Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SLP: CARD will NOT seek to get Burnley game abandoned

Comments

• Options
    So we really want to behave like the Neanderthals from down the road ?
  • Options
    Do
  • Options
    I did try to link an article from their game at the weekend against Oldham when a knuckle dragger had allegedly slapped an Oldham player whilst there was a pitch invasion.
  • Options
    Yes I'm sure acting like Millwall and slapping players is what people had in mind when they say they want to take to take some action at this game. *sigh*
  • Options
    Unless there is a real need for secrecy, it would be nice to know in advance what is being planned so that we can make arrangements.
  • Options

Unless there is a real need for secrecy, it would be nice to know in advance what is being planned so that we can make arrangements.

No problem there is only one criteria for early information handlers!

1. Are you happy to be killed once you have the information?
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

boggzy said:

That's if the angry can mobilise themselves. They know CARD are out, so the ball really is in their court now.

Mass disruption at this or any game won't make Roland sell, but a damp squib after all that they've done to destroy the club will certainly underline to the regime that they bought the right club.

And that the Protesting has already hit its peak and is now on the wane.
    Yes if Roland doesn't sell this summer he will only sell when he is bored.

There are Legal ways to heighten the bar! but they options are never put on the table, and are dismissed due to reputation and what the fans think etc...

The protest is about getting the club back not appeasing everyone!

Police happy - Check
    Supporters happy - Check
    Club happy - Check
    CARD happy - Check
    CAST happy - Check
    Rolland out - Uncheck!

Ah well does it matter we have pleased the rest!

Got another pitch invasion planned then?
    No! have you? or you just goanna stick with the free "like" and "lol" brigade?
    I really admire your spirit C4FC, I admire your passion, and I admire the efforts you have made in taking the fight to Roland's back yard. I thank from afar for doing it on behalf of us who are not able to. A very sizable majority also want to see the back of this man, I find it frustrating that some of those that feel this way are still buying season tickets, I don't find it frustrating that they are not prepared to break the law.

If what has occurred so far has not (apparently - we shall see...) driven RD to sell, why do you think anything other than a physical assault upon his person (which is not possible, as he is hiding a sea away) will? Why would he care if a match was abandoned, if he had to pay a paltry fine, or if the club were deducted points at the start of next season? He cares not a jot for Charlton Athletic, and any fine would be paid by the interest the club pays Starprix or whoever it is. If you can seriously explain to me why you think that would move him any more than public ridicule and personal hatred does, I am prepared to listen.

Actually, I don't even think assault, arson or a dirty protest would make him any more, or less likely, to sell up than what is going on at the moment.

We have the TV on our side, we have the papers on our side, we have social media on our side, we have bloggers and online sports websites on our side, we have supporters of other clubs on our side. Why jeopardise all that good will and support - which is absolutely vital in maintaining this campaign - by screwing up Burnley and the rest of football for an afternoon?
    What I would say is i'm part of the group of people that are closest to Roland and Katrien, we know them. and we have so many contacts etc..

I'm not prepared to discuss things on the open forum, but if anyone gets them to sell It will be the aforementioned group.

If you PM me I can give you more information.
    an example:

Katrien Sitting Laughing a the scenes at the valley

Katrien Furious that Charlton Fans have knocked on her Fathers door and handed him leaflets and posters with her as Pinocchio!

What would force you to leave?

It is the same for Roland! 24 hours after returning to his flat he released "the Statement"

I'm not Saying CARDs protests are totally useless - but I don't believe it will get him to sell.

**EDIT Addition**

I do however think CARDS protest will bring him to the table to discuss things, which they have refused to do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2016
    markmc68 said:

As you openly point out in your follow up post, the "neanderthals from down the road" invaded a pitch and slapped an opposition player when they were running high in the play-off positions. That you seem to be under the illusion that they'd be as restrained as we have - when we've been relegated with hardly a wimper, and are being actively ran in to the ground - is quite clearly not true.

