Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Meires parents house visited

Comments

• Options
    It is a tad distasteful yet as long as the "visitors" were polite and not intimidating then I am OK with it as a one off. We have to show these people that our ingenuity knows no bounds. TBH if we are talking about unease well I don't like how many people claim to hate these people, I hate what they are doing to our club but don't know them enough to form an opinion in them personally.
  • Options
    Look at the history folks. Every owner who runs in to trouble with the fans ends up selling in the end. It might take time but it will happen. Keep up the protests but do it with class.
  • Options
    I've no problem with it. Crack on lads.
  • Options
    I take it this was done 10 or so days ago, and done so in order to get some kind of weird reaction from Meire. Which for once didn't happen. I question the logic of making this public now, how does this help? I hope someone gave the mother flowers or chocolates, the parents shouldn't be 'targeted'.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    'Targeted' makes it sound so much worse than it actually was judging by the description.

It sounds like you were tipped off about the address and impulsively dropped a leaflet through the door and of neighbours but the Dad answered.

Maybe I'm a little hardened to it. My school teachers made a point of targeting my parents every day to tell them what a failure I was.

*edit... Just re-read it and saw the 'legitimate target' bit. Don't agree with that at all.
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

I take it this was done 10 or so days ago, and done so in order to get some kind of weird reaction from Meire. Which for once didn't happen. I question the logic of making this public now, how does this help? I hope someone gave the mother flowers or chocolates, the parents shouldn't be 'targeted'.

Weird meaning unique. {...}
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd imagine whoever spoke to Mr Meire is a member on here. Let's hear it from the horse's mouth.
    I won't hold my breath...

• Options
    Just for clarification, I wasn't involved in this or the leafleting of Duchatalet and his neighbours.

However, I don't believe the action of posting a few polite leaflets in letterboxes 'oversteps the mark', wherever that may be.

I don't know what was said to her parents or the tone that was taken - perhaps Mr President could clear that up? With a son the same age as her I also wouldn't describe myself as elderly.

Personally, I wouldn't give her the time of day as I'm not sure I could contain my language in front of her.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Well done lads, anything to get her out and make her squirm, I'm fine with it.

This is the lady that is slowly dismantling our club, and is overseeing one of the darkest days in our history, her, her family and her businesses are game IMO.
  • Options
    Just a bit weird in my opinion.
  • Options
    Out of interest, if the house had been leafleted and no-one had heard and come to do the door, so no conversation had happened, would people still be uncomfortable?
  • Options
    Did the father come to the door after leaflet dropped through or was the door deliberately knocked on , unlike the other houses where leaflets were dropped ?
  • Options
    What did it achieve?
  • Options
    Targeted was a poor choice of word.
    That's all.
    Perhaps, like political parties would have done, her parents were actually merely canvassed?
    Don't see that as a problem at all. And certainly not in comparison to the grief, anguish, and general crap that their daughter has endlessly heaped on us.
    If she doesn't like the heat she knows what she's got to do.
    Frankly, I'd prefer to be visited by a group of Charlton supporters than the fecking Jehovah's Witnesses that seem to think it's acceptable to doorstep you.

IMO, it is entirely legitimate way of getting our views across to ANYONE that might have some influence on her and her boss.

I am bemused by all the "crossed the line" comments.

BTW does anyone know if Murray's house is empty while he's at a match?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2016
  • Options

Out of interest, if the house had been leafleted and no-one had heard and come to do the door, so no conversation had happened, would people still be uncomfortable?

Personally, yes. They were in St Truiden which for all intents and purposes is run by Roland. There were plenty of his businesses that they could have targeted far more successfully yet they travelled 22km out after "identifying" Katriens parents house and "targeted" it. Not only is it wrong, it was a waste of resource and effort when Roland's businesses made for a far better target.
  • Options
    I absolutely disagree with this approach. The word 'targeting' has been questioned in this thread - and rightly so. However I would go further and say it is intimidation.

What on earth does anyone expect to achieve by intimidating KM's parents, or even total strangers who just happen to live in the area. Headline ' Charlton's CEO forced to resign after her parents targeted by fans'. I would expect any sympathy generated by CARD in its actions to date would evaporate overnight.
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

Meire turning up at POTY with three heavies and having bags searched on the way in may have been a reaction?

• Options
    What are you expecting her father to do? Slap the back of her legs and 'ground' her for a season?

Don't agree with this. Any parent would worry about strangers coming to the door and complaining about their child. I suppose we know that they don't have any underlying health condition that could be exacerbated by worry?

She's made her own life decisions let her suffer the consequences.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

I absolutely disagree with this approach. The word 'targeting' has been questioned in this thread - and rightly so. However I would go further and say it is intimidation.

What on earth does anyone expect to achieve by intimidating KM's parents, or even total strangers who just happen to live in the area. Headline ' Charlton's CEO forced to resign after her parents targeted by fans'. I would expect any sympathy generated by CARD in its actions to date would evaporate overnight.

If we achieved those headlines - job done. None of us would need to care about any headlines that would be forgotten two days later. And we wouldn't need sympathy anyway. In any event what does sympathy ever achieve?

The hand-wringing regarding this excellent episode in our on-going protests is pathetic. What are some of you thinking?

• Options
    bobmunro said:

I think (happy to be corrected) that this wasn't a CARD protest. I imagine that subtlety would be lost on anyone from the outside looking in though so your point is completely valid.
  • Options
    Just seems a bit pathetic to me.
  • Options
    Anyone see if she had a poster of Chris Powell on her bedroom wall?