Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Burnley Game

Charlton fans,

I'm a Burnley Season Ticket Holder of 30 years (I'm 37). I come in peace with a plea for help from the football community. I know you're suffering at the hands of nightmare owners. Thankfully, we've not felt that particular pain so far, but the way football is going, it's probably inevitable that it will happen to us during my lifetime. I totally support your protests, as I do with Blackpool fans' protests. This is the fans' game and when ownership threatens the fabric of our clubs, we have to stand up and demonstrate in a peaceful way to try and effect change and take our clubs back. I totally support all your peaceful action before, during and after our game on 7th May.

Anyway, the reason I'm here is not particularly to show solidarity (although I do feel it), it's to ask for your help. As I said, I'm a season ticket holder at Turf Moor, I go to most away games, although not as many as I did before my daughter came along and demanded my time. I've somehow missed out on tickets in our end for our game. Scandalous. I've called Burnley FC, they can't help me, they've asked for more tickets from Charlton but Charlton aren't interested in making a fast buck on this occasion. They must have more pressing concerns. I've tried talking to Charlton, to buy Charlton tickets in the home end, but I need a purchase history with them and I need to be a member, I have neither. I've tried the executive area, they are sold out.

Most would give up at this point, but I've never missed an important game. If this proves (please God) to be a game where we are crowned Champions, I need to be there. No discussion. I need to be there. I go to all the games with my brother Ben, he's also a family man, he says we could just watch Sky. I could not believe he said that. What has happened to him? He's given up...in many ways...he's given up. I've told him, I'm going to Charlton on the 7th May with or without him or a ticket. There must be a way of getting in. I got into Glastonbury for free by 'blagging' my way in but that was 20 years ago and I'm not so sure I'm quite as crafty now as I was then. Now who's giving up. So, my worst case scenario is to get the train down at 7am, with my brother in tow (I think I made him feel bad), get to Charlton for 11:30am and spend an hour trying to get in, somehow. Maybe the Stewards will take a bung? I did that at Oldham away once, it worked...but that was also 20 years ago.

Time to cut to the chase. I'm really hoping someone reading this, will think, 'I could buy that lad a couple of tickets for the game and meet him outside the ground before kick off. That would be a really nice thing to do. It would show that despite our suffering, we want to help our fellow fan, we're proper football fans and I'd like to think a Burnley fan would do the same for me in the same predicament. This good solid Burnley lad will reimburse my costs and maybe, he will buy me a drink(s) and chip into the Charlton supporters fund for future action against the current owners. Not only that, I'd feel good, he and his brother would feel great and football and the great name of Charlton Athletic Football Club would be the winners.'

Hopeful I know but I'd like to think I'd do the same for you...

Up The Clarets!
Duchatelet Out!

Comments

• edited April 2016
  • Not feeling the love. No swapsies thanks SouthWest_Addicks. That's I game I quite fancy myself, if we get to that.

C'mon, do something selfless, you never know you might like it...
  • Why would anyone want a ticket for an abandoned game? :wink:

On a side note, I notice no lower west tickets are on sale - surely we haven't sold out!!!
  • edited April 2016

Not feeling the love. No swapsies thanks SouthWest_Addicks. That's I game I quite fancy myself, if we get to that.

C'mon, do something selfless, you never know you might like it...

You do realise that the tickets can be traced back and one of us could get a banning order from the club..................Oh hang on a minute that's not a bad idea after all, alternatively I could invade the pitch. Let me think about it :wink: .
  • I think this is the sort of thread that needs a lot of memes posted, and at some stage someone posts "beyond parody....".
  • I appreciate tickets can be traced back RedChaser but I'm happy to give the tickets back when we get in and sit somewhere else in the stand so even if I was an idiot who would get in trouble (which I'm not), there'd be no link to the seat of my ticket or whoever buys it.
  • Sponsored links:

• If you're a season ticket holder that goes to most away games you should have got a ticket. No? For all we know you might have been banned for going to away games because you can't be trusted to behave yourself. What fool would buy you a ticket in their name?