If we were to act like neanderthals there would've already been pitch invasions, the directors box would've been under more pressure than a one off group of fans chanting at the gate, and our protests likely would've already involved numerous arrests. That such continued pressure has been applied to the club via CARD, and to my knowledge with 0 arrests, is a testament to how well mannered things have been.

Not to mention, there has been no talk of actively attacking players - be they Charlton or opposition. Implying that is quite offensive to those involved in the protests.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

markmc68 said:

As you openly point out in your follow up post, the "neanderthals from down the road" invaded a pitch and slapped an opposition player when they were running high in the play-off positions. That you seem to be under the illusion that they'd be as restrained as we have - when we've been relegated with hardly a wimper, and are being actively ran in to the ground - is quite clearly not true.

If we were to act like neanderthals there would've already been pitch invasions, the directors box would've been under more pressure than a one off group of fans chanting at the gate, and our protests likely would've already involved numerous arrests. That such continued pressure has been applied to the club via CARD, and to my knowledge with 0 arrests, is a testament to how well mannered things have been.

Not to mention, there has been no talk of actively attacking players - be they Charlton or opposition. Implying that is quite offensive to those involved in the protests.
    This idea if you aren't with CARD you are a thug or whatever is damaging to the protest movement I would say!
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

LuckyReds said:

markmc68 said:

This idea if you aren't with CARD you are a thug or whatever is damaging to the protest movement I would say!
    Not really what I said, is it mate?
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    LuckyReds said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

LuckyReds said:

markmc68 said:

Not really what I said, is it mate?
    It wasn't directed at you, sorry it was just a general statement at the conversation.

and also markmc68 comment
  • Options
    edited May 2016

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

boggzy said:

That's if the angry can mobilise themselves. They know CARD are out, so the ball really is in their court now.

Mass disruption at this or any game won't make Roland sell, but a damp squib after all that they've done to destroy the club will certainly underline to the regime that they bought the right club.

There are Legal ways to heighten the bar! but they options are never put on the table, and are dismissed due to reputation and what the fans think etc...

Police happy - Check
    Supporters happy - Check
    Club happy - Check
    CARD happy - Check
    CAST happy - Check
    Rolland out - Uncheck!

I really admire your spirit C4FC, I admire your passion, and I admire the efforts you have made in taking the fight to Roland's back yard. I thank from afar for doing it on behalf of us who are not able to. A very sizable majority also want to see the back of this man, I find it frustrating that some of those that feel this way are still buying season tickets, I don't find it frustrating that they are not prepared to break the law.

If what has occurred so far has not (apparently - we shall see...) driven RD to sell, why do you think anything other than a physical assault upon his person (which is not possible, as he is hiding a sea away) will? Why would he care if a match was abandoned, if he had to pay a paltry fine, or if the club were deducted points at the start of next season? He cares not a jot for Charlton Athletic, and any fine would be paid by the interest the club pays Starprix or whoever it is. If you can seriously explain to me why you think that would move him any more than public ridicule and personal hatred does, I am prepared to listen.

Actually, I don't even think assault, arson or a dirty protest would make him any more, or less likely, to sell up than what is going on at the moment.

We have the TV on our side, we have the papers on our side, we have social media on our side, we have bloggers and online sports websites on our side, we have supporters of other clubs on our side. Why jeopardise all that good will and support - which is absolutely vital in maintaining this campaign - by screwing up Burnley and the rest of football for an afternoon?
    Agree generally with what you're saying Algarve, however, in the same way that 'Why would he care if a match was abandoned, if he had to pay a paltry fine, or if the club were deducted points at the start of next season? He cares not a jot for Charlton Athletic' - why do you think that 'we have social media on our side, we have bloggers and online sports websites on our side, we have supporters of other clubs on our side' is gonna make any difference ?
    It clearly and obviously isn't. He clearly doesn't listen to anyone.

I just wish I knew how his mind worked - it just makes no sense.

