Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

SLP: CARD will NOT seek to get Burnley game abandoned

Comments

• edited May 2016
    Mametz said:

Getting items into the ground is going to be more difficult this Saturday than other times.

The early kick off will mean people will arrive at the Valley much closer to kick off time leaving less time to organise and distribute things.

It seems that it is going to be warm so people will be wearing less meaning less places to hide things.

I think that the amount of searches are going to stepped up.

That's why you need a distraction.

Rag n bone! Any old iron!

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/72864/bring-leave-day-7-5-15#latest
  • braydex said:

How very Charlton. How very predictable. All the while we are the 'family club'. All the while we are polite, mature, sensible supporters, the longer we will be stuck with this lot. The day We say 'fuck it' and spoil the last day of the season, the day we get the game abandoned, the day the club incurs a massive fine and the game has to be replayed or we get points deducted next season, the day we make hard to read headlines around the country making people realise how serious we are and make the FA uncomfortable with questions that need answering......that'll be the day the penny drops.

Still, I'm sure we can all turn out for Burnley, get behind them, and all have a great day, giving them a well deserved round of applause for winning promotion, a bit like we did last season with Bournemouth. We are such nice fans aren't we.

Go ahead then if you're serious and not all keyboard.
    Get the game abandoned, I can think of a few ways to do it, so I'm sure you can too.
  • edited May 2016
    rikofold said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

What it all boils down to is do you think abandon or postpone will be more effective getting them to leave.

Card can't call for abandonment and i agree and respect that. I even said to them let others do the stuff you can't keep the moral high ground!

But most will agree it won't stop others (not me) to try and get the game abandoned.

I think these paragraphs are quite revealing about your mindset. A campaign isn't about whether one thing is going to get him out, and if it doesn't work try something else. It's about building pressure, momentum, etc, over a period of time. This is a long game.

The key concern is whether actions taken set the campaign back, which is why CARD is so reticent regarding an abandonment. The last day of the season when there's still stuff to play for - and we're in the middle of that - is not the time to go abandoning games, because it will lose the campaign the external goodwill it's taken months to develop.

And frankly speaking, what CARD is doing has been the product of a group of highly intelligent and incredibly well connected folk, many carrying the scars of previous battles.

That's not to say that no one shouldn't pick up the things CARD couldn't touch, but at the forefront of the planning should be the consideration of whether the action will further the campaign or whether it risks damaging it.

For me, delaying the game is one thing. Getting it abandoned will cause us all immense damage. Choose another game.
    These paragraphs also reveal, that he keeps harping on about abandoning the game, but says he won't be doing it himself.
    CFC4L1f3. Just keep scthum & do what you want to do & arrange it privately.
  • rikofold said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

What it all boils down to is do you think abandon or postpone will be more effective getting them to leave.

Card can't call for abandonment and i agree and respect that. I even said to them let others do the stuff you can't keep the moral high ground!

But most will agree it won't stop others (not me) to try and get the game abandoned.

I think these paragraphs are quite revealing about your mindset. A campaign isn't about whether one thing is going to get him out, and if it doesn't work try something else. It's about building pressure, momentum, etc, over a period of time. This is a long game.

The key concern is whether actions taken set the campaign back, which is why CARD is so reticent regarding an abandonment. The last day of the season when there's still stuff to play for - and we're in the middle of that - is not the time to go abandoning games, because it will lose the campaign the external goodwill it's taken months to develop.

And frankly speaking, what CARD is doing has been the product of a group of highly intelligent and incredibly well connected folk, many carrying the scars of previous battles.

That's not to say that no one shouldn't pick up the things CARD couldn't touch, but at the forefront of the planning should be the consideration of whether the action will further the campaign or whether it risks damaging it.

For me, delaying the game is one thing. Getting it abandoned will cause us all immense damage. Choose another game.
    Rick,

Is there any info you have that supports the abandonment would be damaging to the cause? I'm not being a smart arse or whatever but people keep saying this without any evidence.

It didn't backfire on Blackpool? also look at them now the media dont care! i fear this will happen to charlton's protests next season. And i know the regime is banking on that.
  • At the end of the day, we all want a new and better owner, that is the ultimate goal. And while we want RD to sell up, there's got to be someone wanting to buy the club from him and invest in it.

If there is a big riot or mass pitch invasion that causes the game to be abandoned, with shots in the press of "disgraceful hooligan scenes", as it will be described, will that increase our chance of attracting a new owner or not?

• C4FC4L1f3 said:

rikofold said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Rick,

Is there any info you have that supports the abandonment would be damaging to the cause? I'm not being a smart arse or whatever but people keep saying this without any evidence.

