Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Valley Flags Campaign: Designs

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
If you haven't donated to the Valley Flags Campaign, please do so. This is really a chance for us supporters to do something for ourselves. Let's see if we can generate some good ideas in this thread to put forward, as you never know, there may be a Charlton Life-er's design picked to hang at The Valley every match day.

They are starting to think about designs, as it says on the website:

Designs, right this is over to you, we need some designs for the overhead flag, so get your pencils out and start working on them, we need two designs. 1. For a 6 x 3 vertical banner which will probably be hung from the back of the North Upper, so the design needs to be simple, and something which can be seen from the East/West Stands. 2. For a 10 x 8 overhead banner, anything goes here as long as it's legal, is it something to do with the clubs history? or something recent?

I personally, really like the idea of the Burro Killer design, so I hope that gets serious consideration. But I've had a go at an initial design for the 6 x 3 vertical banner, under the motto "Live by the Sword." I've tried different styles to the same design, so I thought I'd start this Discussion on various designs. It doesn't say what materials will be used, or how it's stiched/printed etc. so I've just gone ahead and made a design. I haven't emailed it in, I thought I'd put it on here for discussion first.

What do you think?

By the Sword Simple

(Above) Black, simple design.

By the Sword Stripes

(Above) Black with stripes, which run the length (red stripes too). The stripes are supposed to be like the shimmery fabric on football shirts, but whether this is possible, I don't know.Personally, I like this best. Maybe the stripes can just be printed, I don't know.

By the Sword Black Stripes

(Above) Black stripes, but no red stripes.

By the Sword Red Stripes

(Above) In red, with stripes.

By the Sword Blood

(Above) A bit of blood... (joke)

I have no idea what is possible and what is not, in terms of making and paying for the banner, but I think these designs are simple and effective enough to work with. Is the basic design possible? Does the "Live by the Sword" text work as a rallying call?

Have you got any designs or ideas?

Comments

• Options
    LOL, i can just see Greenwich council passing approval for the blood one !!

Are we gonna twin ourselves with the Turks as well ?
  • Options
    don't think the last one approves with the pc image of our club somehow
  • Options
    Make em Vertical, and I think we could do something with them.
  • Options
    Have a picture of Ken Livingstone on the end of the sword
  • Options
    Rothko, they are vertical aren't they? What do you mean?
  • Options
    Feck, em, I'll change that tonight, Horizontal is what I should have put! hehe the space their going in needs them to be horizontal.

I need a sub editor!
  • Options
    LOL! I think horizontal would have made my life easier, as it was difficult to get it to fit in the vertical shape. I'll re-jig it tonight and see how it looks.
  • Options
    Whatever happened to the Valley Flags campaign?

I remember some flags were taken down and replaced with new ones and there was meant to be some kind of rotation but i don't think any of them have ever reappeared eg: the Mendonca Rufus Play off final one.