Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC preparing for onslaught vs Burnley

Comments

• Options

Not exactly hard to get to the east stand from upper north if lower is blocked off.

Yes it is... You cant just walk round into the West or East Stand if your in either the North Stand or Quadrants because there is a metal barrier in the way
  • Options

Closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Actually for this game, I think it's more a case of closing the stable door to prevent the horse from bolting!
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Seeing as a couple of hundred ST holders from the North Lower may be moved to the East Stand without prior notification, if they all insisted on stewards taking them to exactly where their temporary seats have been relocated - and all are doing this in the ten minutes before kick off, it will take up a lot of time and effort to ensure this happens smoothly.

Now if all these moved ST holders enter the East Stand from the wrong entrance, it could cause chaos.

What with that and a few people testing the Stewards on their newly trained 'First Aid Training' - which we've been told they all have, then no matter how many of them they rope in it will be a big pull on their pre match resources. A couple of twisted ankles, some panic attacks, that sort of thing.

With this on top of the extra security, extra stewards searching, possible longer queues outside the ground, I would suggest the pre match opportunities to disrupt the game legally would be greatly improved.

Why would they move them to the east stand? I assume the intention is to tell them sit elsewhere in the lower north?
  • Options

Addickted said:

Seeing as a couple of hundred ST holders from the North Lower may be moved to the East Stand without prior notification, if they all insisted on stewards taking them to exactly where their temporary seats have been relocated - and all are doing this in the ten minutes before kick off, it will take up a lot of time and effort to ensure this happens smoothly.

Now if all these moved ST holders enter the East Stand from the wrong entrance, it could cause chaos.

What with that and a few people testing the Stewards on their newly trained 'First Aid Training' - which we've been told they all have, then no matter how many of them they rope in it will be a big pull on their pre match resources. A couple of twisted ankles, some panic attacks, that sort of thing.

With this on top of the extra security, extra stewards searching, possible longer queues outside the ground, I would suggest the pre match opportunities to disrupt the game legally would be greatly improved.

Why would they move them to the east stand? I assume the intention is to tell them sit elsewhere in the lower north?
    I was working on the assumption that the whole of the North Lower was being made unavailable.

Nevertheless, even those moving seats can take up valuable time requesting assistance to their temporary new seats.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

smiffyboy said:

Charlton Ticket news on Twitter saying its back up and running.

Yeah it's working. Front 6 rows in North Lower unavailable though.
    Is the website working? Can't get anything when I look at the buy tickets page.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

MrLargo said:

smiffyboy said:

Charlton Ticket news on Twitter saying its back up and running.

Yeah it's working. Front 6 rows in North Lower unavailable though.
    Is the website working? Can't get anything when I look at the buy tickets page.
    Should be. It worked for me, I bought a ticket for Burnley at the back of the Lower North and have received the confirmation email.
  • Options
    Can we not claim compensation if we can't use our usual seat in the north lower?
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Addickted said:

I was working on the assumption that the whole of the North Lower was being made unavailable.

Nevertheless, even those moving seats can take up valuable time requesting assistance to their temporary new seats.
    Especially as the Club has asked the stewards to physically unbolt those specific seats and re-fix them in the South Lower - customers can't then complain about being in the wrong seats can they?
  • Options

I have visions of Johnny Jackson powering a last minute winner into the net and running into the adoring Covered End crowd to celebrate, only to then remember that there are no fans in the first 6 rows!

For that to happen Roland has to start him/bring him on. Not gonna happen!
  • Options
    New developments regarding this.

"Right the [ticket office] lady said season ticket holders will be able to sit in the seats it's when people request to buy seats it's coming up unavailable"
  • Options
    seriously, set fire to the netting covering the front rows & to avoid any health & safety problems start throwing cups of water over the bellmarsh boys

been looking at stress balls on amazon, plenty of foam but think they'll be too light from the upper north. What material were the black & white ones ?
  • Options

"Right the [ticket office] lady said season ticket holders will be able to sit in the seats it's when people request to buy seats it's coming up unavailable"

Well if they are not covering the seats then people will sit there anyway.
  • Options
    Markg2004 said:

Pointless then. As its not exactly hard to move...
    Yep. I just think there's more in this than we know. I don't see what other reason they'd have for marking the seats as unavailable. Unless it's like a double bluff and they wanted us to expect there'd be netting so people would sit somewhere else where it's easier to deal with pitch invaders. Feel like a conspiracy theorist at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If that's the case then the seats will not be covered in netting and they can't stop others sitting in them.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

That's insane. Do they really imagine not selling those seats will make any difference whatsoever to where people sit?
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I really wanted to sit in the West Lower, as I met two very pleasant young ladies there last time, who said I should sit with them again!

Just got off the phone having been told we can't buy West Lower tickets for "safety reasons", so now I don't know where to sit!

I asked whose safety, she said "everybody's".

EDIT: But I AM allowed to sit in the North Lower. Which seems odd.
  • Options
    Did you get her name then if we get any problems we can go back to them and say ....... said we could sit here!
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I really wanted to sit in the West Lower, as I met two very pleasant young ladies there last time, who said I should sit with them again!

Just got off the phone having been told we can't buy West Lower tickets for "safety reasons", so now I don't know where to sit!

Having not sat in the West for a few years I can't remember if the concourses are shared? Can you not buy upper tier and then walk to lower?
  • Options
    I guess they know its easier to invade the pitch from the West Stand rather than the East... Always at the end of the season they have stewards who just sit on the concrete and ensure fans cant get on the pitch whereas you dont see it the other side as the West Stand is level with the pitch
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    JiMMy 85 said:

Safety reasons? So no one is allowed to set in there then? Of course not, they are just shit scared that someone will enter the directors box and have a word with her and him.

The easy answer is the pair of them not to turn up and open up the Lower Wesr as per normal.