Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Evans Conviction overturned (ed. signs for Chesterfield)

Comments

• Haha, you and me both mate. But in all seriousness Evans didn't "pull"" her, he used her.
  • I always thought that Evans was an Accident waiting to happen when he shot his Landlady's Son back in his Man City days.

I have no idea if he is guilty of the Rape charge,
    (i wasn't their unlike some of you)
    But the "hang The dirty Bastard or lock'em up and throw away the key Brigade" always confuse me because if he is found not guilty at the Retrial,
    then the above sentiments should be retracted ?

If he is found guilty for a second time i guess you can repeat them again !

Being immoral doesn't make you guilty.
  • red_murph said:
    Why ... What happens if he wins his appeal?
  • red_murph said:
    Is that who you'd like to see play against him?
  • Here we go again!!!!
  • Surprised they want to sign a guy who hasn't played in four years and will have a rape retrial hanging over him.
  • red_murph said:
    Would you want him playing for Charlton?

• Sponsored links:

• Shame on them
  • Surprised they want to sign a guy who hasn't played in four years and will have a rape retrial hanging over him.

wonder if anyone other than Chesterfield will be paying his wages?
  • edited June 2016
    If he has not committed the crime, good luck to him, hope he can scrape his career back together for the last couple of years.

If he has committed the crime I hope they cancel the contract and that he serves the rest of his sentence, plus a few more for having the cheek to challenge it.
  • edited June 2016
    red_murph said:

red_murph said:

If he's innocent and remembers where the goal is then yes!!.

If he was innocent all along then him being put away was the reason Charlton strolled to the title and saw Sheffield United fail to go up so if he still has the fitnees and that knack of knowing where the goal is he'll be one of the best Free Transfers in the League this season.

Lee Hughes was in a similar situation in terms of going to prison (manslaughter)... Went back into Football and did an excellent job when it came to scoring for Oldham / Notts County / Port Vale so see Evans being no different in that respect.
  • Dazzler21 said:

If he has not committed the crime, good luck to him, hope he can scrape his career back together for the last couple of years.

If he has committed the crime I hope they cancel the contract and that he serves the rest of his sentence, plus a few more for having the cheek to challenge it.

If Chesterfield dont have a Clause in his Contract that says they can cancel his Contract after October then I'd be very surprised.
  • MrLargo said:

Yuk. At least we haven't signed him.

Guilty or not, any bloke who climbs through a hotel window to have it off with someone that one of his mates has just done is probably not the kind of the bloke you want at the Junior Reds Christmas Party.

Spot on Mr Largo what sort of message is that sending to our children..........................climbing through windows is dangerous so use the door!!! :smile:
  • edited June 2016

red_murph said:

red_murph said:

If he was innocent all along then him being put away was the reason Charlton strolled to the title and saw Sheffield United fail to go up so if he still has the fitnees and that knack of knowing where the goal is he'll be one of the best Free Transfers in the League this season
    Fair enough.

Personally no way I could watch a Charlton team with him in the side.

Just seen the other bit about Lee Hughes, wouldn't want him near us either.
  • edited June 2016
    red_murph said:

red_murph said:

Absolutely, he's class in this league
  • red_murph said:

red_murph said:

red_murph said:

If he was innocent all along then him being put away was the reason Charlton strolled to the title and saw Sheffield United fail to go up so if he still has the fitnees and that knack of knowing where the goal is he'll be one of the best Free Transfers in the League this season
    Fair enough.

Why not though...?

I agree with you, if he's guilty of the offence I'd never want to see him in a Charlton shirt but if he's innocent...
  • Sponsored links:

• Understandably not happy on the Chesterfield forum (keeps crashing so obviously lots of people gauging their reaction). Seems like they are not particularly happy with the way their club is being run (prior to this happening).

His father in law is paying his wages I reckon.

I've read that he's going to be on less than £2k per week.

No doubt accepting a piddly wage to rejoin any club and then will show how much he's worth on the pitch
  • red_murph said:

red_murph said:

red_murph said:

Fair enough.

Why not though...?

I agree with you, if he's guilty of the offence I'd never want to see him in a Charlton shirt but if he's innocent...
    As Mr Largo said above. At best he climbed through a hotel bedroom window to have sex with a woman who had just been with one of his team mates. Salt of the earth.

Anyway, that's me out. Off to buy some popcorn.
  • I'm astonished that someone would sign him before his retrial.
  • MrLargo said:

Yuk. At least we haven't signed him.

Guilty or not, any bloke who climbs through a hotel window to have it off with someone that one of his mates has just done is probably not the kind of the bloke you want at the Junior Reds Christmas Party.

Agreed. And he had a girlfriend waiting at home too. How many people on here would welcome him into your home if he was with your daughter?
  • I'm astonished that someone would sign him before his retrial.

Not really... Bout 10-games before October, meaning that Chesterfield could get around 20-points due to his goals, either they keep him past October because he wins his appeal or he loses his appeal and they lose his goals in future matches.

The difficulty will be if they start well and lose him because come October they wont be able to replace him until January because the emergency loan window doesnt exist anymore.
  • I think it is quite unique (meaning weird) that a club would sign him before the appeal decision. Why risk putting the club in that situation if the appeal is unsuccessful.