Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Meires parents house visited

Comments

• Options
    The net result of this will be to provide KM with propaganda that she will be able to use, possibly to some effect. Difficult to see how anything positive could have arisen as a result.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

anything that makes her pack up and leave is fine with me, nobody should be doing their job as badly as she is doing hers. no doubt this will get back to her and as long as her parents were not intimidated or abused i can't see too much wrong with that, just want to get all of this vermin out of our club.

and yes i understand so does everybody and this action isn't everyone's cup of tea and that's fair enough.

We should get your dad's opinion on this. We should target his bar to do so.

Good one.
  • Options
    Hex said:

A step too far. But if Roland and Katrien want to continue to take the piss, wind people up, push people too far and show a total disregard for their feelings, then they shouldn't be surprised when this sort of thing happens. They are screwing with people's minds and their lives, it's a dangerous game to play.

I want them gone as much as anyone but get a grip. It's just football.

I doubt the club employees that are made redundant due to KM and RD's deliberate mismanagement will be thinking that, nor their families.
    I very much doubt those that you refer to would want KM's parents targeted over their redundancies. It's a ridiculous notion to tie the two together.

• Options

Saying that obviously I'd be fuming about it if it happened to my parents but then I wouldn't be super shit , ignorant and mucking up a lifetimes passion and tradition of lots of people whilst showing zero humility towards those whose footballing lifestyle I have pissed about with

Tough one in all honesty

As well as your first post this is exactly how I feel too. KM and RD can only go on messing with people's lives and passion for so long before it starts messing with her own.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

In the interest of balance, can we have the dialogue of the short conversation which took place with her father?

• Options
    edited May 2016

It still isn't entirely clear to me what exactly happened on the doorstep. However if it is the case that the father opened the door and when asked, denied that KM is his daughter, and assuming you had the right house, that tells us that he was obviously very unsettled by the experience, whether or not our fans thought they were "polite".

So given the reaction on here, (and I do see some of the arguments of those who did this) it would now be a a very smart idea to send some flowers and a note that might say that on consideration we realise that this was an intimidating thing to do, no such intimidation was meant, and it won't happen again.

There is a Valley Party precedent when we sent flowers to Simon Oelman's wife, and told the press about it, after she complained of being abused by Charlton fans.

I think as always Prague has a very good idea, and something I'd be happy to chip in on.

I also don't want to start vilifying those who did this. I understand that you did something on your own initiative and money which you felt was fair, and a couple weeks later it turns out that a seeming majority of us don't agree. This doesn't make you bad people or "enemies of the revolution." I personally made a flippant remark about "wanting to be better than Millwall fans" which was meant purely tongue-in-cheek, but I apologize if anyone took that seriously.

It's quite possible that we have many more months or years of protests ahead of us, and we will not always be in full consensus (or even consensus) on how to proceed. Where "The Line" is is incredibly subjective and fickle. So, while I don't agree with this particular action, I still applaud your intent.
  • Options
    Roland Duchâtelet... You bought the right club.
  • Options
    Of course it's intimidating. As there is passive aggression, this is passive intimidation.

At one level the target receives an 'I know where you live, I know where your parents live' message that may lead them to fear horses heads in the future. That's not a cool.

On another level, by all accounts, there were no threatening encounters, leafleting was carried out in areas that could give the highest visibility to the regime and was carried out and conducted politely. This is in stark contrast to how these encounters could have happened with the harder edge of virtually any other club.

This for me supports the view that Charlton is supported by a great bunch of people and let's not forget we agree more than we disagree (standard trolls excepted)

• Options

It still isn't entirely clear to me what exactly happened on the doorstep. However if it is the case that the father opened the door and when asked, denied that KM is his daughter, and assuming you had the right house, that tells us that he was obviously very unsettled by the experience, whether or not our fans thought they were "polite".

So given the reaction on here, (and I do see some of the arguments of those who did this) it would now be a a very smart idea to send some flowers and a note that might say that on consideration we realise that this was an intimidating thing to do, no such intimidation was meant, and it won't happen again.

There is a Valley Party precedent when we sent flowers to Simon Oelman's wife, and told the press about it, after she complained of being abused by Charlton fans.

Totally agree about the flowers, with an apology if they were upset. After all it's probably not their fault their daughter turned out to be a lying conniving bitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Totally agree about the flowers, with an apology if they were upset. After all it's probably not their fault their daughter turned out to be a lying conniving bitch.
    I blame the parents...
  • Options
    not in my name
  • Options

So on further reading, it was @The_President himself who had the conversation with Mr Meire. He denied that KM was his daughter, but the conversation carried on? What did you talk about, if he was denying all knowledge of KM? Like I said, I am not as strongly critical as some, but at the very least, if you decide to tell CL what you've done, you need to tell us exactly what happened.

Somebody asked why this is worse than @Coyotejohn1947 's efforts with KM's University. The answer is that he has targeted her professional reputation in Belgium, and that is exactly what we should do in RD's case. Both of them are bringing their Belgian professional peers into potential disrepute in England, and their peers should know about it. But separate the professional and the personal, I think that is the red line. And if a particular operation seems like a grey area, opt for caution.

Agreed. I have only seen so far two person's understanding of what happened. If The President had this conversation, then can it not be shared?
  • Options
    I support CARD as much as we all do but some middle-aged bloke travelling out to Belgium to visit her parents is beyond creepy.
  • Options
    tallboy said:

Disagree entirely with this action. It's an own goal and counter productive.

Just had a discussion with a fellow Charlton supporting friend. He was initially supportive of Roly Two Sheds tenure but has slowly turned away from the "dark side" over the last few months i.e. he was starting to see the light and moving to a "Roly Out" position. However, he is now stating that he could not support any group that stooped to this sort of action.

A Millwall supporting friend in on the discussion stated "f**k that is low!"

I agree with both of them. It was an ill thought out thing to do and CARD supported or not it has made getting the "waivers" on side a bit more difficult.

Why does your friend have to support any group ? it's a straight forward douchbag out, you don't need to be part of a group to feel that way. By the way, have the Belgian 20 approached your friend & asked him to join them on a trip ?
  • Options
    Everyone who is condemning this action- if it actually brought about Roland moving nearer to selling up would you still disapprove?
  • Options

Everyone who is condemning this action- if it actually brought about Roland moving nearer to selling up would you still disapprove?

Personally, I would think that if he were moving closer to selling up, it is much more likely to be the result of the protests (on TV) in the stadium. I'd be very surprised if any impact on the family of our fragrant and lovely CEO will have that kind of influence on him.