I am getting more and more dismayed by the lack of communication from his empire - that sometimes you think that maybe the Standard Liege way is the only way.

Edit: I really think he (RD) just laughs at the Valley protests (as good , and as well-intentioned and as well attended as they are) - its the Belgian protests that (as Mametz says) gives 'more bangs for bucks' (and there's no bias there !)
  • Options

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

boggzy said:

Police happy - Check
    Supporters happy - Check
    Club happy - Check
    CARD happy - Check
    CAST happy - Check
    Rolland out - Uncheck!

Agree generally with what you're saying Algarve, however, in the same way that 'Why would he care if a match was abandoned, if he had to pay a paltry fine, or if the club were deducted points at the start of next season? He cares not a jot for Charlton Athletic' - why do you think that 'we have social media on our side, we have bloggers and online sports websites on our side, we have supporters of other clubs on our side' is gonna make any difference ?
    It clearly and obviously isn't. He clearly doesn't listen to anyone.

I just wish I knew how his mind worked - it just makes no sense.

I am getting more and more dismayed by the lack of communication from his empire - that sometimes you think that maybe the Standard Liege way is the only way.
    They don't know what the standard liege way was mate, because we aren't allowed to go public with the information.
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

boggzy said:

Police happy - Check
    Supporters happy - Check
    Club happy - Check
    CARD happy - Check
    CAST happy - Check
    Rolland out - Uncheck!

What I would say is i'm part of the group of people that are closest to Roland and Katrien, we know them. and we have so many contacts etc..

I'm not prepared to discuss things on the open forum, but if anyone gets them to sell It will be the aforementioned group.

an example:

Katrien Furious that Charlton Fans have knocked on her Fathers door and handed him leaflets and posters with her as Pinocchio!

It is the same for Roland! 24 hours after returning to his flat he released "the Statement"

I'm not Saying CARDs protests are totally useless - but I don't believe it will get him to sell.

**EDIT Addition**

I do however think CARDS protest will bring him to the table to discuss things, which they have refused to do.
    Well I'm not sure that either would "force" them to leave. However the stated aim from CARD I thought was to make the club unmanageable. Perpetual protest at the Valley, with all the associated additional security expense and pressure from the FA/FL that comes with it does more for that aim than going round the CEO's dads house with a couple of leaflets.

Either way Roland is the prize and he stared down the Standard Ultras who stormed his office and faced him man to man, I don't think he'll be "forced to sell" by people coming round when he isn't there and putting up some stickers and posters and then leaving before he gets back.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

boggzy said:

Police happy - Check
    Supporters happy - Check
    Club happy - Check
    CARD happy - Check
    CAST happy - Check
    Rolland out - Uncheck!

an example:

**EDIT Addition**

Well I'm not sure that either would "force" them to leave. However the stated aim from CARD I thought was to make the club unmanageable. Perpetual protest at the Valley, with all the associated additional security expense and pressure from the FA/FL that comes with it does more for that aim than going round the CEO's dads house with a couple of leaflets.

Either way Roland is the prize and he stared down the Standard Ultras who stormed his office and faced him man to man, I don't think he'll be "forced to sell" by people coming round when he isn't there and putting up some stickers and posters and then leaving before he gets back.
    Again that bollocks!

Firstly that wasn't Ultras! they were just normal fans that were walking past and confronted him on the fly - they even admitted that they messed it up due to the surprise of it all they weren't prepared what to say.

Second it wasn't the stickers and posters he wasn't happy about - it was all his neighbour's complaining about them being targeted. he also stated on the conference call to the valley that if this continued he would have to think about selling in the summer!

So you are talking about stuff you know nothing about! sorry but this then becomes FACT on here and it is just bollocks.

He was forced to sell Standard when things got personal!
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

se9addick said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

boggzy said:

Police happy - Check
    Supporters happy - Check
    Club happy - Check
    CARD happy - Check
    CAST happy - Check
    Rolland out - Uncheck!

an example:

**EDIT Addition**

Again that bollocks!

