Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Meires parents house visited

Comments

• Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Who's advising you. Richard Murray?
  • Saying that obviously I'd be fuming about it if it happened to my parents but then I wouldn't be super shit , ignorant and mucking up a lifetimes passion and tradition of lots of people whilst showing zero humility towards those whose footballing lifestyle I have pissed about with

Tough one in all honesty

Disagree, hound Meire but not her parents.

Agreed this approach would upset Meire but this is nothing to do with her family.
  • SDAddick said:

Redskin said:

Legitimate targets indeed, well done to all involved.

What makes her parents 'Legitimate targets'?
    They are destroying our club, if this is the only way at getting at people so be it. Of course it isn't nice or fair but then neither is she & neither is the situation we find ourselves in.
    My argument would be that we should always hold ourselves to the highest standards, otherwise what makes us different from those we oppose, or Millwall (other than literacy in the case of Millwall)?

My other question is, what do we gain from this? Recognition? Embarrassing her? If we've resorted to having to try to embarrass someone to their parents then I fear we've run out of good ideas.

Again, we all protest in our own ways, and while I disagree with the methods I respect that all of you are Charlton fans doing your best to remove this regime.
    How does peaceful leafleting compare with "Millwall fans" ?
  • Dislike. How to lose the goodwill and support card have
  • Like most people I loathe Meire, BUT for people thinking it is okay to target her parents you are wrong.
    How would you feel if you sacked somebody at work and they then confronted your innocent parents?
    Totally out of order.

Hounding them would be bang out of order, it doesn't seem like that is what happened, though, does it?
    Let us not split hairs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just a step that needs to be taken. I am looking forward to the TV interview with her even if it is in Flemmish after she has left CEO talking about the torment she received while in the roll with tears streaming down her face. Lol
  • Dave2l said:

If a group of strangers approached my elderly parents at their home without an invitation, on the grounds that I was doing a crap job at work, I would have a very serious sense of humour failure.

Sorry this is brainless and totally unacceptable. It is also counter-productive because it plays into the narrative of 'Ms. Meire, the vulnerable female victim doing her best in a man's world'.

Agreed.

I was obviously not present so can't describe how things went down but it just sounds very foolish for quite a few reasons.

I hate it.

Meire is her own worst enemy. It's a bit annoying that's she's making a load of money on the back of doing a very bad job, but that's the reality. She's lucky for now but more or less in the end, everyone ends up where they deserve. She won't be a big shot in 10 years that's a fact. I don't care either way though.

Simply ignoring the woman and pretending she doesn't exist is probably a better way of getting to her as the current attention, whether good or bad, still means something.

I don't take her seriously. You couldn't force me into a conversation with her. She would be an irrelevance in whatever environment.

Don't stoop so low.

As a fanbase, charlton is a proud club to support and there is more of a level of dignity and integrity about us then what going Meires parents house suggests.

Keep it that way

I'm sorry that I couldn't disagree with you more. The essence of what you are saying is ignore her and Roland and they will go away. That has to be the worst mis-reading of the situation at our club that I have yet read.

The visit took place ten days ago. There has been no statement from Katrien, Roland, her parents or the club since. If this was the PR disaster that you and others are claiming then the club PR people would have been all over it. I suspect that the reason they haven't is that they fear that the press and other people might ask them if they have attempted to talk to the protesters at the valley through normal channels and ask why the protesters felt they had to take this action.

• Mametz said:

Dave2l said:

If a group of strangers approached my elderly parents at their home without an invitation, on the grounds that I was doing a crap job at work, I would have a very serious sense of humour failure.

Sorry this is brainless and totally unacceptable. It is also counter-productive because it plays into the narrative of 'Ms. Meire, the vulnerable female victim doing her best in a man's world'.

Agreed.

I was obviously not present so can't describe how things went down but it just sounds very foolish for quite a few reasons.

I hate it.

Meire is her own worst enemy. It's a bit annoying that's she's making a load of money on the back of doing a very bad job, but that's the reality. She's lucky for now but more or less in the end, everyone ends up where they deserve. She won't be a big shot in 10 years that's a fact. I don't care either way though.

