Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

SLP: CARD will NOT seek to get Burnley game abandoned

Comments

• edited May 2016

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

boggzy said:

That's if the angry can mobilise themselves. They know CARD are out, so the ball really is in their court now.

Mass disruption at this or any game won't make Roland sell, but a damp squib after all that they've done to destroy the club will certainly underline to the regime that they bought the right club.

And that the Protesting has already hit its peak and is now on the wane.
    Yes if Roland doesn't sell this summer he will only sell when he is bored.

There are Legal ways to heighten the bar! but they options are never put on the table, and are dismissed due to reputation and what the fans think etc...

The protest is about getting the club back not appeasing everyone!

Police happy - Check
    Supporters happy - Check
    Club happy - Check
    CARD happy - Check
    CAST happy - Check
    Rolland out - Uncheck!

Ah well does it matter we have pleased the rest!

Got another pitch invasion planned then?
    No! have you? or you just goanna stick with the free "like" and "lol" brigade?
    I really admire your spirit C4FC, I admire your passion, and I admire the efforts you have made in taking the fight to Roland's back yard. I thank from afar for doing it on behalf of us who are not able to. A very sizable majority also want to see the back of this man, I find it frustrating that some of those that feel this way are still buying season tickets, I don't find it frustrating that they are not prepared to break the law.

If what has occurred so far has not (apparently - we shall see...) driven RD to sell, why do you think anything other than a physical assault upon his person (which is not possible, as he is hiding a sea away) will? Why would he care if a match was abandoned, if he had to pay a paltry fine, or if the club were deducted points at the start of next season? He cares not a jot for Charlton Athletic, and any fine would be paid by the interest the club pays Starprix or whoever it is. If you can seriously explain to me why you think that would move him any more than public ridicule and personal hatred does, I am prepared to listen.

Actually, I don't even think assault, arson or a dirty protest would make him any more, or less likely, to sell up than what is going on at the moment.

We have the TV on our side, we have the papers on our side, we have social media on our side, we have bloggers and online sports websites on our side, we have supporters of other clubs on our side. Why jeopardise all that good will and support - which is absolutely vital in maintaining this campaign - by screwing up Burnley and the rest of football for an afternoon?
    What I would say is i'm part of the group of people that are closest to Roland and Katrien, we know them. and we have so many contacts etc..

I'm not prepared to discuss things on the open forum, but if anyone gets them to sell It will be the aforementioned group.

If you PM me I can give you more information.
    an example:

Katrien Sitting Laughing a the scenes at the valley

Katrien Furious that Charlton Fans have knocked on her Fathers door and handed him leaflets and posters with her as Pinocchio!

What would force you to leave?

It is the same for Roland! 24 hours after returning to his flat he released "the Statement"

I'm not Saying CARDs protests are totally useless - but I don't believe it will get him to sell.

**EDIT Addition**

I do however think CARDS protest will bring him to the table to discuss things, which they have refused to do.
    Serious question @C4FC4L1f3 - are you saying that you are only going to take part in the Belgium based protests now? We met at the small protest when Roland was spotted in Charlton (8 of us I think :smiley: ) and I thought you seemed keen on that sort of protest - if so, what has changed your mind?
    No I will do whatever I can to help (this includes helping card! Just last week I reached out to them, to bridge the gap between the Belgian group and them)

This isn't us vs them vs them - it is supporters vs Rolland.

I'm not against CARD at all and they know that - but I cant agree with things that I don't agree with and I'm entitled to my opinion biased on the information presented.

At the moment there is the Belgian group who are in constant communication - we are doing our thing and CARD do there's - we also communicate to each other - we also knew they would release the statement, and we agreed that it was the correct thing for CARD to do.

I'm also involved with lots of things that are planned at the valley for this weekend - but a few of us are on a wanted list and we have also been told to keep away from he valley - this makes things hard but not impossible!

We have also learnt that it is best to not publish our plans because of the pitch invasion fiasco! but the reaction I got (and continue to get) from those on here and other forums etc... has discouraged people as they are of the opinion that the bulk of Charlton Fans don't want anything more that CARD are doing.