Firstly that wasn't Ultras! they were just normal fans that were walking past and confronted him on the fly - they even admitted that they messed it up due to the surprise of it all they weren't prepared what to say.

Second it wasn't the stickers and posters he wasn't happy about - it was all his neighbour's complaining about them being targeted. he also stated on the conference call to the valley that if this continued he would have to think about selling in the summer!

So you are talking about stuff you know nothing about! sorry but this then becomes FACT on here and it is just bollocks.

What conference call was that?
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

boggzy said:

Police happy - Check
    Supporters happy - Check
    Club happy - Check
    CARD happy - Check
    CAST happy - Check
    Rolland out - Uncheck!

an example:

**EDIT Addition**

Serious question @C4FC4L1f3 - are you saying that you are only going to take part in the Belgium based protests now? We met at the small protest when Roland was spotted in Charlton (8 of us I think :smiley: ) and I thought you seemed keen on that sort of protest - if so, what has changed your mind?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Glad about this. Eminently sensible. While the protests must go on, they shouldn't effect other teams.

Also glad because I'm taking my 5 year old who's just getting into it. GOing to be hard to explain to him what's going on as it is, without an abandonment.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    To me its obvious that he just laughs off the (very good and hearty) protests at the Valley - but its also clear that he got 'incensed' (Henry's words) with the protesting we did in Belgium on his doorstep.
    Its obvious,having been part of most of the protests here and in Belgium where we get 'value for money'- and what upsets him the most.
  • Options

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

boggzy said:

Police happy - Check
    Supporters happy - Check
    Club happy - Check
    CARD happy - Check
    CAST happy - Check
    Rolland out - Uncheck!

an example:

**EDIT Addition**

Serious question @C4FC4L1f3 - are you saying that you are only going to take part in the Belgium based protests now? We met at the small protest when Roland was spotted in Charlton (8 of us I think :smiley: ) and I thought you seemed keen on that sort of protest - if so, what has changed your mind?
    He told me it was 20 !
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

se9addick said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

boggzy said:

Police happy - Check
    Supporters happy - Check
    Club happy - Check
    CARD happy - Check
    CAST happy - Check
    Rolland out - Uncheck!

an example:

**EDIT Addition**

Again that bollocks!

Fair enough, I can only go on what I was told by Ultras when I was at a Standard match earlier this season and they were very honest that it wasn't so much what they had done that had got rid of RD but the pressure from the Belgian FA over the conflict of interest in one person controlling two teams in the top flight. That also ties up with the timeline (there was a pretty long gap between "things getting personal" and him actually selling).

But you've obviously been told differently and are completely entitled to believe whatever you like and it would be lovely to think that we could force him to sell by pestering his neighbours, I could see why you would want to believe that it's what worked with Standard.
  • Options

To me its obvious that he just laughs off the (very good and hearty) protests at the Valley - but its also clear that he got 'incensed' (Henry's words) with the protesting we did in Belgium on his doorstep.
    Its obvious,having been part of most of the protests here and in Belgium where we get 'value for money'- and what upsets him the most.

Thanks - I haven't read all the Belgium protest threads and didn't know RD was incensed by them (good). So do you think the direction, or location even, of the protests shoud change?
  • Options

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

boggzy said:

Police happy - Check
    Supporters happy - Check
    Club happy - Check
    CARD happy - Check
    CAST happy - Check
    Rolland out - Uncheck!

an example:

**EDIT Addition**

No I will do whatever I can to help (this includes helping card! Just last week I reached out to them, to bridge the gap between the Belgian group and them)

This isn't us vs them vs them - it is supporters vs Rolland.

I'm not against CARD at all and they know that - but I cant agree with things that I don't agree with and I'm entitled to my opinion biased on the information presented.

At the moment there is the Belgian group who are in constant communication - we are doing our thing and CARD do there's - we also communicate to each other - we also knew they would release the statement, and we agreed that it was the correct thing for CARD to do.