Simply ignoring the woman and pretending she doesn't exist is probably a better way of getting to her as the current attention, whether good or bad, still means something.

I don't take her seriously. You couldn't force me into a conversation with her. She would be an irrelevance in whatever environment.

Don't stoop so low.

As a fanbase, charlton is a proud club to support and there is more of a level of dignity and integrity about us then what going Meires parents house suggests.

Keep it that way

I'm sorry that I couldn't disagree with you more. The essence of what you are saying is ignore her and Roland and they will go away. That has to be the worst mis-reading of the situation at our club that I have yet read.

The visit took place ten days ago. There has been no statement from Katrien, Roland, her parents or the club since. If this was the PR disaster that you and others are claiming then the club PR people would have been all over it. I suspect that the reason they haven't is that they fear that the press and other people might ask them if they have attempted to talk to the protesters at the valley through normal channels and ask why the protesters felt they had to take this action.

I'm talking about KM on a personal level, not RD. I have not said that we need to ignore them in order to get em to sell up. That's wrong.

Like I said I wasn't present so I don't know how it went. It just SOUNDS incredibly distasteful and it needs more of a deeper description to fully imagine it in a positive way. It's just the principle of taking it a bit too far in a certain direction and not remembering that as much as we love Charlton, football is still just a sport.

It's not for katriens sake, it's for ours and what we are as a fanbase and how we conduct ourselves. It's the wrong sort of message and not very Charlton like. Objectively it's going to sound weird unique to the neutral too.

She behaves like a twat, we don't. Keep it that way.

• President - not the response you expected or wanted. You would be better off finding out where Meire hides in London and leafletting her neighbours.
  • Sponsored links:

• Again, not happy with her parents being approached. Hints of stalking and use of unpleasant tactics. Not even sure about Meire's house, to be honest. From my previous postings, you know I have no time for the woman and what she has done in SE7, but leave her family out of it.
  • So not "targeted" then?
  • Disgraceful in my opinion. Her UK home should be the legitimate target not her parents. I thought the campaign had real class until now.
    Also please tell me why Murray seems to be left out of the targeting. After all he is the Judas who brought these cretins to the club and I bet he was handsomely rewarded by them for doing so. As well as Katrien''s smug face etched on my mind I can still Murray''s smug face when he said his role as Non Executive was to be the link between the fans and the new owners. Makes him out to be as big a liar as Katrien. Just look up CAFC Holdings Ltd at Companies House and you will get Murray''s address and that of his children who were also involved in the club pre Duchebag.
    While we are at it what about the club's bankers, lawyers etc.
    That might get them thinking.
    Targeting the parents and neighbours is pointless, embarrassing and shows a lack of real class.
    I hope Duchebag does not now dig his heels in further and stop any further funding and let the club disintegrate even further.
  • edited May 2016
    Sorry don't agree with this at all - stalking them at their homes is just creepy and intimidating and going to her parents house is outrageous.

• edited May 2016
    Mixed feelings. Public figures have to deal with this sort of thing. It's a life and profile they choose. When they polarise people they can expect the repercussions to be felt by not just them but the people they know. When they polarise and then smirk and laugh at the public even when protests against them reach fever pitch, they can not have many complaints if you ask me, because at that point, they are deliberately and intently trying to anger people even more.

Had she shown an ounce of humility, I doubt this would have happpened. That being said, I do think a peaceful protest outside KM's home would've been more fitting then going to her parents and knocking on their door.
  • Disgusting. No matter how peaceful the intent this is bullying and intimidation. Shameful. To target someone's loved ones is cowardly beyond belief. If anyone who had an issue with me ever approached my family I'd end them without a second thought.
  • Addickted said:

A leaflet written in Dutch and English was pushed through the letterbox of Meire's home in Belgium. Her father answered the door and was spoken to politely by a Charlton fan explaining why he was delivering the leaflets.

They didn't draw a swastika in pigs blood on their door for fecks sake.

I bet your local Jehovah Witnesses get a rough time from some of you.

Whose house was it ? Her parents or hers ? I vaguely remember from the pictures posted that Katriens flat was identified but it was her parents house that was leafleted - is that correct ?