A number of us will stop protesting after this match due to personal reasons, and that's a shame, as there is no one to replace them.

We hope that CARD's Actions work but what if they don't?
    Thanks for that @C4FC4L1f3, I had sort of got the impression that there was now a split into 2 groups protest wise. I'd actually assumed that CARD were part of the original 'Belgium 20' protest. It's possibly confusing as the protest fund (I think?) funded the banner. But I am easily confused!
    There is a split and it should stay that way cause card shouldn't be tarred with our dirty brush.
    There was a card member present at the first Belgium stint and he was supposed to be at the second but was needed in se7. He wasn't representing card though I don't think?

If it is a card protest you will know it ;)

As for the fund it is not a card fund it is seperate they have to apply for cash the same as we do.

Just to clarify points :)
  • edited May 2016

C4FC4L1f3 said:

se9addick said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

boggzy said:

That's if the angry can mobilise themselves. They know CARD are out, so the ball really is in their court now.

Mass disruption at this or any game won't make Roland sell, but a damp squib after all that they've done to destroy the club will certainly underline to the regime that they bought the right club.

There are Legal ways to heighten the bar! but they options are never put on the table, and are dismissed due to reputation and what the fans think etc...

Police happy - Check
    Supporters happy - Check
    Club happy - Check
    CARD happy - Check
    CAST happy - Check
    Rolland out - Uncheck!

Got another pitch invasion planned then?
    No! have you? or you just goanna stick with the free "like" and "lol" brigade?
    I really admire your spirit C4FC, I admire your passion, and I admire the efforts you have made in taking the fight to Roland's back yard. I thank from afar for doing it on behalf of us who are not able to. A very sizable majority also want to see the back of this man, I find it frustrating that some of those that feel this way are still buying season tickets, I don't find it frustrating that they are not prepared to break the law.

If what has occurred so far has not (apparently - we shall see...) driven RD to sell, why do you think anything other than a physical assault upon his person (which is not possible, as he is hiding a sea away) will? Why would he care if a match was abandoned, if he had to pay a paltry fine, or if the club were deducted points at the start of next season? He cares not a jot for Charlton Athletic, and any fine would be paid by the interest the club pays Starprix or whoever it is. If you can seriously explain to me why you think that would move him any more than public ridicule and personal hatred does, I am prepared to listen.

Actually, I don't even think assault, arson or a dirty protest would make him any more, or less likely, to sell up than what is going on at the moment.

We have the TV on our side, we have the papers on our side, we have social media on our side, we have bloggers and online sports websites on our side, we have supporters of other clubs on our side. Why jeopardise all that good will and support - which is absolutely vital in maintaining this campaign - by screwing up Burnley and the rest of football for an afternoon?
    What I would say is i'm part of the group of people that are closest to Roland and Katrien, we know them. and we have so many contacts etc..

I'm not prepared to discuss things on the open forum, but if anyone gets them to sell It will be the aforementioned group.

If you PM me I can give you more information.
    an example:

Katrien Sitting Laughing a the scenes at the valley

Katrien Furious that Charlton Fans have knocked on her Fathers door and handed him leaflets and posters with her as Pinocchio!

What would force you to leave?

It is the same for Roland! 24 hours after returning to his flat he released "the Statement"

I'm not Saying CARDs protests are totally useless - but I don't believe it will get him to sell.

**EDIT Addition**

I do however think CARDS protest will bring him to the table to discuss things, which they have refused to do.
    Well I'm not sure that either would "force" them to leave. However the stated aim from CARD I thought was to make the club unmanageable. Perpetual protest at the Valley, with all the associated additional security expense and pressure from the FA/FL that comes with it does more for that aim than going round the CEO's dads house with a couple of leaflets.

Either way Roland is the prize and he stared down the Standard Ultras who stormed his office and faced him man to man, I don't think he'll be "forced to sell" by people coming round when he isn't there and putting up some stickers and posters and then leaving before he gets back.
    Again that bollocks!

