Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Katrien Meire says the club “do not want to build up expectations” as Charlton prepare for League 1

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

The fact that we have used circa 60* different players in the last 3 seasons infuriates me.
    *I don't know this number for fact, but I bet it's not far off!

Here you go:
    1 Hamer
    2 Hughes
    3 Evina
    4 Jackson
    5 Morrison
    6 Dervite
    7 Green
    8 Stephens
    9 Reza
    10 Church
    11 Sordell
    12 Harriott
    13 Alnwick
    14 Pritchard
    15 Wood
    16 Wiggins
    17 Cook
    18 Kermorgant
    19 Tudgay
    20 Petrucci
    21 Hollands
    22 Solly
    23 Thuram
    24 Wilson
    25 Cousins
    26 Nego
    27 Parzyshek
    28 Gower
    29 Cort
    30 Lennon
    31 Stewart
    32 Piggott
    33 Fox
    34 Poyet
    35 Ajderavic
    36 Henderson
    37 Gomez
    38 Veljkovic
    39 Bikey
    40 Ben Haim
    41 Bulot
    42 Eagles
    43 Gudmundsson
    44 Moussa
    45 Coquelin
    46 Diarra
    47 Vetokele
    48 Onyewu
    49 Buyens
    50 Johnson
    51 Tucudean
    52 Pope
    53 Watt
    54 Dmitrovic
    55 Le Point
    56 Ahearne-Grant
    57 Etheridge
    58 Vaz Te
    59 Suk-Young
    60 Kashi
    61 Bauer
    62 Sarr
    63 Makienok
    64 Ceballos
    65 Fanni
    66 Holmes-Dennis
    67 Bergdich
    68 Ba
    69 Charles-Cook
    70 Williams
    71 McAleny
    72 Kennedy
    73 Muldoon
    74 Umerah
    75 Lookman
    76 Motta
    77 Texeira
    78 Poyet (Loan re-signed)
    79 Johnson (re-signed)

So we could make it 80 this weekend LOL :cry:

Is Sanogo there?
  • Options
    With the money and recourses we have we could get out if this league (league one) very very quickly, but we simply choose not to because Roland is a dickhead.

A self sustainable football business is a fantastic idea...but once no one is turning up then it's never ever going to happen. Your only option is to give in to the fan base...they are the only ones that can make the self sustainable football club possible.

He's gana have to spend more on the club then what he wants. He's gana have to start thinking reasonably and realistically, but he won't.

He hates the fans.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Rob7Lee said:

Imagine if instead of saying:

"We don't want to build up expectations. Will have one of top six budgets in League 1. Hopefully on the back of a successful season, we can rebuild."

She said:

"We want everyone to get behind the team. We will have the top budget in League 1. We will have a successful season, we can rebuild, we will get promoted and back on our path to the Premiership".

We'd have all given her just as much stick as 'here we go, lying again', 'lies lies lies', 'they wouldn't know how to get promoted' etc

The relationship (if you can call it that) between the regime and us the fans has become so toxic they may as well just say nothing (although we will berate them for that as well)...... whatever she says, we will never believe them.

Even they must now realise that they have no other option but to sell. I sincerely hope they have realised and are in discussions with relevant potential buyers, thats what I want to believe anyway.

I agree the relationship is toxic enough to the point of no return. I disagree however that she will be ridiculed ...whatever she says so it almost doesn't matter.

People can generally tell whether someone does, or doesn't give a shit about something.
    She will not put her heart and soul into this job. It's called being selfish and being lazy. Her employer appears to also have given her the green light to not massively have to care that much.

She could start with being honest about how bad everything has gotten (we can all see it including the media, stop continuously living in denial) and how she truly regrets her negative input towards the outcome of what is now weekly protests.

This woman has no fight in her. She is not willing enough to open up in the correct way, whatever the reaction or outcome would be to it. Perhaps scared of rejection.

She can or could, still, with dignity at least make a heart full attempt to understand how the fans feel, apologise and acknowledge what the perception is towards the regime and perhaps why that is.

She may not be able to win people back, but she could still make people think.

Her problem is, she just cannot admit to being wrong. That would be a starting point. She simply doesn't want to give other people the apparent satisfaction. It's like some kind of stubborn childish sibling rivalry. Or she's simply just a b*tch and I'm giving her too much credit.

Have a re-think and start again Katrien...

"I can truly understand the reasons why season ticket sales are likely to be much lower next season. It's a big combination of things. This season has been a disaster and it's one where we only have ourselves to blame. Everyone from myself, the whole management from top to bottom, the team and the excessive amount of 3 different managers we have had, have all not been good enough.

I have made an amount of deep regretful mistakes in the running of this club that I really wish did not happen as they have clearly broken down my personal general relationship with the Charlton fans. I'm very upset it has turned out this way.

