Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC preparing for onslaught vs Burnley

Comments

• Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

Look on the Brightside - No Piss bombs on the top of your head from above!

This will also give those who prefer flares and smoke bombs a better reason to throw them from the upper tiers!

The have limited our Legal options but have made the Illegal actions seem more feasible!

IDIOTS!

Just imagine if a flare landed on the netting :smile:
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    MrLargo said:

Went on website as others have done, and unable to access the "Buy Tickets" page. Phoned the ticket office and was told that the server is down - they took my membership number and telephone number and will apparently be calling me back when it's up and running again.

Don't know anything about computers/IT - wouldn't the whole website be down if the server is down? Or is the rest of the site run off the Football League server? Either way, too much of a coincidence.

By the way, presume I'm not the only one who feels even more determined to ensure that Katrien & co have the most stressful 7 May possible.

I doubt if the server is down because the system presumably wouldn't be able to look up availability if it was. However, they seem to have broken it because neither Leeds nor season ticket transactions can complete either, based on a test (and I wasn't buying either, before anyone asks!).
  • Options

Markg2004 said:

If this is true those who have a season tickets in those seats should surely be told they aren't allowed in their seats and have been allocated others. Along with something extra for the inconvenience.

Yeah, food vouchers that get you nothing. We've had this all before!
    Oh yeah, forgot, last season. Has anyone who sits there been told yet?
    I sit there haven't heard anything
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Don't know anything about computers/IT - wouldn't the whole website be down if the server is down? Or is the rest of the site run off the Football League server? Either way, too much of a coincidence.

The system will have multiple servers so they've probably broken the back end database by fiddling with it for whatever reason.

This is what happens when the wrong system is implemented in the wrong way.
  • Options
    Charlton Ticket news on Twitter saying its back up and running.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

MrLargo said:

Went on website as others have done, and unable to access the "Buy Tickets" page. Phoned the ticket office and was told that the server is down - they took my membership number and telephone number and will apparently be calling me back when it's up and running again.

By the way, presume I'm not the only one who feels even more determined to ensure that Katrien & co have the most stressful 7 May possible.

I doubt if the server is down because the system presumably wouldn't be able to look up availability if it was. However, they seem to have broken it because neither Leeds nor season ticket transactions can complete either, based on a test (and I wasn't buying either, before anyone asks!).
    What actually happens when attempting to purchase a ticket? Is there any form of error, or does it just fail to load?

There are most likely only 2 or 3 systems involved in purchasing a ticket:

- The website;
    - The provider of seating availability;
    - The payment processing gateway.

The fact you're browsing the website proves that there's no issues there.

As Airman states, the fact you can view seating availability suggests that the provider of this data is working correctly. The main way of providing availability when external systems are unavailable is via a caching mechanism; which for real time data about the availability of seats would be utterly barmy.

The third part, the payment gateway, is used to transact financial data and as such is probably going to be the most reliable system out of the three. However I don't think Charlton does payment processing real time anyway - I know in previous seasons they've contacted me several days after my tickets had arrived to let me know there was an issue with the payment!

As such it seems quite likely that it's a feeble excuse by the club, and there's actually been manual intervention required to disable ticket purchases for a while.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    smiffyboy said:

Yeah it's working. Front 6 rows in North Lower unavailable though.
  • Options
    Sit in the east
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

That blows my dissection out of the water! I'm more curious as to what they'd buggered up with their computers now.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Thagda202 said:

MrLargo said:

The system will have multiple servers so they've probably broken the back end database by fiddling with it for whatever reason.

This is what happens when the wrong system is implemented in the wrong way.
    Do you mean they have taken out the USB lead and left it dangling down by the printer?
  • Options
    West lower still completely off sale
  • Options
    Site is back up. No West lower on offer. And no front of North Lower.
  • Options
    CatAddick said:

Right, looks like we're all off to the East Stand then.

