Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

this Mandy Anderson-Myers woman or whatever her name is

is really getting me annoyed and I've never even met her. My Mum rang Friday to say they had returned their season ticket forms but forgotten to put a cheque in so said can she, Mandy, look out for the forms and the cheque would follow. During this conversation she told them we hadn't been relegated yet (see other thread) and insisted Valley Express had nothing to do with Charlton. Weird (meaning unique). Today she rung them to say that she had received the form and yes there was no cheque included but that my Mum had filled out with her bank details, well she is 81, she forgets sometimes. However, my parents had not realised there was an early bird cut-off and so had not filled out the correct amount and that they would have to send the difference, ie £25 each. It was an honest mistake and the Club had received the form less than a week late and if they had know they would have returned the form earlier. Now, struggling to sell season tickets, needing to have some positive PR with the fans and knowing they are in their eighties, what would you have done?

Honest answers please.

Comments

• Options
    This is just disgraceful
  • Options

is really getting me annoyed and I've never even met her. My Mum rang Friday to say they had returned their season ticket forms but forgotten to put a cheque in so said can she, Mandy, look out for the forms and the cheque would follow. During this conversation she told them we hadn't been relegated yet (see other thread) and insisted Valley Express had nothing to do with Charlton. Weird (meaning unique). Today she rung them to say that she had received the form and yes there was no cheque included but that my Mum had filled out with her bank details, well she is 81, she forgets sometimes. However, my parents had not realised there was an early bird cut-off and so had not filled out the correct amount and that they would have to send the difference, ie £25 each. It was an honest mistake and the Club had received the form less than a week late and if they had know they would have returned the form earlier. Now, struggling to sell season tickets, needing to have some positive PR with the fans and knowing they are in their eighties, what would you have done?

Honest answers please.

Speechless on reading this

just.........................you know.................no cannot find the words which would suitably express the contempt I have for the current senior managerial team at the Club and some of their arse-licking employees - this story just beyond the pale!

• Options
    Whatever I was told to do as I wouldn't be able to make a decision like that on my own
  • Options
    The club that just keeps on giving. Personally if I were your my I'd tell them to poke their season ticket.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mogodon said:

The common sense/family club approach would be to check the individual's record and allow them the leeway. It's also good business, ie reward loyalty. But for the sake of the rules and £25 they have ensured at least two more fans are against them, and guaranteed some more adverse publicity. Well done. We know Meire cannot run a football club, but this kind of approach from her employees suggests she is not fit to run any organisation which has customers.

This, The club is unrecognisable to the club I grew up supporting.
  • Options
    Moronic. The lot of 'em and would not see a penny of my cash.#wontbebacktilltheyvegone
  • Options
    So are we all buying season tickets now? I told my wife that we were boycotting and she gave me a gleeful look that said it was Bluewater time? Cant wait to tell her that we are all buying again.
  • Options
    Hard-nosed, sensible business practice. The customer won't mess with Mandy again in a hurry.

(just kidding I don't need any more flags today)
  • Options
    mogodon said:

The common sense/family club approach would be to check the individual's record and allow them the leeway. It's also good business, ie reward loyalty. But for the sake of the rules and £25 they have ensured at least two more fans are against them, and guaranteed some more adverse publicity. Well done. We know Meire cannot run a football club, but this kind of approach from her employees suggests she is not fit to run any organisation which has customers.

This all day long. Check their records and purchase history, spot that it appears to be a genuine mistake and apply some leeway. They are purchasing a product i.e. a season ticket that cannot be used until August so time is not an issue when a genuine mistake is made.
  • Options

mogodon said:

This, The club is unrecognisable to the club I grew up supporting.
    I cannot believe I'm writing this but after Burnley I'm not sure I even want to go to The Valley again (after 54 years of fairly regular attendance) until the Club clears out root and branch all those who simply do not understand what it means to be a fan.

How much more pain can be inflicted?
    This latest incident smyptomatic of the detached, unfeeling, pure business-like/customer relationship. Don't engage with customers - just keep them in their place and treat them as a resource. Doesn't matter how long they have been coming here we do things our way now and they will just have to get used to it.

Charlton Athletic you should be ashamed......................yes, it is, totally unrecognisable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pinocchio will probably congratulate her and give her pay rise.
  • Options
    She is already on the sack list for new owners.
  • Options
    Are you sure what the incompetent tw*t said wasn't misinterpretated :)
  • Options
    Aside from pissing me off (again) this made me realise that Meire and the others are set for three months of calm at The Valley. God knows what damage they will wreak and how many of the few old-style staff will remain by August. What can we do to ensure she and her like have a miserable summer?
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Honest answers please.

Meire is on record as expressing contempt for both the history of the Club and 'older' supporters.

Anderson - Myers is therefore simply blindly 'following orders' from on high probably. That said, from what I have heard and read on here, she seems to be the type in her own right that would enjoy the anguish and distress of an elderly person.

If it was me I would look at the purchase history which would show many years of loyal support and just process it with the discount.

I'm not somebody starstruck and captivated by an arrogant, dishonest, contemptuous jumped up Belgian schoolgirl though.

EDIT: Hopefully @LouisMend or another journo will pick up on this.
  • Options
    Whilst not impolite, I would have expected the club to responded differently to me given my purchase history! It just feels like they don't care!
  • Options
    Yes, I know. Just doesn't feel a sustainable approach! By hey ho.