I assure you, I will not make certain mistakes again and I will understand and be more respectful.
    We will do everything, what we can to put this right again, for the fans. I don't expect protests to come to an end in the next coming weeks but I hope after some hard work and careful thinking that we can at least make Charlton supporters once again see light at the end of the tunnel.

The club is currently not for sale but we will of course need to review the situation again now and then in a years time maybe see and decide what is ultimately best for Charlton Athletic"

^ that would in parts still get taken the piss out of, and deservedly so, but it's just a lot more respectful and acceptable then the routinely crap she usually says. She needs to dig very very deep if she does infact want to say sorry and be partially forgiven. Is it worth doing? Of course it f*cking is!

Actions will still always speak louder then words.

IMHO, you're giving her far too much credit, Dave.

She will always insist she is right - her arrogance will never allow her to do otherwise.

The 5 letter word you used to describe a woman at her very worst IS correct in this instance IMHO.

She is runner up only to her Gepetto in terms of toxicity as far as our beloved football club is concerned.

As my old Gran would have said " She talks as her belly guides her".
  • Options
    Maybe she means exactly what she says. They do not want to build up expectations and that is why they have been doing everything wrong on purpose.

When she was a schoolgirl in Belgium ten or so years ago she went on an exchange programme to Croydon and promised her exchange partner that she would strive to set straight the heartbreak cause by Jonathon Fortune's goal.

She worked her way into Duchatelet's favour and persuaded him that buying Charlton would be a good idea and since then she has been fulfilling her promise.

After all her statement means the same us 'we do want to destroy expectations,' and she's gone beyond that: she's destroyed hope.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    An announcement on the official site that 'Roland Duchatelet has today entered into legal agreements that mean he and his heirs are unable to divest of their ownership of Charlton for 10 years.'

Now that would destroy hope, and probably result in a decent amount of destruction of property as well.

Edit: made clear no such announcement has yet been made
  • Options

Roland Duchatelet has today entered into legal agreements that mean he and his heirs are unable to divest of their ownership of Charlton for 10 years.

Now that would destroy hope, and probably result in a decent amount of destruction of property as well.

That sounds quite serious if true. Do you have a link to this info?
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Sorry made it up. Should have used a smiley, have amended.
  • Options
    We've become the Faulty Towers of football clubs, trouble is I can't laugh with this lot running the gaff.
  • Options

We've become the Faulty Towers of football clubs, trouble is I can't laugh with this lot running the gaff.

Accurate
  • Options

We've become the Faulty Towers of football clubs,

I think I know who the stupid cloth-eared bint is :wink:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think we should start referring to her as our "interim CEO", drop her name completely.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Dazzler21 said:

The fact that we have used circa 60* different players in the last 3 seasons infuriates me.
    *I don't know this number for fact, but I bet it's not far off!

Here you go:
    1 Hamer
    2 Hughes
    3 Evina
    4 Jackson
    5 Morrison
    6 Dervite
    7 Green
    8 Stephens
    9 Reza
    10 Church
    11 Sordell
    12 Harriott
    13 Alnwick
    14 Pritchard
    15 Wood
    16 Wiggins
    17 Cook
    18 Kermorgant
    19 Tudgay
    20 Petrucci
    21 Hollands
    22 Solly
    23 Thuram
    24 Wilson
    25 Cousins
    26 Nego
    27 Parzyshek
    28 Gower
    29 Cort
    30 Lennon
    31 Stewart
    32 Piggott
    33 Fox
    34 Poyet
    35 Ajderavic
    36 Henderson
    37 Gomez
    38 Veljkovic
    39 Bikey
    40 Ben Haim
    41 Bulot
    42 Eagles
    43 Gudmundsson
    44 Moussa
    45 Coquelin
    46 Diarra
    47 Vetokele
    48 Onyewu
    49 Buyens
    50 Johnson
    51 Tucudean
    52 Pope
    53 Watt
    54 Dmitrovic
    55 Le Point
    56 Ahearne-Grant
    57 Etheridge
    58 Vaz Te
    59 Suk-Young
    60 Kashi
    61 Bauer
    62 Sarr
    63 Makienok
    64 Ceballos
    65 Fanni
    66 Holmes-Dennis
    67 Bergdich
    68 Ba
    69 Charles-Cook
    70 Williams
    71 McAleny
    72 Kennedy
    73 Muldoon
    74 Umerah
    75 Lookman
    76 Motta
    77 Texeira
    78 Poyet (Loan re-signed)
    79 Johnson (re-signed)
    80 Sanogo
    81 Obika
    82 ?

So we could make it 82 this weekend LOL :cry:

Is Sanogo there?
    Missed him and Obika

• Options
    theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/mar/16/hotel-inspired-john-cleese-classic-comedy-fawlty-towers-demolished

:worried:
  • Options
    Another rearrangement gives "Chronic tat at hell" thus summing up Roger Johnsons' second stint.