Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Meires parents house visited

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    I hope the wound repairs well.

This thread has been massively devisive and we are at a point where it's done.

Let's just stop.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Every time someone posts "Stop" I see the thread rise, and my expectations are dashed..

So for that reason, I think we should all stop.
  • Options

cafcfan said:

Redskin said:

cafcfan said:

Redskin said:

@President
    Simple question: why say 'one of the group managed to have a conversation with her father...' and not, I managed to have a conversation with her father...' ?

What's this now? The Spanish Inquisition? Who gives a shit?
    That's plenty from you, Sonny Jim.

What are you going to come out with next? "I put it to you Mr President that you are lying?
    Not really. But when
    cafcfan said:

Redskin said:

cafcfan said:

Redskin said:

@President
    Simple question: why say 'one of the group managed to have a conversation with her father...' and not, I managed to have a conversation with her father...' ?

What are you going to come out with next? "I put it to you Mr President that you are lying?
    Well Your Honour, when he starts it with "Last week 20 fans of Charlton Athletic peacefully leafleted the St Truiden home of the club's CEO Katrien Meire" when there were only 11 of them on the trip and only a few of them went to her parents house, you're on thin ice!

It's happened now, it's done. Post a statement on a forum and then it is open season for people to give their opinion. The incident gets magnified due to the amount of people that give their opinion. Something bringing in family will always split opinion and I'm sure those that did it know that's likely.

Imo it's beyond what I personally see as fair game protesting, others disagree though and I accept. Personally I Can't believe anyone would drive 22km out of town and leaflet an area just on a hunch it might be her folks. Pres said in the last thread it was described he was 'acting like a bailiff' I think.

The Belgium protests are so important and supplement everything else that goes on closer to home. I hope they continue but I equally hope that lessons are learnt in hindsight and things are done slightly differently on future voyages. Pressure needs to be maintained in many different ways.
    Ahem, there were more than 11 involved in this trip - there were significant numbers who had contributed with effort to the planning of this - it was unfortunate that several had to drop out because of feeling that they had to be at the Valley protests - but please dont diss the numbers when you clearly dont have the right information.
    So, just for clarification, how many, actually, went to Belgium? Of those how many, actually, went to the home of KM's parents?
  • Options
    No response required here to @kings hill addick the answers to your questions are in this thread above.

• Options
    Please, do not attempt to be provocative on this issue.

If you need further explanation please PM me and we can talk on the phone.
  • Options
    Would leafleting outside Melexis HQ be in poor taste?
  • Options

I have a view I'm sure many others do as well. Please discuss on another thread.
  • Options
    My two bobs worth.
    An ill conceived idea imo.

Mr Miere will be aware how deeply unpopular his daughter is at Charlton. A strange Englishman turns up on his doorstep asking if his daughter lives there. He says no. Quick thinking on his part?
    And, what if he'd called the police?
    What if he'd argued?
    All the good work done by CARD could be undone if this is spun by Katriens legal team.
    Probably well intentioned but not thought through.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Paused reading at page 10...

President has explained it and he sounds level headed about it so the criticisms might aswell just be rested in total. I personally think it would benefit this forum and the protests if the thread was removed if it goes on forever. Just IMO.

The fact is ....that a leaflet was just delivered to someone's house and nothing further happened.

We have done well for questioning such methods and no, RD would not "enjoy" reading this thread on the basis that it might make the fanbase seem questionable in their actions.

People are thinking well and objectively.

Katriens dad said he didn't know who his daughter, Katrien, was, when asked.....

That can mean the following (without looking too deeply into it)

1. The dad obviously has a slight language barrier and mis-heard the question and name.

2. The dad felt a bit intimidated on the spot and was perhaps concerned. Having said that, there is equal reason to say, yes she is my daughter what the hell is the problem? Is there a problem?

3. He lied as it's just an everyday family trait.

4. He does not like his daughter so denies attachment.......I feel very wrong and out of order suggesting this as an option but to be honest, but it's possible.

