Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The FA, the Football League and their investigations

Cannot believe the shamelessness of the FA and Football League (well... actually I can) and I have emailed the following to The FA, and CC'd the Football League and the IFO (chairman@thefa.com, Contact@theifo.co.uk, enquiries@football-league.co.uk)

Doubt it will make any difference, or even get a response, but if you fancy venting they may be a new channel beyond Ms. Meire and Mr. Rat. Will be posting via stamp and envelope tomorrow.

Sir

I was encouraged to discover earlier this week that the Football Association have, finally, decided to investigate the madness that we Charlton fans have endured since the takeover of our club by asset stripper and vulture capitalist Roland Duchâtelet.

That the FA has finally decided to act is of no surprise. The Football League will no doubt have been concerned that disruptions have dogged Charlton’s home matches against promotion contenders Middlesbrough and Brighton and Hove Albion. Given the remarkable, and wonderful, displays of solidarity shown by supporters from both clubs, the league must have prompted the FA to investigate the root causes of this anger at the running of one of their member clubs.
Unsurprisingly, this is not how you have elected to act. The FA has decided that instead of investigating the lies that have been told to the fans, the damage that has been done to the economy of South East London, the slurs and aspersions made about hard working paying supporters and the overall harm that has been done by this man to the game, you have decided to investigate us. The supporters.

Sorry: customers.

An FA spokesman has confirmed: “We are investigating this latest matter on the back of previous incidents. We had an FA crowd control advisor present at the game at the weekend.”

I am not writing to you today to direct your attention to our plight. It is on the public record and since you were represented at the match against Brighton, you would have had ample opportunity to discuss these concerns. Furthermore, one need only look at the damage that has been wrought in recent years by megalomaniac owners to historic clubs like Luton Town, Blackpool, Manchester United, Aston Villa, Newcastle, Hull City (Tigers), Birmingham City, Leeds United, Coventry City, Hereford United, Cardiff City, Wimbledon FC etc. to know that the leaders of the Association could not care less.

Except you do care. The win Brighton and Hove Albion chalked over Charlton, and with other results going their way, have set the Football League Championship with one hell of a final day. At the time of writing, the top three positions in the Championship are occupied by Burnley (87 points), Middlesbrough (87 points) and Brighton (87 points.) As if the drama wasn’t enough, the final fixture pits Borough against Albion. And Burnley against…. Charlton.

How unfortunate for you. Concerned about the damage to revenue our protests may cause, and the spotlight that will be shone on the protection you afford these tin pot owners, you, along with the football league, have begun to turn the screws. The hierarchy of Burnley, along with an appalling lack of solidarity from a number of their supporters, have begun speaking of their concern over the behaviour Charlton fans may display on the day. “What if the game cannot proceed? What if delays impact the final result? What if Charlton supporters expose us for the spineless football administrators we are? Why can’t they respect the league?”

I write to you today with a simple question: Why should we respect a league, and a Football Association, that allows the madness at Charlton to go on?

I also write today with a promise. I will deem not protesting fit and proper when I regard the league and FA’s person test to be just the same.

Until then see you next Saturday.

Bring your own beach ball.

Comments

• Options
    These words are so pertinent, - fantastic email worthy of a properly considered response.

• Options
    Superbly put together, hope you get the response it deserves. We have some great fans, if we all chip in as little as it may be (phone calls, letters, e-mails, contributing to protests), we can win this war.
  • Options
    Solid
  • Options
    One email is easy to ignore but if the email is copied pasted and sent in mass, then surely they are obliged to respond?
  • Options
    edited April 2016

One email is easy to ignore but if the email is copied pasted and sent in mass, then surely they are obliged to respond?

Spot on. Superb letter that needs sending to the relevant authorities over and over again.

I would be of the opinion to send that to the PFA and FMA as well.
  • Options
    Excellent work.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    lol! Your not going to get a proper response.

This is an FA that are refusing to allow the Man Utd / Chelsea games to be beamed back and shown live @ Leicester (for fans who cant get tickets at the actual grounds) because it means that SKY will lose out on money!!

Soon it'll be a case where if SKY want to show a game it has to be in an empty stadium with all fans watching via their Service!!
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I hope your going to send it via signed for delivery so then we know that the FA have received it.
  • Options
    Great work mate!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    great email, but just FYI you might want to edit the post... seems you've accidentally attached a screenshot of a wrong email