Firstly that wasn't Ultras! they were just normal fans that were walking past and confronted him on the fly - they even admitted that they messed it up due to the surprise of it all they weren't prepared what to say.

Second it wasn't the stickers and posters he wasn't happy about - it was all his neighbour's complaining about them being targeted. he also stated on the conference call to the valley that if this continued he would have to think about selling in the summer!

So you are talking about stuff you know nothing about! sorry but this then becomes FACT on here and it is just bollocks.

He was forced to sell Standard when things got personal!
    No he wasn't.

There was something like a three year gap between Standard fans invading his boardroom and him selling.

And as I've said before it would be better if you boasted about the effectiveness of your protests after they have happened not before.

The aim is the same, the methods are different but there is no magic bullet or knock out punch to drive KM or RD out. If there was fans would already have used it.

Fans have to keep chipping away, publicly showing them up for the incompetents they are and make the club unmanageable. They will go eventually but it could take years and years to wear them down.

Far too early to claim ultimate victory for any of the protests yet even when many, including the Belgium trips, have been successful in their aims
    I wasn't referring to the board room incident. You and I both know what level of personal I'm talking about :)

I'm also not boasting at all! all I'm saying is I think the card protests aren't as effective as others. I'm entitled to that opinion albeit probably biased!
  • LuckyReds said:

markmc68 said:

So we really want to behave like the Neanderthals from down the road ?

As you openly point out in your follow up post, the "neanderthals from down the road" invaded a pitch and slapped an opposition player when they were running high in the play-off positions. That you seem to be under the illusion that they'd be as restrained as we have - when we've been relegated with hardly a wimper, and are being actively ran in to the ground - is quite clearly not true.

This is always trotted out but what protests did they make last season when they went down?

No, their owner isn't as bad as Roland but there was a lot of unhappiness about the state of their club from their fans but they were, if anything, more restrained than us.

There image is one thing and invading the pitch and slapping an oppo player another but neither measure up to the sustained, varied campaign by Charlton fans so far. Our protests have drawn near universal approval.
    As bad as their reputation can be, they have done nothing in the way of protests despite being extremely pissed off with relegation and the potential annexation of the land around the Den.

It's a myth that they would just storm their way through the club and scare off all-comers. We have been far more effective than they could ever be.
  • LuckyReds said:

markmc68 said:

As you openly point out in your follow up post, the "neanderthals from down the road" invaded a pitch and slapped an opposition player when they were running high in the play-off positions. That you seem to be under the illusion that they'd be as restrained as we have - when we've been relegated with hardly a wimper, and are being actively ran in to the ground - is quite clearly not true.

This is always trotted out but what protests did they make last season when they went down?

No, their owner isn't as bad as Roland but there was a lot of unhappiness about the state of their club from their fans but they were, if anything, more restrained than us.

There image is one thing and invading the pitch and slapping an oppo player another but neither measure up to the sustained, varied campaign by Charlton fans so far. Our protests have drawn near universal approval.
    I agree with this, however 'universal approval' hasnt made RD budge an inch, has it?
  • What seems to be forgotten is that Duchatalet hasn't released his control of Standard - he still has a financial interest in the Club, or certainly until the current 'owner' comes up with the readies to close the purchase.

The pressure at home is on Meire, the pressure in Belgium is on Duchatalet. And we need to continue putting that pressure on both, because one thing for sure, is that neither of them are enjoying it.

YBTWC

• Sponsored links:

• What it all boils down to is do you think abandon or postpone will be more effective getting them to leave.

Card can't call for abandonment and i agree and respect that. I even said to them let others do the stuff you can't keep the moral high ground!

But most will agree it won't stop others (not me) to try and get the game abandoned.

I think secretly card will be watching in anticipation

Nothing will happen though - the threat is enough damage though I guess ;)

All I would say to fellow supporters that will be at the game. if you feel that action is warranted and want to join in do it! If you don't then don't get involved. But then I have said the same to people taking part in card protests.

Enjoy the match regardless :)
  • edited May 2016
    Just out of interest what would people think if somebody decided to find Katrien on her way to the valley or even saw her in the street and threw a couple of rotten eggs at her? Would that be over stepping the mark?

