Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Arsenal protests

2»

Comments

• Hope they implode ---- then implode again

Haha, me too. I hope they sack Wenger and employ Mourinho.
  • on a similar level to liverpool - deluded fans living in the past

they're exactly where they deserve to be
  • What a bunch of cocks! If you want something to protest about then pop along next saturday!!
  • living in the past!

they still sing about 49 games unbeaten in 1892 or whatever it was.
  • The difference between us under Curbs in 2006, and Arsenal under Wenger in 2016, is that Curbs had been overachieving for years, while Wenger hasn't been, certainly not for the last 3 years since the stadium cost was paid off.

There is an element of groundhog day about Arsenal, every year they make Top 4 but fail to win the PL. They're not even playing particularly good football at the moment, for a team with Ozil and Sanchez in it

• Have no sympathy for them but modern football fans, especially at clubs like Arsenal, have more expectation and less connection with reality. And when you've had the most expensive ST prices in the league to pay, and the club has boasted about that, then there's always likely to be an expectation of more.
  • There are not many things to do with football that Charlton are better at than Arsenal.

Protesting, however, is definitely one of them!

(Not that they have real reason for protests, of course.)
  • Sponsored links:

• Best protest sign was this one , though this fella does look suspiciously like Karl Jenkinson.

• adsads
    edited May 2016
    SDAddick said:

Macronate said:

it's like a mini civil war. you've got factions in support of Wenger and others against but they are almost chanting at each other.

It's like a "mini Civil War" where hummus* is served with a veggie tray for dipping. And I love hummus. But when I go to war, I don't have time for a nice spread.

*I don't mean the Syrian, Iraqi, Yemeni, Israeli/Palestinian, Iranian, or Egyptian kind of civil war. Hummus is served in all of those civil wars too, but it isn't from Waitrose.
    How long has this soft dip controversy been threatening the managers job? Mezzegate
  • edited May 2016
    Arsenal's first 11 for the 'Invincibles' season:

Lehmann

Lauren
    Campbell
    Toure
    Cole

Viera
    Ljungberg
    Gilberto
    Pires

Bergkamp
    Henry

Arsenal first 11 v Norwich

Cech

Bellerin
    Mertesacker
    Koscielny
    Monreal

Elneny
    Ramsey
    Sanchez
    Ozil

Iwobi
    Giroud

Not difficult to see where the problem lies!
  • Chunes said:

Arsenal's first 11 for the 'Invincibles' season:

Lehmann

Lauren
    Campbell
    Toure
    Cole

Viera
    Ljungberg
    Gilberto
    Pires

Bergkamp
    Henry

Arsenal first 11 v Norwich

Cech

Bellerin
    Mertesacker
    Koscielny
    Monreal

Elneny
    Ramsey
    Sanchez
    Ozil

Iwobi
    Giroud

Not difficult to see where the problem lies!

No Ray Parlour
  • A feeble effort from the Woolwich rejects.

If we did marks for protests, like players, that was a minus three.
  • Arsenal fans make me laugh, this is quite a good article except it needs more emphasis on the likes of us and Blackpool it's a bit deeper than that, but Arsenal have always been OTT depressed I remember in 99 going to a social club in Woolwich after Charlton got relegated from the premier league and us Charlton fans looking on the bright side were trying to have a good time but there were loads of Arsenal fans in there CRYING yes crying in their beers why? Because man united beat them to the title, we weren't crying we went down they thought the world was over because they finished 2nd! Seriously I have nothing against Arsenal or their fans but please gooners cheer up champions league football every year isn't anything to protest about, walk a mile in our shoes.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/7-crisis-clubs-who-wont-7868146
  • buckshee said:

Best protest sign was this one , though this fella does look suspiciously like Karl Jenkinson.

Different class Arsenal fans: even the apostrophe is in the right place!
  • I remember a fair few of our supporters asking the same question in the Premiership.
    Curbishley has done all he could, and it was time for change, hopefully to progress further. Though not to a protest level, but it was widely suggested among our supporters?
    Are supporters of any club, any different, once you had the taste of some success. If I'm honest,
    all I want - is their PROBLEM!
  • buckshee said:

Best protest sign was this one , though this fella does look suspiciously like Karl Jenkinson.

Norwich fan in that picture surely ?
  • se9addick said:

buckshee said:

Norwich fan in that picture surely ?
    Oops! My mistake!
  • Sponsored links:

• I think some of you may be a bit lost...*

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/

* I do not include those of you who are slagging off the ungrateful, glory hunting gobshites.
  • It's hilarious.

Not all, but alot of Arsenal fans support is built on ease and convenience. They want to support a winning team, which can still be classified as local. They don't really know much about their history and can hide behind "its hard to get a ticket" as to the reason why they don't go.

City, Chelsea and United were rotten this season so of course it was 'their right' to win it. They haven't won it, so they lose their minds and are close to self destruction. Leicester were the best and most deserving, anyone with a footballing brain can see that, hence why they can't.
  • Macronate said:

living in the past!

they still sing about 49 games unbeaten in 1892 or whatever it was.

They will never beat Huddersfields unbeaten run.
  • Arsenal fans seem to have a massive sense of entitlement. There is a reason they are where they are - they aren't good enough to be anywhere else. Immediately they felt they were going to win the league as soon as Chelsea, and both Manchester clubs were on bad runs. Now they will finish behind their biggest rivals and Leicester.

Wenger is an odious man. He can't bring himself to give credit to other teams.