It didn't backfire on Blackpool? also look at them now the media dont care! i fear this will happen to charlton's protests next season. And i know the regime is banking on that.
    It's called common sense. It will affect who wins the title & Burnley fans are quite likely to kick off as well, which could lead to who knows what.
  • edited May 2016

C4FC4L1f3 said:

rikofold said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Rick,

It's called common sense. It will affect who wins the title & Burnley fans are quite likely to kick off as well, which could lead to who knows what.
    What if it was abandoned before it was started?

Let's say for the sake of argument the whole team fell ill and we couldn't field a team? They would abandon the game right.

Everyone is presuming abandonment means violence/ pitch invasion.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

rikofold said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Rick,

lol.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

rikofold said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Rick,

How about the (ridiculous) survey that you ran last week asking the fans what they wanted which conclusively showed the majority didn't support an abandonment ? Conveniently forgotten ?
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

rikofold said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Rick,

How about the (ridiculous) survey that you ran last week asking the fans what they wanted which conclusively showed the majority didn't support an abandonment ? Conveniently forgotten ?
    It hasn't been forgotten at all - i have already said that people were planing to get the game abandoned but have since decided not to because of that survey.

All this talk is just theoretical and pointless i guess, because again as i have said there is no plans that i know of to get the game abandoned.

It is just interesting to see the divide in opinion, and this is a discussion forum, it should be open for all views not just biased majority mob rule.

I remember when i attended Woolwich and people were laughing at me saying Roland is god.

But to be successful we have to keep questioning even ourselves - and if that takes one knob to be devils advocate then so be it.

There are still those who think Roland is good for the club - but if they share that view here i dread to think the abuse they would get. and to be fair that's not.. well fair.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

rikofold said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Rick,

Let's say for the sake of argument the whole team fell ill and we couldn't field a team? They would abandon the game right.

We know the abandonment won't come from the club side, so that's ruled out. We know the security in the build-up to the game will be intense, so pre-match sabotage unlikely? Which leaves a pitch invasion - and almost inevitably with heavy stewarding that will mean some trouble - as the only likely scenario unless you can suggest another?
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

rikofold said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Rick,

A game cannot be abandoned before it has started. If a game does not start then it would be postponed.

It's been made very clear to you and everyone. The majority of fans feel that the game should finish FOR THE GOOD OF OUR PROTEST MOVEMENT.

I'm starting to feel like northstandsteve's tits.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

se9addick said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

rikofold said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Rick,

It hasn't been forgotten at all - i have already said that people were planing to get the game abandoned but have since decided not to because of that survey.

All this talk is just theoretical and pointless i guess, because again as i have said there is no plans that i know of to get the game abandoned.

It is just interesting to see the divide in opinion, and this is a discussion forum, it should be open for all views not just biased majority mob rule.

I remember when i attended Woolwich and people were laughing at me saying Roland is god.

But to be successful we have to keep questioning even ourselves - and if that takes one knob to be devils advocate then so be it.

There are still those who think Roland is good for the club - but if they share that view here i dread to think the abuse they would get. and to be fair that's not.. well fair.
    Right, ok.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

se9addick said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

rikofold said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Rick,

All this talk is just theoretical and pointless i guess.
    We all agree with you on this point !
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

se9addick said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

rikofold said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Rick,

Yet you guys keep rising to it.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

se9addick said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

rikofold said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Rick,

If so it begs the question why are you trying to just get a rise out of your fellow fans? I thought we were all in this together?

Look I respect what you have done for the protests so far, but every further comment you make it sounds as if you just are crying out for attention and you are going to lose respect quickly. As people have already said, do what you are doing but stop spouting off about it trying to be a hero.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

se9addick said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

rikofold said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Rick,

If so it begs the question why are you trying to just get a rise out of your fellow fans? I thought we were all in this together?

Look I respect what you have done for the protests so far, but every further comment you make it sounds as if you just are crying out for attention and you are going to lose respect quickly. As people have already said, do what you are doing but stop spouting off about it trying to be a hero.
    I think he's already lost most of it. What a pity.
  • Sponsored links:

• It has been a pleasure :)

Over and out!
  • How apt is step one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cxuFgdmA14

I just hope overnight security at The Valley is up to scratch.
  • Where's the nearest home deepoh? Removing the old sod is certainly worth doing.
  • braydex said:

How very Charlton. How very predictable. All the while we are the 'family club'. All the while we are polite, mature, sensible supporters, the longer we will be stuck with this lot. The day We say 'fuck it' and spoil the last day of the season, the day we get the game abandoned, the day the club incurs a massive fine and the game has to be replayed or we get points deducted next season, the day we make hard to read headlines around the country making people realise how serious we are and make the FA uncomfortable with questions that need answering......that'll be the day the penny drops.

