Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Burnley Protests.

Comments

• What are the consequences for an individual if there is a pitch invasion?
    How easy is it to get sufficient supporters onto the pitch.

Sitting down and linking arms works very well as it makes it very difficult for people to remove protestors, it also keeps it peaceful. For me, this seems the most logical thing to do, the game has to be halted. But I am not au fait with the issues involved.

If there's a mass pitch invasion it would make it much harder - don't see how the club could manage it. A banning order will hardly put a lot of people off and they can't arrest everyone.

Trouble is it just won't happen.
    Can someone clarify whether the "banning order" is implemented and enforced by by the owners of the football club? If so, then WTF it wouldn't deter many fans as the new owners has the opportunity to get the fans onside by scrapping this banning order...

• If there is an ongoing promotion/title race it would be unfair to try to get the match abandoned.

I disagree... what is unfair is that our once great club has been totally ruined !
  • cafc-west said:

Anyone any experience of drones? Looking on eBay you can get one for less than £100. Could one be flown into the stadium with that Roland balloon attached and hover just above the centre circle until its batteries went. That would get a lot of attention!

Would love to see that !
  • Be good to try and delay the first half for as long as possible. What would sky/the football league to about the start of the second half? Would they delay all kick offs so they go off at the same time? If so having 25 minute half times at brighton would get lots of coverage
  • Burnley could be promoted next Saturday.

The smoggies play Brighton on the last day so a very good chance our game will be academic.

But the title will be up for grabs and Sky will focus on that.
  • If the game gets abandoned, and burnley get handed a 3-0 win, and that stopped Brighton going up would be a nice way to repay them for yesterday.
  • If the game gets abandoned, and burnley get handed a 3-0 win, and that stopped Brighton going up would be a nice way to repay them for yesterday.

Won't happen. Games replayed.
  • vffvff
    edited April 2016

If the game gets abandoned, and burnley get handed a 3-0 win, and that stopped Brighton going up would be a nice way to repay them for yesterday.

The game would be replayed. The league hand out 3-0 away victories in circumstances where no promotion / relegation issues are decided. I think when Blackpool invaded the pitch last season, it was awarded 3-0 to the away team and not replayed. Brighton would definitely insist on the game being replayed in the instance of an abandonment.

Teixeira was told that he couldn't go on his holiday for week after the season ends shows that the club may have completed some pre-planning (first time for everything). The match would be replayed. It would be difficult to stop sustained low level interruptions during the game or a sustained pitch incursion. Though, I am doubtful that a pitch incursion during the match is likely, after the last protestor was hung out to dry.

Another sustained, entertaining, angry and large protest would get good coverage. It would drive home the point internationally as well as to how badly Duchatelet has wrecked the club and the supporter relationship.
  • Sponsored links:

• I was at the front yesterday. Spoke to a steward who was an ok bloke I mentioned a pitch invisaion he said if only 10 or 20 of you went on you would probably get banned but if a thousand went on they been told to leave us be.
  • angrybird said:

cafc-west said:

Anyone any experience of drones? Looking on eBay you can get one for less than £100. Could one be flown into the stadium with that Roland balloon attached and hover just above the centre circle until its batteries went. That would get a lot of attention!

Would love to see that !
    Would love that , would be good to fill the massive ballon and somehow pop it , releasing lots of items onto the pitch!
  • If there is an ongoing promotion/title race it would be unfair to try to get the match abandoned.

I genuinely don't care - this is bigger than that. The future of the club is at stake and the game will be replayed anyway.

Half-hearted or polite protests sadly don't work as they just get ignored.

Milllll would have got the c**** out by now.
  • I was at the front yesterday. Spoke to a steward who was an ok bloke I mentioned a pitch invisaion he said if only 10 or 20 of you went on you would probably get banned but if a thousand went on they been told to leave us be.

Let's get the game abandoned

Getting the game abandoned will lose the campaign precious sympathy and support from those outside the Charlton family who have supported the campaign, fellow football supporters and the media. A more sensible solution, if match disruption is the tactic, then delay the initial match stoppage from early first half to midway and then repeat two or three times .. just taking it to the edge of an abandonment. Throwing sprouts sounds like a good fun idea unless someone gets hit in the eye in the Lower North from a sprout thrown from the Upper North (Sue on Charlton Live complained that a stress ball hurt when it hit her and they are spongy). IF there is going to be match disruption then keep it creative, and keep the humour, if there is a pitch invasion keep it till the final whistle, but be prepared to be attacked by Burnley supporters.
  • Kap10 said:

If the game gets abandoned, and burnley get handed a 3-0 win, and that stopped Brighton going up would be a nice way to repay them for yesterday.

