Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Originally I was disappointed to see this but I guess when you think about it, getting the game abandoned doesn't really achieve any good does it?
  • That's a relief to me, despite wanting the obvious change.
  • Those headlines are misleading. CARD won't get the game abandoned but there are other collective that will try.

Sensible of CARD to come out and distance itself from the mindless few though - well played
  • Sponsored links:

• Good statement showing clear strategy and communication.

CARD is a professional well run body, to think the club could be benefiting from these fans and indeed working with them.

with new proper owners if they so choose

• Good decision, we have nothing to be gained from getting the game abandoned.

CARD has already done an excellent & professional job of achieving the sympathetic media attention we needed and keeping fan morale up during these dark days, now if most fans do stick to the toughest protest a total boycott of giving any money to Roland then we can get him out before he takes our club to a new low(fourth tier) that could take us a generation to recover from, if at all.
  • I agree, Think everybody should show some restraint. Something like this maybe.

sbnation.com/soccer/2016/5/2/11568412/legia-warsaw-lech-poznan-2016-polish-cup-final-flares-smoke
  • I think to get the game abandoned would be unfair on Burnley

I think to do nothing would be unfair on Brighton and Middlesbrough.

Well Brighton still won!

The main reason Boro lost was their bust up during the week, any team whose manager walks out the day before a match will struggle!
  • Not even that! That is too ridiculous for words and not anything Card would back I feel sure

I agree, Think everybody should show some restraint. Something like this maybe.

sbnation.com/soccer/2016/5/2/11568412/legia-warsaw-lech-poznan-2016-polish-cup-final-flares-smoke

• Excellent statement.

Over to you Katrien.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think to get the game abandoned would be unfair on Burnley

I think to do nothing would be unfair on Brighton and Middlesbrough.

Oh, how quaint it is to be a lidl ol Charlton fan.
  • CARD going on the record and saying they don't condone a match abandonment is very good, even if an abandonment did occur via non-CARD means.

CARD have, via their creative initiatives and engagement campaigns, become a kind of pseudo-official representative for the protests and movement to remove Roland. Were they to not go on the record and state that they want everything legal and above board it would put them in a difficult position, and leave the club with an open goal if something did happen.

If people do want to go more extreme then they still can; with this statement it just provides CARD with the ability of underlining that they had no involvement, and allows them to distance the protests from any negative press.
  • That's if the angry can mobilise themselves. They know CARD are out, so the ball really is in their court now.

Mass disruption at this or any game won't make Roland sell, but a damp squib after all that they've done to destroy the club will certainly underline to the regime that they bought the right club.
  • boggzy said:

That's if the angry can mobilise themselves. They know CARD are out, so the ball really is in their court now.

Mass disruption at this or any game won't make Roland sell, but a damp squib after all that they've done to destroy the club will certainly underline to the regime that they bought the right club.

And that the Protesting has already hit its peak and is now on the wane.
  • boggzy said:

That's if the angry can mobilise themselves. They know CARD are out, so the ball really is in their court now.

Yes if Roland doesn't sell this summer he will only sell when he is bored.

There are Legal ways to heighten the bar! but they options are never put on the table, and are dismissed due to reputation and what the fans think etc...

The protest is about getting the club back not appeasing everyone!

Police happy - Check
    Supporters happy - Check
    Club happy - Check
    CARD happy - Check
    CAST happy - Check
    Rolland out - Uncheck!

Ah well does it matter we have pleased the rest!

• C4FC4L1f3 said:

boggzy said:

There are Legal ways to heighten the bar! but they options are never put on the table, and are dismissed due to reputation and what the fans think etc...

Police happy - Check
    Supporters happy - Check
    Club happy - Check
    CARD happy - Check
    CAST happy - Check
    Rolland out - Uncheck!

Got another pitch invasion planned then?
  • edited May 2016

C4FC4L1f3 said:

boggzy said:

Police happy - Check
    Supporters happy - Check
    Club happy - Check
    CARD happy - Check
    CAST happy - Check
    Rolland out - Uncheck!

Got another pitch invasion planned then?
    No! have you? or you just goanna stick with the free "like" and "lol" brigade?