5. He simply just wanted this English person to F off so denied the question.

6. He is fully aware of what is happening at Charlton and saw this coming from a mile away.

• Options

Depends what shoes you were wearing, Darling
  • Options

So just to sum up

CARD sent a baying strong mob 20 handed to go and burn down Meire's parents house

You forgot the word `elderly'.

• Options

So just to sum up

CARD sent a baying strong mob 20 handed to go and burn down Meire's parents house

You forgot the word `elderly'.

Ty , sorry will go back and edit
  • Options
    edited May 2016

My two bobs worth.
    An ill conceived idea imo.

1) Mr Miere will be aware how deeply unpopular his daughter is at Charlton. A strange Englishman turns up on his doorstep asking if his daughter lives there. He says no. Quick thinking on his part?
    2)And, what if he'd called the police?
    3) What if he'd argued?
    4) All the good work done by CARD could be undone if this is spun by Katriens legal team.
    5) Probably well intentioned but not thought through.

1) How - she probably tells him we sprinkle rose petals in front of her as she walks?
    2) He didn't.
    3) He didn't
    4) It hasn't been spun by Katriens Legal team (which probably consists of her in a blonde wig and a different pair of glasses), and it might do some harm to CARD until their lack of involvement is explained to the hugely sympathetic media.
    5) I quite agree.

• Options
    Redskin said:

cafcfan said:

Redskin said:

cafcfan said:

Redskin said:

@President

Not really. Not when you and others are going to continue banging on about the minutiae of an event that probably happened on the spur of the moment.
    What are you going to come out with next? "I put it to you Mr President that you are lying? This is not a court but it is certainly turning into some sort of pathetic witch-hunt.
    What's coming next to salve the consciousnesses? Burning The President at the stake perhaps?
    Talk about mountains and molehills.
    There are priorities here and the sensibilities of Meire Snr is not one of them.
    Yeah... As I said, that's plenty from you.
    You haven't quite got the hang of how internet fora work have you?
    It might have been a mistake for you to have responded to that advert in the classifieds for PL54's correspondence course in debating skills.
    So, I'll give you a hand. I make a point or two and you respond with a counter-argument. You don't run out of ideas and tell people to do one. It tends not to work.
    By the way, just out of interest, is your attempt at bullying and intimidatory treatment of me better or worse than visiting Mr Meire's house? Because I'm sniffing just a hint of hypocrisy here.
  • Options

cafcfan said:

Redskin said:

cafcfan said:

Redskin said:

@President

Not really. Not when you and others are going to continue banging on about the minutiae of an event that probably happened on the spur of the moment.
    What are you going to come out with next? "I put it to you Mr President that you are lying? This is not a court but it is certainly turning into some sort of pathetic witch-hunt.
    What's coming next to salve the consciousnesses? Burning The President at the stake perhaps?
    There are priorities here and the sensibilities of Meire Snr is not one of them.
    And what are your priorities ?

My priorities are neither here nor there. The priorities to which I referred are those of CARD and the other active protest groups.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    @Alwaysneil is gonna be pissed when he sees all these new comments..

(Edit: I see this has been sunk, probably for the best. Storm in a teacup, and it was getting far too "frothy-at-the-mouth" in places.)
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    cafcfan said:

Redskin said:

cafcfan said:

Redskin said:

cafcfan said:

Redskin said:

@President

Yeah... As I said, that's plenty from you.
    You haven't quite got the hang of how internet fora work have you?
    It might have been a mistake for you to have responded to that advert in the classifieds for PL54's correspondence course in debating skills.
    So, I'll give you a hand. I make a point or two and you respond with a counter-argument. You don't run out of ideas and tell people to do one. It tends not to work.
    By the way, just out of interest, is your attempt at bullying and intimidatory treatment of me better or worse than visiting Mr Meire's house? Because I'm sniffing just a hint of hypocrisy here.
    So you consider What's this now? The Spanish Inquisition? Who gives a shit? a 'counter - argument' do you?
    Or perhaps a simple picture of a woman's blouse?
    When asked what your priorities are, you suddenly become coy and trot out some platitude about CARD.
    You finally settle on victim mode by accusing me of bullying and intimidating not to mention a hint of hypocrisy.The irony...

