Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC preparing for onslaught vs Burnley

Comments

• Options
    iamdan said:

@insideaddick - who are you? :smile:

Perhaps, having served his suspension, PL54 has returned? Although the initial post not up to his smarmy levels ...

There are a few people popping up who seem to want to stir up trouble about the Burnley game. Either Burnley fans trying to ensure the club ups the level of policing/stewarding, or employees of the club. But the latter would require some planning and cunning, not attributes much in evidence among the few remaining Meire loyalists.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Just to put some perspective into this, what the hell did you think the club were going to do?

The FA are obviously breathing down their necks and most likely wanting to know what security measures the club are putting in place to ensure the game against Burnley is not disrupted.

Do you actually believe they were going to let you all down the front and throw what you like onto the pitch? Do you actually believe they are going to sit back and just let you invade the pitch?

Some of you need a reality check!

Thought is was 'Rolands way or no way?'. So now it is 'Rolands way or The FA's way?!'.

Club need to be showing they are doing something of course. But surely the best way to counter the protesters is to find and deal with the root of the problems...something they seem to be oblivious too!

As Motta said: "We're not playing well and have been relegated, of course the fans are unhappy". Well done Motta, thats 100% why as fans we are protesting.

The FA needs to open it's eyes to reality and stop sweeping their mistakes under the carpet.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Essex_Al said:

Just to put some perspective into this, what the hell did you think the club were going to do?

The FA are obviously breathing down their necks and most likely wanting to know what security measures the club are putting in place to ensure the game against Burnley is not disrupted.

Do you actually believe they were going to let you all down the front and throw what you like onto the pitch? Do you actually believe they are going to sit back and just let you invade the pitch?

Sorry fella, but they are making the situation worse if they go through with this. Moving people from their season ticket seats for starters.

If someone is that determined to get on the pitch then a bit of covering is not going to stop them. Also how is a bit of covering going to stop someone throwing an item on the pitch as well.
    And if they are not looking to sell and therefore don't sell, then next season with protesting continuing and the Lower North being cheap (and busier?), they won't be able to block off the front 6 rows. So all round pointless task really.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:

The 400 million drawing pins I've ordered to pepper Floyd road and the surrounding areas should disrupt anyone getting into the ground.

Scatter them all around the burnley team coach
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Markg2004 said:

Essex_Al said:

Thought is was 'Rolands way or no way?'. So now it is 'Rolands way or The FA's way?!'.

Club need to be showing they are doing something of course. But surely the best way to counter the protesters is to find and deal with the root of the problems...something they seem to be oblivious too!

As Motta said: "We're not playing well and have been relegated, of course the fans are unhappy". Well done Motta, thats 100% why as fans we are protesting.

The FA needs to open it's eyes to reality and stop sweeping their mistakes under the carpet.
    I doubt they are oblivious to the problem - the issue is that for them, at the moment, there is no solution to the root cause. CARD and now the Trust have made it clear that the only solution is for RD to sell up - and at the moment he would appear not to be in the slightest bit interested.

He will sell, that's almost an inevitability, so we need to keep up the pressure until he does.
    If RD spoke to fans then maybe we can help a little We all want him to sell but until he does, getting rid of KM, TK and MA-M would be a start. But because he only listens to them, of course he is not going to know.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    bobmunro said:

Edit: Oh and us not playing well is NOT 100% of the reason we are protesting.

I know, I was being sarcastic...
  • Options
    Markg2004 said:

bobmunro said:

Markg2004 said:

Essex_Al said:

Edit: Oh and us not playing well is NOT 100% of the reason we are protesting.

I know, I was being sarcastic...
    Yes - and re-reading your post makes that obvious. My bad.
  • Options
    Markg2004 said:

shirty5 said:

Essex_Al said:

Sorry fella, but they are making the situation worse if they go through with this. Moving people from their season ticket seats for starters.

If someone is that determined to get on the pitch then a bit of covering is not going to stop them. Also how is a bit of covering going to stop someone throwing an item on the pitch as well.
    And if they are not looking to sell and therefore don't sell, then next season with protesting continuing and the Lower North being cheap (and busier?), they won't be able to block off the front 6 rows. So all round pointless task really.
    I thought you were all boycotting home games and only going away :wink:
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    WSS said:

The 400 million drawing pins I've ordered to pepper Floyd road and the surrounding areas should disrupt anyone getting into the ground.

Keep a few hundred back and toss them into the penalty area and there you have it bingo, game abandoned. Impossible to pick up and makes sliding tackles and goalkeepers diving very dangerous.

Caused havoc in a couple of stages of the Tour De France and those guys do not slide or dive on the ground.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Essex_Al said:

I agree, it may well be making the situation worse, but my point was that you can't expect the club to sit back and be seen to do nothing!

There's been plenty of bravado on here over the last week, lets see how many make actually make it onto the pitch!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder if the netting is fire proof? We have a lot of smokers in the upper north that can be a bit clumsy with their lighters so be careful lads :smile:
  • Options
    Maybe they're reserved for the celebrating Burnley fans
  • Options
    Maybe the Bournemouth fans want to sit behind the goal this time instead of up in the gods?
  • Options

But only the back row, enough for KM, RM and the security team...oh, and a man with a handheld camera in case, on the off chance, RM pipes up and does a one-man protest. KM needs evidence and video footage to identify him - which then leaves Tony Ballbags to ban him!
  • Options
    Markg2004 said:

But only the back row, enough for KM, RM and the security team...oh, and a man with a handheld camera in case, on the off chance, RM pipes up and does a one-man protest. KM needs evidence and video footage to identify him - which then leaves Tony Ballbags to ban him!

I expect Katrien sends the tapes of protests to the Met every Monday demanding action. She seems to think because Roland can bribe/strongarm the Belgian police that she has the same clout here.
  • Options
    I think the club have shot themselves in the foot with this one. If CARD keep the pressure on and the fun and games planned for the Burnley game can be arranged for the first home game of next season how is the netting going to pan out in the promoted cheap seats in the lower North?
  • Options
    Have now tweeted the Club's official Twitter and Ticket News accounts. Asking when they are planning on telling season ticket holders that their seats won't be available. No response.
  • Options
    Look on the Brightside - No Piss bombs on the top of your head from above!

This will also give those who prefer flares and smoke bombs a better reason to throw them from the upper tiers!

The have limited our Legal options but have made the Illegal actions seem more feasible!

IDIOTS!