Getting the game abandoned will lose the campaign precious sympathy and support from those outside the Charlton family who have supported the campaign, fellow football supporters and the media.
    Agree - Blackpool got good publicity because the game didn't matter.

Delay yes, get cancelled no.
  • Kap10 said:

Getting the game abandoned will lose the campaign precious sympathy and support from those outside the Charlton family who have supported the campaign, fellow football supporters and the media. A more sensible solution, if match disruption is the tactic, then delay the initial match stoppage from early first half to midway and then repeat two or three times .. just taking it to the edge of an abandonment. Throwing sprouts sounds like a good fun idea unless someone gets hit in the eye in the Lower North from a sprout thrown from the Upper North (Sue on Charlton Live complained that a stress ball hurt when it hit her and they are spongy). IF there is going to be match disruption then keep it creative, and keep the humour, if there is a pitch invasion keep it till the final whistle, but be prepared to be attacked by Burnley supporters.
    Pitch invasions are common at the end of the season at most clubs. Won't even be acknowledged.
  • Firstly, massive well done to everyone yesterday. The protests were well done, legal and got the media coverage we dearly need. Moving onto the Burnley game we need more of the same but as others have suggested it would be brilliant if we could sustain it throughout the game, perhaps a disruption every 15 minutes or so.

Finally, I would suggest using something slightly heavier than balloons as very few, if indeed any actually landed on the pitch when compared with the beach balls or stress balls.
  • Sponsored links:

• Firstly, massive well done to everyone yesterday. The protests were well done, legal and got the media coverage we dearly need. Moving onto the Burnley game we need more of the same but as others have suggested it would be brilliant if we could sustain it throughout the game, perhaps a disruption every 15 minutes or so.

Finally, I would suggest using something slightly heavier than balloons as very few, if indeed any actually landed on the pitch when compared with the beach balls or stress balls.

Just been to Sainsbury's and they are selling sprouts for 20p a kilo.
  • How about those small bouncy balls.. easy to get in and difficult to clear up thousands of them !?
  • We need something which will take as long as possible to clear up
  • If Burnley fans kick off and start trashing the away end in anger at our antics, all the better. If they rip up all the seats and smash everything it is more cost to Roly, plus they would lose the moral high ground.
  • Let's not just rely on CARD. Buy stress balls, balloons, bouncy balls, whatever you fancy and let's share the goods out before the game. And donate to the fund again, if you can. Having the arms to do something every ten minutes will take some doing! Our record is a 6 minute delay. For Burnley, let's make sure all the other seconds halves are kicking off before we reach the 40 minute mark.

Random inflatables!
  • edited April 2016
    vff said:

The game would be replayed. The league hand out 3-0 away victories in circumstances where no promotion / relegation issues are decided. I think when Blackpool invaded the pitch last season, it was awarded 3-0 to the away team and not replayed. Brighton would definitely insist on the game being replayed in the instance of an abandonment.

Teixeira was told that he couldn't go on his holiday for week after the season ends shows that the club may have completed some pre-planning (first time for everything). The match would be replayed. It would be difficult to stop sustained low level interruptions during the game or a sustained pitch incursion. Though, I am doubtful that a pitch incursion during the match is likely, after the last protestor was hung out to dry.

Another sustained, entertaining, angry and large protest would get good coverage. It would drive home the point internationally as well as to how badly Duchatelet has wrecked the club and the supporter relationship.
    My issue is that in two different games, the outcomes could be completely different. Burnley may turn up raring to go and ready mentally for the last game of the season. The match being abandoned and having to be squeezed in at some other time could have a negative affect on them. I do not think it's fair.

I know many may not share this opinion, but as I said above, think if the roles were reversed, would WE think it was fair for an opponent's fans to get a match abandoned if it was crucial to our chances to win a title or secure promotion? I would suggest that the vast majority of Charlton fans would not be impressed at the prospect.