I don't need to counter you arguments, you do it all for me.
    That's plenty from me, you carry on.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just when you think the thread is finished, up pops another pointless contribution.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Just when you think the thread is finished, up pops another pointless contribution.

I quite agree as I said to the man on the bus, it's shocking you would almost think that people like to make pointless contributions when they haven't really got anything really to say, you would almost think they had nothing better to do than to go online and witter on about all sorts of meaningless drivel, and the man said to me "I like pointless contributions me". I mean what can you do!.
  • Options

No response required here to @kings hill addick the answers to your questions are in this thread above.

Maybe I missed it, but I don't remember seeing it. Either way I don't see any reason as to why my questions shouldn't be answered, I, especially, don't see why I need your permission to ask a question?

On a slightly unrelated subject, I can see how this thread might have run it's course but I'm not sure it's your, personal, decision to make. There has been nothing too controversial on it and, frankly, if all the threads that became repetitive on Charlton Life were closed down we'd struggle to fill a whole page of active ones.

Just because you have nothing more to add doesn't, automatically, mean that no one else is allowed to!
  • Options
    You can't sink this thread before I've passed judgement!
  • Options
    Leuth said:

You can't sink this thread before I've passed judgement wind!

• Options
    So, what punishment/fine/custodial sentence/banning order did @The_President get ?
  • Options
    http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=117890&headline=Katrien Meire: Charlton fans have visited my family home to hand out protest leaflets&sectionIs=sport&searchyear=2016

Katrien Meire has broken her silence over the abuse levelled at her - with some Charlton fans travelling to her home town last month.

The Addicks chief executive has been the subject of heavy criticism from Addicks fans.

And we reported in the South London Press recently that a small group had travelled to Sint Truiden and claimed to have leafletted her family home as well as properties owned by Charlton chief Roland Duchatelet.

It is the second time that a party of protesters have gone to Belgium to try and make their message hit home.

Meire was speaking at a business conference in London today and made it clear she felt football authorities should show more support.

She said: “For the last couple of months, I’ve had extreme abuse, I’ve had criminal offences committed against myself, and I’m disappointed about governance in sport, that none of the governing bodies contacted me and stood up for the fact that things are not allowed, that’s one step too far.

“I also ask the governing bodies in this country, that sometimes some of the fans have crossed the line, very far, and this is just acceptable. It’s been reported by the media as it’s normal and it’s actually not, and the governing bodies have a responsibility to make people aware that that is not what sport is about.

“They forged my autograph (signature), they showed up, for example - it’s not a criminal offence - but at my parents’ house in Belgium. They rang, they gave papers, but it’s not that, it’s just in general... to ask if they know me, and they handed out papers to say how shitty I was, to my parents.

“To my parents, and they hang it up in my village.

“Yeah (I want to stay). The thing is, I know what they’re trying to do, to break me down, but what I’m most frustrated at is the perception. We’ve got the most affordable season tickets, we invest in our community, we invest in our academy.

“We spend £30m in less than two years of ownership. And yes, we got it wrong with the managers and the players, but that happens, that’s why clubs get relegated, that doesn’t mean that everything else is shit.

“It’s fine, but it’s things that shouldn’t happen, according to me.

“To make me resign as a director at company’s house [fraudulently removed as a director]. They were making fun of it on an online forum.

“Me and the owner. It’s fine, I even understand that it’s part of the role that I play, but I feel frustrated by the fact that media reports, all these kind of things - there is so much abusive language now at The Valley - and that’s not part of football. It’s in their interests to try not to have this time of behaviour because now mums with kids won’t come to the games. The chants that are going around, it’s not promoting the sport, and the governing bodies have an interest in trying to stop that.

“Just like when I started supporting football 15 years ago. Whenever there was a black player they would make noises. That has evolved, why can we not also educate fans towards respect of everybody in the game?

“I know it’s that passion that sometimes makes football so great, but…"
  • Options
    still think we went too far?
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

still think we went too far?

With all due respect if you feel justified in asking that there is little point in answering you and no point, at all, in explaining it to you.