Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burnley Protests.

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2016
    It needs one of two.

Well timed singular (or double, treble) throws near a goal - during each attack towards said goal with an object big enough to get in the way/cause obstruction/enough distraction.

Or a mass object collection on the pitch that is simply unclearable in 10-15mins.. slightly opened bulk bags of safety pins or the like.

I sense chaos for the Burnley match; it will be the epitomy of all anger. Fans who won't be at the Valley again until they sell up, they won't be 'going quietly' . It's a shame it's against a team battling for PL, but what can you do? This is more serious than any short term promotion or relegation.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    LOTTERY BALLS !!!

Life under Roland is a lottery, so a symbolic gesture would be to throw lottery balls on the pitch.

Print various numbers on the balls, (i.e, the time to throw them) and lob them on accordingly. Disrupt the entire game many many many times. You have to make it idiot proof or everyone will just lob them on at the beginning.

LOTTERY BALLS

• Options
    you can make all sorts of aero-dynamic objects from duct tape

• Options
    If you want the game not to finish, a few people of the pitch at halftime, where they empty boxes of drawing pins around the pitch, will do the trick.
  • Options
    Any delays suit Burnley as they will know the other score/result in advance. If we delay the first half I wonder if they would hold back the start of boro/Brighton 2nd half.
  • Options

Any delays suit Burnley as they will know the other score/result in advance. If we delay the first half I wonder if they would hold back the start of boro/Brighton 2nd half.

Personally I reckon they would hold that game, as they would complain that Burnley would have an unfair advantage. A long delay that takes the game pass 3pm, would screw up sky's coverage.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brussels sprouts would be great as it's difficult to see, a pain to remove in the thousands and it's a real danger to the players. But I suspect that the referee will abandon the game if it's out of control and then the impact of the protest will be greater as Burnley needs the three points and the Football League wouldn't want any disruption to the play-offs schedule... image
  • Options
    A serious point, great having protests but get better knowledge of the security than mine. Make sure protest items get into the ground. The searching re the stress balls was thorough.
    Maybe some legal advice as to what type of search is allowed.
  • Options
    We should do what suits us because Burnley might be more or less assured of promotion by then anyway if Boro and Brighton drop points in tough games next week.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited April 2016
    I was not enthusiastic about attending the last match to see someone else promotion party, but a sustained intermittent, entertaining and funny protest would help myself and others to reconsider. I am not renewing my season ticket under Duchatelet and Meire, I would like to see it being made really clear to Duchatelet that his time at the club has got to come to an end. Alongside the anger, it would be important to remember well observed and good sharp humour helps the impact of the message.
  • Options
    If the game was abandoned do Burnley get the points?
  • Options
    What are the consequences for an individual if there is a pitch invasion?
    How easy is it to get sufficient supporters onto the pitch.

Sitting down and linking arms works very well as it makes it very difficult for people to remove protestors, it also keeps it peaceful. For me, this seems the most logical thing to do, the game has to be halted. But I am not au fait with the issues involved.
  • Options

If the game was abandoned do Burnley get the points?

According to the players they have been told, that a replay will be played behind closed doors.
  • Options
    I can see a lot of west lower tix being bought for one last time!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vff said:

I was not enthusiastic about attending the last match to see someone else promotion party, but a sustained intermittent, entertaining and funny protest would help myself and others to reconsider. I am not renewing my season ticket under Duchatelet and Meire, I would like to see it being made really clear to Duchatelet that his time at the club has got to come to an end. Alongside the anger, it would be important to remember well observed and good sharp humour helps the impact of the message.

same here, i wasn't going to attend but now I've reconsiderd and I'll be there with my boy and his mates.
  • Options
    CafcSteve said:

Will be great to annoy Joey Barton.

I think Joey would actually get the protests but not sure how he'd respond.

• Options
    Burnley could be promoted next Saturday.

The smoggies play Brighton on the last day so a very good chance our game will be academic.
  • Options

What are the consequences for an individual if there is a pitch invasion?
    How easy is it to get sufficient supporters onto the pitch.

Sitting down and linking arms works very well as it makes it very difficult for people to remove protestors, it also keeps it peaceful. For me, this seems the most logical thing to do, the game has to be halted. But I am not au fait with the issues involved.

If there's a mass pitch invasion it would make it much harder - don't see how the club could manage it. A banning order will hardly put a lot of people off and they can't arrest everyone.

Trouble is it just won't happen.
  • Options

It needs one of two.

Well timed singular (or double, treble) throws near a goal - during each attack towards said goal with an object big enough to get in the way/cause obstruction/enough distraction.

Or a mass object collection on the pitch that is simply unclearable in 10-15mins.. slightly opened bulk bags of safety pins or the like.

I sense chaos for the Burnley match; it will be the epitomy of all anger. Fans who won't be at the Valley again until they sell up, they won't be 'going quietly' . It's a shame it's against a team battling for PL, but what can you do? This is more serious than any short term promotion or relegation.

I think we are in a much worse state than when we left The Valley in '85.

If squirrel face is still around in August I seriously fear for our future, it's bad enough as it is.
  • Options

The last game is about Charlton not Burnley - our future is more important than their promotion fight. This has gone beyond football....

The football has been irrelevant since the Peeters sacking fiasco, just a shame it has taken so long for people to realise it.
  • Options

If there is an ongoing promotion/title race it would be unfair to try to get the match abandoned.

I genuinely don't care - this is bigger than that. The future of the club is at stake and the game will be replayed anyway.

Half-hearted or polite protests sadly don't work as they just get ignored.

Milllll would have got the c**** out by now.
  • Options

JorgeC said:

Brussels sprouts has to be the way forward. The stewards were prepared with cocktail sticks and Stanley knifes. Sprouts every ten minutes. Great support from all charlton fans today

cooked or uncooked?
    Salted or with a knob of butter?
    Cross the stems or uncrossed?