However as those running out Charlton don't seem to have a clue how to run a football club there is a fair chance you will be able to buy a ticket on the day.
  • Thanks C4FC4L1f3, I've just called but Mandy isn't in today, she's hopefully back in tomorrow.

kings hill addick, I know, it's a trust thing. It's not a fool I'm looking for, it's someone who wants to help a fellow fan that I need. I've never been banned from anything in my life nor been in trouble with the police. I take your point, I would say that, but it's true. I missed out on tickets because they were in huge demand and we didn't get many, nothing to do with how many 'Clarets Points' I have.
  • edited April 2016
    There are so many empty seats that you will be able to buy a ticket behind the North Stand. I have bought tickets for a number of games this season on the day without any problems, ID etc. so not sure why the purchase history comes from. How can I prove to them on the day that I have supported the club for 35 years and used to be a season ticket holder for years. I have no tattoos ... but the depressed expression might help convince them I suppose? Just don't wear Burnley kit and smile sweetly.

The bad news is they seem unable to sell more than one ticket every few minutes, the turnstiles won't work first or second time (don't be alarmed) and you may be strip searched by an overzealous steward, so don't come with anything resembling a beech ball or Pinocchio mask. The good news is you will see the match and everyone will be having such a good time abusing the board and throwing sprouts/balls/animals onto the pitch that nobody will notice as you celebrate one of Burnley's five goals.

Enjoy.
  • mogodon said:

There are so many empty seats that you will be able to buy a ticket behind the North Stand. I have bought tickets for a number of games this season on the day without any problems, ID etc. so not sure why the purchase history comes from. How can I prove to them on the day that I have supported the club for 35 years and used to be a season ticket holder for years. I have no tattoos ... but the depressed expression might help convince them I suppose? Just don't wear Burnley kit and smile sweetly.

The bad news is they seem unable to sell more than one ticket every few minutes, the turnstiles won't work first or second time (don't be alarmed) and you may be strip searched by an overzealous steward, so don't come with anything resembling a beech ball or Pinocchio mask. The good news is you will see the match and everyone will be having such a good time abusing the board and throwing sprouts/balls/animals onto the pitch that nobody will notice as you celebrate one of Burnley's five goals.

Enjoy.

he'll need a red card number.
  • will you join in with the protests?
  • If you promise to thrown a freshly cooked lasagne in our CEO's face before the game, I'll have a think about letting you to borrow my TV to watch the C5 football tonight show. Get me a signed picture of Cain Dingle and I'll throw in the remote.

LOL
  • Sponsored links:

• Also if you don't mention me (Katrien) you wont stand a hope in hell!
  • mogodon - it's a long way to come to rely on that but it may come to it yet. I never wear colours. I can do depressed look, I still remember the old Fourth Division days - tough times.
    northstandsteve - As I tell my daughter regularly, in life there is good and bad everywhere, you should never judge a whole fanbase on a few morons who use football as an excuse to cause trouble. Likewise, I won't judge Charlton fans as all being unhelpful because I know there are plenty of decent Charlton fans who will give others a chance.
    ricky_otto - The lasagne might be cold by the time I get it down there and I'm not a fantastic throw but I'll have go. I'll struggle with Cain's autograph but I reckon I could get Zac's or maybe Chesny's from Coronation Street, maybe even both. I won't take you up on the C5 football tonight show though, I'd rather dig my kidneys out with a rusty spoon.
  • C4FC4L1f3 Thanks again, I will keep trying. I was expecting a fair bit of stick to be honest but I'll take that all day long if it works and I get into the game.
  • To be entirely honest, I feel for you mate - considering we shafted some of our own fans and gave Bournemouth an extra allocation last year I'm quite surprised too. Then again you're not collecting the trophy at the match either.

I would be tempted to provide you with a ticket myself, but as others have said - it's a bit of a gamble. I know this forum has helped out a few tourists and neutrals before, but an away fan is a bit more risky. (That said, there'll be so many spare seats that if you lost the ticket once you got in it would be very difficult to trace it back to anyone)

If anyone does want to take the chance, it's worth remembering that our home tickets can be printed at home.
  • You'll be able to get in if you pay on the day, 100%
  • You'll be able to get in if you pay on the day, 100%

Where though?
    however nice they might be i don't want them sitting next to me.
  • Ask around for spares on FB or the Burnley message boards. It's what happens when we have sold out away games which has hardly happened this season. I just think you'll find it difficult to get tickets in the home end here.
  • How about offering to help with our protests before any favours can be done.