Not planning to just meant to be writing an essay hence the day dreaming...
  • LuckyReds said:

markmc68 said:

I agree with this, however 'universal approval' hasnt made RD budge an inch, has it?
    Not from what we can see although if he did meet with Paul Elliot then that is something (I know KM has denied this but what is her word worth)

• Just out of interest what would people think if somebody decided to find Katrien on her way to the valley or even saw her in the street and threw a couple of rotten eggs at her? Would that be over stepping the mark?

Serenade her with the theme tune from "Minder" as she walks down Ransom Walk around 10/10:30 this saturday
  • Just out of interest what would people think if somebody decided to find Katrien on her way to the valley or even saw her in the street and threw a couple of rotten eggs at her? Would that be over stepping the mark?

If you change your mind mate , i know her movements, what route she takes, and also what cutting questions you can ask her that will put the shits up her - PM me.
    Thats just in case i miss her , of course.
  • Agree with this we have managed via CARD to generate a lot of goodwill in the general football community and so any action that gets the game on Saturday abandoned IMO will be counterproductive.
  • CARD have played a fairly good game so far and they have lifted the profile of the protests into the national press whilst staying, mostly, within the law and using humour as a weapon. The trouble is that with the end of the season the pressure will lift off Roland and the regime: if they can get through Saturday without further damage to their reputations as stewards of our club they will be happy. Next season, with smaller crowds, the demos are likely to be smaller and easier to police and control. I do worry that we may have already passed the high water mark of the protests. CARD have said that they are not seeking abandonment of the game and have given their reasons; I respect that. I do hope that they do have enough of something else to make a real impact and end the season with enough of a bang to send us into the summer with some sense of satisfaction and encouragement to continue the battle next season.

Sympathy from other club's supporters is all well and good and Burnley will be pleased that the game will finish however sympathy and gratitude from them isn't going to rid us of our problem. In order to shift Roland he has to be hurt in some way and that may involve temporarily hurting Charlton in some way and inconveniencing other clubs at times.
  • mogodon said:

For anyone to suggest CARD has not been effective is simply wrong. The amount of publicity has been superb and it is clear the organisation has often left the club chasing shadows. Yes, other protests have worked as well, but it is not a case of one or the other. CARD has won admiration from outside the club and a shedload of media attention.

An abandonment would lose a lot of that goodwill, hence CARD's sensible statement. There is a lot of disruption that can take place, and a lot of embarrassment for the regime, without violence, abuse etc etc.

I dont think anyone is suggesting that CARD has not been 'effective' nor have any of the protests (whether CARD or otherwise) had an ounce of violence or abuse - however, CARD seems to have assembled itself as the de-facto mouthpiece for ALL fans - and it clearly isnt. There are some people who believe it could/should be done slightly differently and dont want to be tarred by the same CARD brush. These should also be listened to - and not dismissed as being arrogant or trying to stir the applecart - or tainted as being renegade or boastful.
    I keep coming back to it, but all these protests, and still, RD and KM have not moved a bit, however, of what i see and hear (and of course there is an element of bias in saying this) , we get more 'noise' from the Belgian protests (but then again, i'm not intimately involved with the CARD planning nor protests ).

Again, there is no anti-CARD.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2016
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

boggzy said:

Police happy - Check
    Supporters happy - Check
    Club happy - Check
    CARD happy - Check
    CAST happy - Check
    Rolland out - Uncheck!

So tell me, what exactly can we do to ensure that Roland will sell after this game? Because I'm sure if you put it out there, enough fans would ignore the CARD statement and do it and ensure it happens.

The fact is, this game is not the be all and end all, these protests are going to have to continue through the summer, into next season, and beyond. There is no quick fix in my opinion, so what is the point in potentially wrecking the title race for others? Personally I'd prefer to see peaceful demonstrations that don't affect the game itself in any way, and have the fans cheering on the team in the hope we can beat Burnley, and give Brighton a chance at winning the title.

