Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jose Riga

Comments

• Options

We won today but his record second time around has hardly been a revelation. I am afraid he is network, albeit a more personable member of it.

Inherited a squad demoralised. Players bought in took a while to get up to speed, although Tex hit the ground running....
    And has outed Sarr Bar relegation Roger Reza etc. also seems to have not liked the look of Poyet either.. Other players have performed well for him....Did we not also have Williams and McAleney when he arrived. ...Had too much to sort out, in a short space of time.
    Like him!
    Contrary to that you could say the only reason he did well first time round was because he inherited powells squad.
    I'm undecided on him. Not particularly keen but as others have said, worried who we might get in if he left.
    Yes he had a far better squad last time, I'm judging him on the crap he had this time....
  • Options
    If we are lucky enough to get new owners, new broom.

• Options

We won today but his record second time around has hardly been a revelation. I am afraid he is network, albeit a more personable member of it.

Inherited a squad demoralised. Players bought in took a while to get up to speed, although Tex hit the ground running....
    And has outed Sarr Bar relegation Roger Reza etc. also seems to have not liked the look of Poyet either.. Other players have performed well for him....Did we not also have Williams and McAleney when he arrived. ...Had too much to sort out, in a short space of time.
    Like him!
    Contrary to that you could say the only reason he did well first time round was because he inherited powells squad.
    I'm undecided on him. Not particularly keen but as others have said, worried who we might get in if he left.
    First time round he also inherited a team where Yann and Dale had been sold, and instead we had PP, Reza, Astrit and Nego...
  • Options
    He's already been told he's out. You could see it by his body language at the Brighton game and the way a few players spoke to him.

I don' think KM will employ another network manager, however they will struggle to get in a respected english (experienced) manager so may resort to one from the Network.

Either way, they need to appoint soon,
  • Options

Like him!
    First time round he also inherited a team where Yann and Dale had been sold, and instead we had PP, Reza, Astrit and Nego...
    Yep, but the core of the team was still there.
    If he is to go then the transfer policy will be just as important as who comes in.
    We're going to need someone with extensive knowledge of the english game and available players plus the financial backing if we're going to go back up first time.
    All well and good having one of the 6 highest budgets in the league but if we bring in the likes of Naby Sarr and Roger Johnson then it's going to get us nowhere.
    Might be being pessimistic but I think we'll be lucky to finish in the top half next year considering what the team will look like once the obvious departures are taken out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Like others have said it's a bit like the devil you know but in our shitty predicament maybe it would be the best option. He certainly knows the passion of the supporters and what the club means to us, he 'sort of' knows English football. We could get bloody Jose Mourinho in for next season but without the support of the owner we would still be up shit creek so WHY change? because it sounds like we should not 'raise our expectations' already ffs regarding next season!!
    What a fucking statement that was (did she really say it?) If she did then I expect us to be playing in the fucking National league in a few seasons!
    So I say stay Jose and try your damnedest to get us back up to a reasonable level of football, the only thing is pal you won't get much help from Belgium Bollocks!!
    Thank god its nearly summer!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

He's already been told he's out. You could see it by his body language at the Brighton game and the way a few players spoke to him.

I don' think KM will employ another network manager, however they will struggle to get in a respected english (experienced) manager so may resort to one from the Network.

Either way, they need to appoint soon,

The problem is that a respected manager would ask for a respectable wage. Negotiations would stall at this point!
  • Options
    I hope we get to keep Riga. That would be a good sign for me.
  • Options
    I think Riga is a good coach. He has always kept his dignity in the most horrible environments like Blackpool and the current madhouse of Charlton. I think he has done an amazing job of being a good 'shit filter' of the stuff that comes from his employers and has protected his squad and kept them motivated under very difficult circumstances. With the current clown like management team, he is a good choice. A principled and outspoken manger would walk within weeks.
  • Options
    Wasn't there a whisper about Northampton manager and former Charlton loanee Chris Wilder being the new manger for next season ?
  • Options
    I hope we keep Riga.
  • Options
    We're Charlton Athletic. We can do better than Jose bloody Riga.
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

Wasn't there a whisper about Northampton manager and former Charlton loanee Chris Wilder being the new manger for next season ?

Bolton not us
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

I wonder if Chris Wilder knows that..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have no doubt, our manager in league one (well up until Christmas when he inevitably gets the sack) will be Nebojša Vignjević.
  • Options
    They are interested in Chris Wilder but I can't see Chris Wilder being interested in us. I would not be surprised to see Simon Clark as Head Coach.
  • Options

Have no doubt, our manager in league one (well up until Christmas when he inevitably gets the sack) will be Nebojša Vignjević.

The plus of picking him is that if fans struggle to pronounce his name then they are less likely to chant nasty things about him when we are bottom of League 1
  • Options
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebojša_Vignjević

Played for Edmonton Drillers in an indoor league - what more can you ask for?

I used to play 5 aside at the waterfront in Woolwich on a Thursday night so I might have a chance of the job as well.
  • Options
    I want more managers than players, let's bring in the Hungarian
  • Options

Just done the maths. 20 points from 19 games under Riga so far. Actually more like 18 (as I don't blame him for the 0-6 at Hull). If he'd been here all season we'd be on 50 points now, above Fulham and Rotherham.

He'd have kept us up.

I think that's probably a realistic reflection of where this squad should be, given the injuries we've had. If we'd had Bauer, Diarra, Kashi, Igor fit all season then we'd be looking higher.

I like Riga, and personally don't associate him with the rest of the network. Like a few have said he seems to get the best out of players, plays them in the right position and is flexible with his tactics.

Unfortunately I hope he goes, because he'll only be in charge next year is if RD is still here.
  • Options
    Or even worse he goes and RD stays.
  • Options
    He hasn't really set the world alight here, but to be honest, there is no possibility of doing that under the current set up. I hope for better even now, and I simply don't think Riga can do the inverse of avoiding relegation, and propelling us to promotion - it doesn't seem to fit his DNA.
    Chris Wilder? Done a great job at Northampton, why the hell would he want to work with a couple of footballing morons like KM and RD? They have apparently just noticed we need someone to replace Phil Chappel!! Fingers on the pulse boys and girls.
  • Options

Just done the maths. 20 points from 19 games under Riga so far. Actually more like 18 (as I don't blame him for the 0-6 at Hull). If he'd been here all season we'd be on 50 points now, above Fulham and Rotherham.

He'd have kept us up.

Thing is, it doesn't work like that. Agree he has given us a bit more backbone - in fairness, the spine had all but disappeared by the time Fraeye was booted out - but I remain worried as his tactical failings in key matches (MK Dons springs immediately to mind) as well as a belief that despite bold words he does as he is told. I am no fan of his (nor was I first time round) but the acid test will be the summer. If he remains, then if he is allowed to make signings he wants to make he might have a chance. If Meire and Roland decide who he will be given then he might as well go. And in those circumstances no self-respecting manager would take the role.

As @BringBackMendonca said. I don't really want Riga here next season as it will mean Roland and Squirrel Face will still be in charge.