Wouldn't be surprised if they also block season ticket holders changing their seat for this match too.
  • Options
    I guess they are going to also try and people going into the west as they did last match. But if enough of us do it they won't be able to stop us!

They can't close the exit gates for safety reasons. And it would take a lot of stewards to stop us. And they will need more stewards at front of stands so doubt they will have enough spare to block all the exits.

If people want to get in badly enough they will.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Stewards will probably block those in the north upper from going down to the lower as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CatAddick said:

No real surprise there, I wonder if you ring up to buy a ticket what they will say......
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

shirty5 said:

Essex_Al said:

Just to put some perspective into this, what the hell did you think the club were going to do?

The FA are obviously breathing down their necks and most likely wanting to know what security measures the club are putting in place to ensure the game against Burnley is not disrupted.

Do you actually believe they were going to let you all down the front and throw what you like onto the pitch? Do you actually believe they are going to sit back and just let you invade the pitch?

Some of you need a reality check!

Sorry fella, but they are making the situation worse if they go through with this. Moving people from their season ticket seats for starters.

If someone is that determined to get on the pitch then a bit of covering is not going to stop them. Also how is a bit of covering going to stop someone throwing an item on the pitch as well.
    I agree, it may well be making the situation worse, but my point was that you can't expect the club to sit back and be seen to do nothing!

There's been plenty of bravado on here over the last week, lets see how many make actually make it onto the pitch!
    You're quite right, Al. We're not the kind of supporters who would invade pitches. Or are we? In any case, the panic and disruption caused just by the threat of it is as valuable as if it were actually to happen. Which it might. Or not. Who can tell what might get into irate supporters' heads at the final game of the season?
  • Options

CatAddick said:

Right, looks like we're all off to the East Stand then.

Wouldn't be surprised if they also block season ticket holders changing their seat for this match too.
    I thought the hardcore had all transferred to "A block" anyway :smile:
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

I will have two spare season tickets for the Lower West if anyone is interested.

I am in a group of four so won't take you up on this. But I think someone should. And should be willing to confront the directors box again.
  • Options
    If I am reading this right, they are going to stop season ticket holders sitting in their usual seats, and they're going to try to make sterile some areas of the stadium.

I expect they will identify pinch points, and have a heavy presence of security at those points.

I have no idea how they intend to communicate this stuff to people. For a start they have to be able to contact each individual season ticket holder personally, I would say by direct telephone conversation, or by letter. Media announcements can't be said to be enough.

For a second, people will arrive with no knowledge about what is going on, genuine punters who have not kept themselves in the loop on all this, and they will have to be dealt with using courtesy, absolute clarity, crystal clear explanation, and an apology.

There is a lot of potential for filming everything, the ground looking like some kind of prison enclosure, specific interactions with staff and stewards and the like.

There is absolutely no need for lawbreaking or belligerence, because what appears to be being planned seems a recipe for disaster even with the most mild of supporters.

If you factor in any other restrictions, such as intensive searching, then it will be a problem exacerbated.

The costs must be racking up.

In other places I have tried to make a case for this game to proceed behind closed doors, and I would like to think the FA, The League, The Safety Authorities, The Police, Burnley, Charlton and the Media could make such a case too.

In one fell swoop such a decision would negate a lot of practical problems surrounding the day, but of course it would be an amazing precedent for a number of reasons.

Someone somewhere is looking at a lesser of two evils scenario, I hope that someone is competent.
  • Options
    Don't think they're going to move people in the Lower West, just won't be selling match tickets there - so you can't buy a ticket with the express intention of trying to get at the Director's Box, and I presume they are keeping their fingers crossed that Lower West season ticket holders are too civilised to try and mount an assault on Katrien and Co.

Lower North I'd be surprised if there's 200 season ticket holders in the front six rows - not a massive operation to move them (although I've no doubt they'll cock it up somehow).
  • Options
    Not exactly hard to get to the east stand from upper north if lower is blocked off.