as they are of engaging with the fans. Totally clueless; another demonstration of their incompetence.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

A good piece, very good representation courtesy of Heather and good for the overall profile of our cause.

Great coverage and Heather spoke very well. Pretty poor the club is even that dismissive of the BBC.

Although it looks poor, the BBC have done them an inadvertent favour; by selecting the statement from 2 weeks ago they were able to use the quote about the main priority being promotion next year.

If they used the more recent quote, it would've been Katrien wanting fans to manager their expectations about next seasons success.
    I thought very poor that the club missed an opportunity to get their side of the argument across.
    Just really reinforced our position and shows the club has no real idea of how to move forward.
  • Options
    Anyway someone can link a direct bus on here?

I'm in Canada BBC iPlayer is restricted to uk
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    TEL said:

T.C.E said:

Just went out for a beer wearing a CARD tee shirt with my good lady, four obviously drunk youngsters (all Aussies!) starting singing "we want our Charlton back" they came over and apologised to my good lady for being wrecked and said despite being supporters of other clubs were behind our protests. @TEL you spreading the word mate? :)

I set that up just for you Ray
    Met them lunchtime, mad as a box of frogs. No particular reason for following us, other than us fighting against the regime. They saw the protest on the Internet and love the fact we haven't started burning the place down or cracking heads to achieve our aim. They were only on their lunch break, five fecking beers in a hour and bit. I've got to wine and dine the good lady yet, I'm fecking wrecked!
  • Options

T.C.E said:

TEL said:

T.C.E said:

Just went out for a beer wearing a CARD tee shirt with my good lady, four obviously drunk youngsters (all Aussies!) starting singing "we want our Charlton back" they came over and apologised to my good lady for being wrecked and said despite being supporters of other clubs were behind our protests. @TEL you spreading the word mate? :)

I set that up just for you Ray
    Cheers mate, now if you could just do something about this hangover it would be appreciated. ;)

Hangovers are best dealt with by either

A) drinking again as soon as possible either during or after your bacon and egg breakfast the medium hangovers
    B) taking a good few days off whatever it was that meant a) didn't work.

C) Mrs TCE cure, a feckin Latte coffee with scones, cream and strawberry jam on Circular Quays at 7.15 this morning FFS.
    D) Wait til she crashed out at 10.30 before popping out to meet my new Aussie mates. (Avoid hangover........... Stay pissed, it's the way forward I tell thee) :)
  • Options
    Excellent response from Heather Alderson. Also, without wanting to sound like Mandy, Heather comes over as the articulate, intelligent, business woman she obviously is and by speaking on behalf of the protestors(I think) shows and confirms that opposition to Meire is not based on her gender.

PS Looking at the reporter standing outside the Valley smacks of shades of things to come - Floyd Road on match days won't look too different to how it is on non-match days next season. Even the tree near the Charlton badge/logo appears to have given up and died.
  • Options

LuckyReds said:

A good piece, very good representation courtesy of Heather and good for the overall profile of our cause.

Although it looks poor, the BBC have done them an inadvertent favour; by selecting the statement from 2 weeks ago they were able to use the quote about the main priority being promotion next year.

If they used the more recent quote, it would've been Katrien wanting fans to manager their expectations about next seasons success.
    I thought very poor that the club missed an opportunity to get their side of the argument across.
    Just really reinforced our position and shows the club has no real idea of how to move forward.
    I agree completely, it's piss poor; albeit ironic that their refusal to comment has done them in a favour by avoiding the recent U-turn with regards to our expectations for next season.

To an observer the statement appears quite valid, albeit overshadowed by the fact the club didn't comment specifically.