Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

WALSALL V FLEETWOOD TOWN .. A WARNING !

(Now on SS1)

This 1st division game between promotion hopefuls and a team in danger of relegation is packed with fleet (no puns here) footed, skilful, committed, well organised players going all out for victory. This applies to both teams, though especially in the case of Walsall

The last few CAFC games I had the near misfortune to attend, lacked most of the above from our players ..
we need new player 'blood' at our club a s a p as well as new management and owners ..
we all know that time is not on our side, the lower divisions are now packed with ambitious and hard working clubs looking for success at the expense of more 'established' yet vulnerable clubs just like us ..

be warned, next season will be just as tough on CAFC players and fans alike as was the car wreck of the last one

Comments

• Options
    Come on Fleetwood.
  • Options
    Come on Walsall, means small wall will have to play Bradford in the playoffs who will hopefully beat them.
  • Options
    League One result: Walsall 3-1 Fleetwood
  • Options
    Walsall still have an outside chance of automatic promotion
  • Options

Walsall still have an outside chance of automatic promotion

Have to win and hope that Burton lose whilst making up a two goal deficit on the Goal Difference
  • Options
    Burton lose by one goal and Walsall win by two then its all square, I assume its then on goals scored which favours Walsall at the moment.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Burton lose by one goal and Walsall win by two then its all square, I assume its then on goals scored which favours Walsall at the moment.

Yup :)
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Come on Walsall, means small wall will have to play Bradford in the playoffs who will hopefully beat them.

On our day we can beat any of the other play off contenders and conversely visa versa, it's been that sort of season. Bradford were so ordinary when we played them but still managed a scrappy 1 nil win. 2 days later we went and comfortably beat a then top of the table Burton. It's been a funny old season. And the last two Yorkshire teams we met in the league one play off semis we beat, Leeds and Huddersfield, so I wouldn't be too worried if we got Bradford. The supposedly big 'ard yorkshire men tend to melt at a packed Den under the floodlights. :wink:
  • Options
    I think Scunthorpe would be the team I'd want to avoid given the choice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafcfan said:

smiffyboy said:

The supposedly big 'ard yorkshire men tend to melt at a packed Den under the floodlights. :wink:
    That would be caused by the toxins from the waste incinerator.
    Would that be big 'ard Yorkshire men like Lee Gregory, Byron Webster and Mark Beevers by any chance?
  • Options

Let's hope you get Scunny then.
  • Options

5 wins in a row. Momentum always helps
  • Options

bad memories of the play off final a few years back ? ((:>) .. funny how Adkins got such a great tune from that Scunny outfit .. nowadays at the 'big club' Blades he can hardly get them all reading from the same song sheet
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Gillingham v Millwall
    Wigan v Barnlsey
    Sheffield United v Scunthorpe United

The three teams in bold are those who can make the final Play-Off spot if results go their way... Barnsley currently occupy that spot although are on joint points with Scunthorpe and only have a better Goal Difference by two goals.

Gillingham have the best Goal Difference out of all of them so if they win with Barnsley / Scunthorpe drawing they will pinch it back.

Reckon Scunthorpe will do it, they've the easiest fixture as Wigan will want to confirm the title, Millwall will want to continue their form into the Play-Offs whilst Sheffield United have nothing to play for at all.
  • Options
    No such thing as an easy fixture against Sheffield United