I'm also involved with lots of things that are planned at the valley for this weekend - but a few of us are on a wanted list and we have also been told to keep away from he valley - this makes things hard but not impossible!

We have also learnt that it is best to not publish our plans because of the pitch invasion fiasco! but the reaction I got (and continue to get) from those on here and other forums etc... has discouraged people as they are of the opinion that the bulk of Charlton Fans don't want anything more that CARD are doing.

A number of us will stop protesting after this match due to personal reasons, and that's a shame, as there is no one to replace them.

We hope that CARD's Actions work but what if they don't?
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Thanks - I haven't read all the Belgium protest threads and didn't know RD was incensed by them (good). So do you think the direction, or location even, of the protests shoud change?
    In one word...yes. However, there are obvious logistical problems. It would be nice to plonk 5000 Charlton fans at an STVV game - but obviously that isn't going to happen - but I think we should look to ramp up the volumes going to Belgium , because that would raise our profile in Belgium, and would show him that we are just beginning not ending the fight out there.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

se9addick said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

boggzy said:

Police happy - Check
    Supporters happy - Check
    Club happy - Check
    CARD happy - Check
    CAST happy - Check
    Rolland out - Uncheck!

an example:

**EDIT Addition**

Again that bollocks!

Fair enough, I can only go on what I was told by Ultras when I was at a Standard match earlier this season and they were very honest that it wasn't so much what they had done that had got rid of RD but the pressure from the Belgian FA over the conflict of interest in one person controlling two teams in the top flight. That also ties up with the timeline (there was a pretty long gap between "things getting personal" and him actually selling).

But you've obviously been told differently and are completely entitled to believe whatever you like and it would be lovely to think that we could force him to sell by pestering his neighbours, I could see why you would want to believe that it's what worked with Standard.
    That makes more sense to me, one thing ruthless entrepreneurs must have is a thick skin, and a complete belief that your way is correct...
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

boggzy said:

Police happy - Check
    Supporters happy - Check
    Club happy - Check
    CARD happy - Check
    CAST happy - Check
    Rolland out - Uncheck!

an example:

**EDIT Addition**

No I will do whatever I can to help (this includes helping card! Just last week I reached out to them, to bridge the gap between the Belgian group and them)

This isn't us vs them vs them - it is supporters vs Rolland.

I'm not against CARD at all and they know that - but I cant agree with things that I don't agree with and I'm entitled to my opinion biased on the information presented.

At the moment there is the Belgian group who are in constant communication - we are doing our thing and CARD do there's - we also communicate to each other - we also knew they would release the statement, and we agreed that it was the correct thing for CARD to do.

I'm also involved with lots of things that are planned at the valley for this weekend - but a few of us are on a wanted list and we have also been told to keep away from he valley - this makes things hard but not impossible!

We have also learnt that it is best to not publish our plans because of the pitch invasion fiasco! but the reaction I got (and continue to get) from those on here and other forums etc... has discouraged people as they are of the opinion that the bulk of Charlton Fans don't want anything more that CARD are doing.

A number of us will stop protesting after this match due to personal reasons, and that's a shame, as there is no one to replace them.

We hope that CARD's Actions work but what if they don't?
    Thanks for that @C4FC4L1f3, I had sort of got the impression that there was now a split into 2 groups protest wise. I'd actually assumed that CARD were part of the original 'Belgium 20' protest. It's possibly confusing as the protest fund (I think?) funded the banner. But I am easily confused!
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    LuckyReds said:

markmc68 said:

This is always trotted out but what protests did they make last season when they went down?

No, their owner isn't as bad as Roland but there was a lot of unhappiness about the state of their club from their fans but they were, if anything, more restrained than us.

There image is one thing and invading the pitch and slapping an oppo player another but neither measure up to the sustained, varied campaign by Charlton fans so far. Our protests have drawn near universal approval.