Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chief Scout

Has anyone heard what Roly is doing about our supposed new chief scout? That is if we are getting one as it seems to be taking an awful long time for one to be employed or have we got to wait for one from the network to become available

Comments

• Options
    Isn't this Jackson's new role?
  • Options
  • Options
    We are already a long way behind other clubs in League 1 in searching for good players for that level, so who is identifying players at the moment?
  • Options
    Heading for League 2 I reckon.

Sad thing is, she'll still be smirking when we get there.
  • Options
    Our League One scouting will be Katrien Meire looking through the contacts on her mobile for agents so she can ask them who they've got (just like Roger Johnson's signing).
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Jimmy Krankie would have more idea
  • Options
    We've appointed Bear Grylls ...
  • Options

We are already a long way behind other clubs in League 1 in searching for good players for that level, so who is identifying players at the moment?

The spreadsheet boys!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He is looking for John Wayn, he thinks he was a scout.
  • Options
    At Bromley Addicks it was said that KM had stated that 4 British scouts had been interviewed the week before.
    One may have been Phil Chapple but no other names mentioned or timescales for appointment given.
  • Options
    Welly said:

He is looking for John Wayn, he thinks he was a scout.

'Get off your horse and drink your milk' :wink:
  • Options
    My sisters 4 year old granddaughter is called scout will she do?
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

My sisters 4 year old granddaughter is called scout will she do?

Why not, I'm sure she can work an iPad my grandson can!
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Ask Baden Powell, he may know

Baden Powell was sacked for refusing to allow Belgian Cub Scouts into his pack
  • Options
    Missed It said:

Our League One scouting will be Katrien Meire looking through the contacts on her mobile for agents so she can ask them who they've got (just like Roger Johnson's signing).

Believe it or not, johnsons signing was attributed to a request by Jackson - even if true - and I have doubts - must be rules to prevent leaking such embarrassing information?
  • Options
    Applications closed on March 12th. May 4th still no appointment announced.
  • Options

Given the time between Mels appointment and commencement I think an announcement by now is a tad optimistic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Plenty of time to fit a holiday in though!
  • Options
    Now on OS.
  • Options
    I suspect in the year Powell recruited all those players, most would have been identified by now. A scout should watch players play. Not much opportunity for that now.
  • Options
    redman said:

I suspect in the year Powell recruited all those players, most would have been identified by now. A scout should watch players play. Not much opportunity for that now.

Who needs to watch players actually play?
    We've got YouTube now.

Izale McLeod was terrific on his 'best of' video.
    And so was Ba.

• Options
    In line with next seasons budget Charlton Athletic are pleased to announce the appointment of a new chief scout, welcome to the team FIFA 16
  • Options

In line with next seasons budget Charlton Athletic are pleased to announce the appointment of a new chief scout, welcome to the team FIFA 16

I'm legitimately expecting Football Manager to be the key source for identifying players next season
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    It all seems so futile at the moment. The club is totally and utterly unprepared for the rebuild that needs to happen next summer.

We did okay under Parky and then well under Powell in that division because we spent what little money we had relatively wisely. There is hardly anyone at the club properly qualified to advise on who we should sign and anyone who comes into that role now will need time to assess the strengths and weaknesses of what remains of the current squad, once anyone saleable has left. Even if we appointed them now, they'd get just one competitive (in the loosest sense of the word) match in which to make some judgements.

They're either going to have to throw several cheque books at the problem and try and be a League 1 Galacticos, by signing players anyone will have heard of and expect to do well (unlikely they'll do this), or there will be a flurry of late signings, some out of desperation as we run out of transfer window in which to plugs the gaps in our squad.

Either way, not the way to get bang for your transfer buck in the quest to break even while competing on the pitch.

I reckon they'll manage to get enough in, plus the quality in our young players etc, to stay out of relegation trouble, but a lower mid-table finish would not surprise me at all. Bouncing straight back looks a pipe dream right now.

• Options
    Roland has six children so expect one of them to appear soon ... and anyway, who needs a scouting set-up when every player you need can be sourced from within the network?
  • Options

I've said this before its never gonna be the latest version of Fifa, far too expensive. We are currently on Fifa 12 RD managed to get pre-owned from a dodgy guy he knows.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

I've said this before its never gonna be the latest version of Fifa, far too expensive. We are currently on Fifa 12 RD managed to get pre-owned from a dodgy guy he knows.
    Would explain why he thinks league one is our level.