Still, I'm sure we can all turn out for Burnley, get behind them, and all have a great day, giving them a well deserved round of applause for winning promotion, a bit like we did last season with Bournemouth. We are such nice fans aren't we.

Get the game abandoned, I can think of a few ways to do it, so I'm sure you can too.
    Unfortunately, like a lot of other fans I would imagine, i stopped going to games a long time ago and have repeated my views many times on here that only a total boycott would drive the owners out, which I still believe to be the case. All the while there are still thousands who will buy season tickets, nothing will change. All the while there are those that can still muster the enthusiasm to attend games and conduct their civil, polite and respectful protests, nothing will change.

If I genuinely believed for one moment that fans would be united in saying enough is enough, and were going to carry out a loud, brave, wholly inconvenient, thought provoking and effective protest, I would happily stand alongside them. But it will never happen and deep down we all know it. And that is why, we will remain in League 1 for a long time, if not League 2.

And still there will be those Charlton fans who renew their season ticket regardless. Who will attend games in a silent stadium with only fond memories to keep them warm.

I'm not condoning violent protests, but there does come a time when people realise that the owners couldn't give a shit about the protests before and afte the game. They couldn't give a shit about the football being played, they couldnt give a shit about the fans, about our league position, about the history of the club, about the future of the club. They will carry on regardless and when they are not put under serious pressure to change, they wont.

The only difference is that some have already realised that and others haven't.

Burnley are promoted regardless of the score or outcome of the game on saturday. So whilst I have nothing against the team or their fans, I couldn't care less if they finish top or second. Getting the game abandonded would inflict huge embarrasment on the club. It would do more for the 'RD/KM Out' campaign than any ball throwing will.

So I will stick to my theory for now that a total boycott is the only way forward in the absence of any effective protests.
  • braydex said:

braydex said:

Getting the game abandonded would inflict huge embarrasment on the club. It would do more for the 'RD/KM Out' campaign than any ball throwing will.
    And how do you propose to do that? By sitting at home on your arse boycotting?

• C4FC4L1f3 said:

rikofold said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Rick,

You need to explain what you mean by this. Are you saying that getting a game abandoned worked for Blackpool?

Let's be honest, we're all guessing to a large extent here. No-one knows what, if anything, will cause RD to sell. I can't give you proof that getting a game abandoned will harm the protests. It's just a feeling.
  • braydex said:

braydex said:

Unfortunately, like a lot of other fans I would imagine, i stopped going to games a long time ago and have repeated my views many times on here that only a total boycott would drive the owners out, which I still believe to be the case. All the while there are still thousands who will buy season tickets, nothing will change. All the while there are those that can still muster the enthusiasm to attend games and conduct their civil, polite and respectful protests, nothing will change.

If I genuinely believed for one moment that fans would be united in saying enough is enough, and were going to carry out a loud, brave, wholly inconvenient, thought provoking and effective protest, I would happily stand alongside them. But it will never happen and deep down we all know it. And that is why, we will remain in League 1 for a long time, if not League 2.

And still there will be those Charlton fans who renew their season ticket regardless. Who will attend games in a silent stadium with only fond memories to keep them warm.

I'm not condoning violent protests, but there does come a time when people realise that the owners couldn't give a shit about the protests before and afte the game. They couldn't give a shit about the football being played, they couldnt give a shit about the fans, about our league position, about the history of the club, about the future of the club. They will carry on regardless and when they are not put under serious pressure to change, they wont.

Burnley are promoted regardless of the score or outcome of the game on saturday. So whilst I have nothing against the team or their fans, I couldn't care less if they finish top or second. Getting the game abandonded would inflict huge embarrasment on the club. It would do more for the 'RD/KM Out' campaign than any ball throwing will.

So I will stick to my theory for now that a total boycott is the only way forward in the absence of any effective protests.
    So get the game abandoned then. Do something. Like I say, you could get the game abandoned without having to be in the stadium. Criticising those that "do" something, whilst doing nothing yourself. Priceless.
  • Addickted said:

braydex said:

braydex said:

Getting the game abandonded would inflict huge embarrasment on the club. It would do more for the 'RD/KM Out' campaign than any ball throwing will.
    And how do you propose to do that? By sitting at home on your arse boycotting?

I think the content of my post was clear.
  • braydex said:

braydex said:

So get the game abandoned then. Do something. Like I say, you could get the game abandoned without having to be in the stadium. Criticising those that "do" something, whilst doing nothing yourself. Priceless.
    Well think about this way. If everyone copied me and did 'nothing'. Do you think the owners may look around an empty stadium and think....this isn't working? I do. Whilst they look around and continue to see the deluded few dressed up in black and white scarves lobbing beach balls on to the pitch - I dont think they'll be worried.