Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pre-Season Friendlies

I know that a pre-season training camp in Austria has been mentioned by some fans

Yet does anyone know when the fixtures will begin to be released (i.e. Welling etc.)

Comments

• Options
    We won't have enough players for pre-season friendlies.
  • Options
    Bolton away on a Thursday night.
  • Options
    I thought we had been playing friendlys all season !
  • Options

I know that a pre-season training camp in Austria has been mentioned by some fans

Wow, even fans now have pre-season training camps!

I guess they need to train up the 10,000 new fans who will be recruited to the replace the fans boycotting the club

• Options
    I imagine it will be at Tus Raiba Heiltherme Bad Waltersdorf, 5th tier (I believe) Austrian side - which is, and I kid you not, the quality of a an average Saturday league match over here (Teams from the 4th tier in Austria get beat by Championship/Low Prem sides by double figures). Sturm Graz and Ujpest perhaps two to join us...

Either way it'll be a mess I'm sure.
  • Options
    I was hoping for a tourno at Alcorcon featuring STVV and us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Damn straight I'm looking forward to it, just a shame we aren't playing them on July 14th (national nudist day)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3448191/Dutch-football-team-celebrate-Valentine-s-Day-replacing-mascots-lingerie-models-lose-1-0.html

• Options
    Am I the only one worried that we don't seem to have a kit a week before pre-season kicks off?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Am I the only one worried that we don't seem to have a kit a week before pre-season kicks off?

There will be news on it next week according to Twitter

• Options
    SDAddick said:

No, cause i won't be buying it
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Apologies it's my excitement at these amazing friendlies they're lining up.

I think I detect a hint of sarcasm. I must admit they aren't inspiring but wait till Bury, Fleetwood and Scunthorpe come to The Valley. That'll get the buzz you are seeking.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Fumbluff said:

always wanted to see rkc-waalwijk, can't wait

You pronounced it wrong.
    Apologies it's my excitement at these amazing friendlies they're lining up. You've got to say they know their customers, they know exactly how to fill that old ground up. It's like they could read our minds, rkc-waalwijk AND Ipswich town. :smiley:
    So, you don't like the pre-season friendlies that the club have lined up, and you're not buying tickets anyway?

In which case, it wouldn't matter if the friendlies were against Manchester United and Real Madrid, would it?
  • Options
    Does anyone know if the Bromley fixture going to be first team?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Squirrel face probably not too concerned as realises there will be a lot unsold.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fumbluff said:

Fumbluff said:

always wanted to see rkc-waalwijk, can't wait

You pronounced it wrong.
    Apologies it's my excitement at these amazing friendlies they're lining up. You've got to say they know their customers, they know exactly how to fill that old ground up. It's like they could read our minds, rkc-waalwijk AND Ipswich town. :smiley:
    So, you don't like the pre-season friendlies that the club have lined up, and you're not buying tickets anyway?

In which case, it wouldn't matter if the friendlies were against Manchester United and Real Madrid, would it?
    Show me where I said I'm not buying tickets. I'm not buying season tickets but then I haven't done that for 2-3 seasons anyway.
    I'd have bought tickets for any home friendly that my kids would have wanted to go to as they are the future generation of charlton supporters. Sadly the announced fixtures don't fit that bill.
  • Options
    Rumours was that it was going to be Hibs on 30th July who would have brought more of their own fans and I would guess attracted more Charlton fans.

Maybe they were too expensive or the schedules didn't fit, who knows?
  • Options

Bromley FC were billing it as first team but it's the night before the flight to Austria so who knows
  • Options
    You'd have thought she could have arranged a game with Premier League giants Bournemouth, even that would have attracted some supporters.....
  • Options
    Still nobody know of time and venue for the 16th July game in Austria?
  • Options

Bromley FC were billing it as first team but it's the night before the flight to Austria so who knows
    Cheers, I'm unable to make Welling so need my football fix and will definitely pop along, just would be nicer if I could have seen couple of the new lads.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Not really as we'll probably just play against Welling in last seasons.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

Not really as we'll probably just play against Welling in last seasons.
    I am sure that @TEL could help them out with new kit to save embarassment of playing in old ones.
  • Options
    So Roland still unable to give details out to fans on which ground or grounds the matches will be played at.

Not to worry Roland sure when you meet up with your family in Austria you will be able to put a plan into action to stop us.

Ha Ha some hope.
  • Options
    OR we haven't actually got a venue confirmed yet?

Not everything is a conspiracy or a tactic you know