Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Put yourself in RD's shoes...er, oh maybe not

Just to make up a scenario of imaginitive thinking...

You, in another life, where everything is still the same apart from the fact that you now own a business thats worth just over 100million of asset value....and receive a realistic annual gross profit for a business of that size between 5-10million (I have no idea what I'm talking about)

You have various properties and also 10 million worth of disposalable cash. You live the high life for a satisfactorily long amount of time but, because you are still you....you have this annoying thing called a Charlton season ticket (not renewed for league one as you most likely hate the regime) and you are still very much in love with the club you have supported before you even liked football. Like I say, everything is the same apart from the fact that you are rich.

Would you consider the possibility of buying Charlton? ......

Roland won't accept anything less then 38million. Gatekeeper Meire asks if your recent email enquiry is just another stupid billboard investment proposal, you insist no and WhatsApp her a picture of 38mill worth of cash in a briefcase and that Roland only has 10mins to decide until the offer expires. Roland rapidly gets in touch himself and accepts your offer.

You have now purchased Charlton and it was cash upfront just so you didn't have to have anymore dealing with RD and his sidekick. You also feel quite good that Meire is now jobless as a result. Actually that's up to you to decide whether or not you feel good about it.

1. Have you made the biggest mistake of your life? Personally, professionally and financially?

2. Do you still keep your Charlton life account and or still frequently post as you would have before?

3. What is literally the 1st thing you would do upon your arrival to the valley as the official owner? (The club would be yours from 01/06/2016)

4. Who would you specifically recruit and for what roles? Who would you hire and fire?

5. Would you issue a statement promising at least 15 chips? What kind of food would you make sure was sold inside the ground?

6. Jose Riga has already left or was dismissed. The head coach/manager vacancy was not filled. Who do you interview for the role? What's your shortlist? And who is your likely manager target?

Describe your full plans in detail but also remind yourself that you are the 100% owner so everything you put into Charlton is all your own money. The piss poor players still under contract next season...YOU effectively pay their wages.

I tried to make this scenario not too easy (it sounds incredibly easy on paper) but getting the balance of what is a genuine challenge that requires careful thinking needs to be met in the middle.

Remember, we have hit rock bottom and are heading to league one. You have a heavy work load that's going to be somewhat stressful and you still need to think about you and your children's inheritance...but obviously you love Charlton and are feeling pretty dam good about yourself you got the club off the previous toxic regime.

List everything you would do as the owner of Charlton Athletic.

This other business you have...you can name and describe the purpose of the business.

Ive convinced myself to download the most recent version of footy chairman.

Comments

• Options
    Pedro45 said:

The first thing you do is congratulate yourself for ridding the club of this vermin owner. Then you call Peter Varney and negotiate the sale of the club on to his consortium at the best price you can get. Job done. Get out quickly. You will have lost a bunch of money but will feel great!

That's exactly what I thought when I read the OP
  • Options
    I have a feeling he has smaller feet than me, so this is just not going to work.
  • Options
    If I was in Roland's shoes, I'd take some duct tape...
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

The first thing you do is congratulate yourself for ridding the club of this vermin owner. Then you call Peter Varney and negotiate the sale of the club on to his consortium at the best price you can get. Job done. Get out quickly. You will have lost a bunch of money but will feel great!

Hmmm that's wise and simply, the right thing to do but...

In this slightly altered multi universe, Peter varneys consortium will now only purchase the club once you reached the premier league....and Paul Elliot has withdrawn any intial interest....

• Options
    1. Have you made the biggest mistake of your life? Personally, professionally and financially? Get the club back up for sale...Varney or Elliott's group to take over from me.

Yes it was a mistake, however it was planned.

2. Do you still keep your Charlton life account and or still frequently post as you would have before? Probably more often, i'm apparently or was minted...

3. What is literally the 1st thing you would do upon your arrival to the valley as the official owner? (The club would be yours from 01/06/2016) Get the club back up for sale...

4. Who would you specifically recruit and for what roles? Who would you hire and fire? No one. Flash sale to get Varney or Elliott's group to take over from me.

5. Would you issue a statement promising at least 15 chips? What kind of food would you make sure was sold inside the ground? That'd be for Varney or Elliott's group to take over from me.

6. Jose Riga has already left or was dismissed. The head coach/manager vacancy was not filled. Who do you interview for the role? What's your shortlist? And who is your likely manager target? Varney or Elliott's group to take over from me would probably actually interview all applicants
  • Options
    At the moment he must be walking around with a waft of dog shit in the air constantly checking he has not trod in anything...