Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burnley Protests.

Comments

• Options

Can I make a request please?

For a cheap production product to throw on the pitch how about leaflets that are handed out with fold lines on the back to make a paper plane, should be easy enough to get them in the ground.

This is a great idea, didnt a paper plane thrown on the pitch from one end of a ground, hit some player at the half way line a couple of seasons ago. Went viral on you tube and made the national news bulletins. 20,000, some thrown every few minutes, would be fantastic and constant.

• Options

mogodon said:

Have some sympathy with Burnley fans. If the boot was on the other foot and we were, say, traveling to a club like Blackpool needing a win to go up, then we would be desperate for nothing to come between us and wining the game. Their reaction is understandable if slightly over the top in some instances.

I think we should unleash hell on May 7 while trying not to impact on the actual game ... so same level of disruption as before during the match, no pitch invasions etc. But outside the 90 minutes, we have three months of loathing to get across to Murray and Meire. Let's ruin their summer, not Burnley's

They've also got to realise though that had the protests not happened (i.e. the whistle that stopped Gaston Ramirez when he was clean through) we'd probably have lost against Middlesbrough which would leave Burnley and Brighton fighting it out for the final promotion spot with Middlesbrough three points clear at the top.

In a sense the boot is on the other foot because if we dont protest against Burnley then how is that fair on Middlesbrough and Brighton?
    I think we SHOULD protest, just as we have done in all of our home matches recently. Burnley's rivals have come to The Valley amidst protests, so Burnley will have to suck it up.

The only concern I have is that there have been people talking about getting the match abandoned, which I do not agree with.
  • Options
    Millions of sprouts - v healthy!
  • Options
    There were so many toilet rolls around at the Ajax v Groningen Dutch League match in April 2008 that not even an army of Andrex dogs could have dealt with them. So far, so good - perhaps even a tad amusing in fact. But then someone set fire to them and things became far from amusing with the referee being forced to abandon the match because of safety fears. The consequences of one stupid moment ....

just saying!
  • Options

If there is a chance of other games kicking off the second half later, just do the disruptions all in second half.

Brilliant idea! That won't be expected and upset sky/football league! Then do it all again in the 93rd minute so that the game gets awarded to but let (I've made an assumption that it will be 3-0 burnley by then)
  • Options
    We should also throw our Season Tickets onto the pitch
  • Options

I have some sympathy for the Burnley fans, who will have no real understanding of what is likely to happen, but I'm certain if the situation was reversed they'd do whatever they liked regardless of us. We're better than that.

What is your view on a match abandonment?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I have some sympathy for the Burnley fans, who will have no real understanding of what is likely to happen, but I'm certain if the situation was reversed they'd do whatever they liked regardless of us. We're better than that.

sorry but that has confused me, are we protesting or not?
  • Options
    We'll get plenty of coverage by delaying the kick off to the 2nd half for the entire championship programme. As they'll all need to kick off the same time. Everyone is in the same boat... in front of global TV audience
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

What is your view on a match abandonment?
    May be counter-productive.
  • Options

Can I make a request please?

If stuff is thrown on the pitch can it please not be anything that can cause harm, the smoke canister on Saturday was silly and could have hurt someone and the water bombs thrown from the upper tier wet people in the lower tier which wasn't pleasant given its not exactly hot weather. This is a shame because all other aspects of the protest were amazing.

Another March would be good but from a bit further away maybe from Charlton park or something?

For a cheap production product to throw on the pitch how about leaflets that are handed out with fold lines on the back to make a paper plane, should be easy enough to get them in the ground.

For post match protest make it more inviting have some refreshment stalls set up and give out free lollies to the kids and maybe do a balloon protest make the clean up bill higher or loads of black and white confetti also someone has to have "more than just a toy" playing through a megaphone.

I like the idea of this. Cheap and as effective if not more effective than balloons.
  • Options
    If we go over the top in the Burnley match (as in pitch invasions or abandonment) I suspect the main impact will be for us to lose a lot of the widespread public and media sympathy we have gained in recent months. It will also allow Roland and Squirrel Face to brand the protesters as people who don't care about the club and football etc.

We should cause chaos before and after the game (and that includes in the seconds before kick off), and make Meire and Murray's last public outings for three months a living hell (with usual bounds of decency).
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

I would have been fully supportive of not derailing Burnley's promotion bid.

But they copied us and took the excellent fan sofa idea, so lets get the game abandoned.

How about a targeted pitch invasion shortly before the start aimed at kidnapping the much-detested sofa?
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

There were so many toilet rolls around at the Ajax v Groningen Dutch League match in April 2008 that not even an army of Andrex dogs could have dealt with them. So far, so good - perhaps even a tad amusing in fact. But then someone set fire to them and things became far from amusing with the referee being forced to abandon the match because of safety fears. The consequences of one stupid moment ....

just saying!

That sounds like a threat?
  • Options

Can I make a request please? For a cheap production product to throw on the pitch how about leaflets that are handed out with fold lines on the back to make a paper plane, should be easy enough to get them in the ground. This is a great idea, didnt a paper plane thrown on the pitch from one end of a ground, hit some player at the half way line a couple of seasons ago. Went viral on you tube and made the national news bulletins. 20,000, some thrown every few minutes, would be fantastic and constant.

With all the ideas floating round, expect the stewarding to be verging on paranoia. Don't rule out metal detectors, body scanners and a 50-yard exclusion zone around the directors' box.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is the sofa nailed down? ...
  • Options
    With the FA opening an investigation into our recent protests I'm expecting the game to be played behind closed doors. Hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    Someone spray painting Roland Out on the sofa NWO style would be pretty hilarious.
  • Options

With the FA opening an investigation into our recent protests I'm expecting the game to be played behind closed doors. Hope I'm wrong.

They have to have real cause. Such measures in the past have been reserved for crowd violence and there has not been any. Nor has anyone (well ... almost nobody) come onto a playing area, thrown anything dangerous etc. Without cause, season-ticket holders could rightly demand compensation, plus the other clubs - particularly Boro - could claim that gave Burnley a massive advantage.

Just can't see it happening.
  • Options

Someone spray painting Roland Out on the sofa NWO style would be pretty hilarious.

Well aimed paint bomb (but needs to be accurate to avoid collateral damage) could render the sofa unfit for purpose (much like Meire herself)
  • Options

One thing that they can't stop people taking into the ground is their season ticket. It's the last game of the season so is not needed after entrance is gained. 10,000 season tickets being thrown on the pitch would be quite a symbolic gesture.
    Other than that stress balls or something similar being thrown on every 10 mins would be good.

I raised this earlier as a symbolic gesture. If not thrown on the pitch they could be left on the s/t holder's seat in an envelope addressed to Katrien. Simple and effective.