I'm really pleased that CARD has taken this position, though not surprised, because there are some class acts behind this outfit.
  • There is no debate here! the two main protest groups (sorry if i have missed others) are CARD and the so called Belgian 20.

As i have said anything to be discussed has been discussed! we are not on the same page put that doesn't mean we aren't working together.

They do their thing and we do ours! I think you need both groups to make these protests work, but i do believe the protests the Belgian 20 have done have had more bang for there buck.

I see it a healthy competition!

I also think we should be more public with the erm Public :) Understand the protests should be kept secret. but some of the stuff that has happened in the background should be shouted from the roof tops.

Not everyone agrees but as I'm not a member of any organization i can say what i want ;) i will however only reveal information that is mine to reveal - i.e info that has been entrusted to me with consent to share or things that i have done or been part of.

After this season I'm out anyway so you lot wont need to sit and listen to my bollocks :smiley:

• dear o dear o dear !!---- o dear.

overall a huge well done to CARD. Some of the effort and organisation is first class--fact !!!mind you one or two bits have made me cringe a tad.

But its this moral high ground twaddle that i just cant be arsed about --- they aint going !!!! we are going-- thats down of course----but as long as "we" have the holly grail of the moral high ground we are winning !!!! what fecking planet does that come from ? it isnt earth !!

They are playing the xenophobia and sexism card for all its worth its their DEFENSIVE shield cant you see this ?? they know we wont go beyond a certain point --- we keep telling them about the "moral high ground " we are telling them we wont get the game abandoned---yes i know there are other paths--but they should FEAR what we will do next.

Im not saying The Puppet should be a target for a clump but her minders and Tony the Pony-- why not? only doing their jobs--hard fucking luck.

If a few get on the pitch will CARD just watch from the moral high ground while they get dragged off and nicked ?

They want to REPLACE us by a new target fan base--a younger fan base--it wont work of course but thats their "magic cult plan".

Dont dismiss violence sometimes it IS the answer

• edited May 2016
    Thank you Goonerhater - at last someone who can look beyond CARD.

And all those people who think its 'not fair' on Burnley or any other team - do me a favour and just eff off and support another team.A bigger load of bollox i have not heard before, and can only come from a Charlton fan- you personally deserve RD for the rest of your supporting life.
  • dear o dear o dear !!---- o dear.

overall a huge well done to CARD. Some of the effort and organisation is first class--fact !!!mind you one or two bits have made me cringe a tad.

But its this moral high ground twaddle that i just cant be arsed about --- they aint going !!!! we are going-- thats down of course----but as long as "we" have the holly grail of the moral high ground we are winning !!!! what fecking planet does that come from ? it isnt earth !!

They are playing the xenophobia and sexism card for all its worth its their DEFENSIVE shield cant you see this ?? they know we wont go beyond a certain point --- we keep telling them about the "moral high ground " we are telling them we wont get the game abandoned---yes i know there are other paths--but they should FEAR what we will do next.

Im not saying The Puppet should be a target for a clump but her minders and Tony the Pony-- why not? only doing their jobs--hard fucking luck.

If a few get on the pitch will CARD just watch from the moral high ground while they get dragged off and nicked ?

They want to REPLACE us by a new target fan base--a younger fan base--it wont work of course but thats their "magic cult plan".

Dont dismiss violence sometimes it IS the answer

This proves my point really.

Last week i told CARD if another group that was willing to step up but stay withing the laws wasn't created then people would turn to violence etc.. which is not needed at this stage.

We had a peaceful way to have the game abandoned but as the supporters dont want the game abandoned it was scrapped. instead some idiots will take over and do something daft because they will feel card have "bottled" it.

It is about controlling the protest and moving forward in a constructive way.
  • markmc68 said:

Lets not get all "We're better and more civilised than millwall", its so boring. They are managed by a club legend and in the play offs. It's a fair bet they would have upped the ante by now if they were in the same situation as us but were they to achieve the objective of removing the owner I think most people would be happy.
  • What did CARD have planned to get the game abandoned! that's what i want to know ;)
  • I was quite concerned that serious disruption would backfire on us. I am glad CARD has taken the right decision.