Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Evans Conviction overturned (ed. signs for Chesterfield)

Comments

• Options
    'like you'
  • Options
    Sometimes it's just better to say nothing, and this is a perfect example. After my previous couple of comments about this I so wish he didn't do this
  • Options
    Being distrustful of people whose eyes are too close together is a heuristic rule which has rarely let me down....
  • Options
    Is Evans a total ignoramus.

After past events I would have thought he'd keep his beak shut.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Well judged Ched. Next he'll be ripping off his jersey and displaying a 'this is what a feminist looks like' t-shirt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I see Evans set up 2 goals for Sheff U tonight.
  • Options
    Injured atm, bit before then he hasnt even been on the bench for sheffield united since september.
    0 goals in 7 games clearly not championship ready but bangs them in league 1.

So the big question is now his conviction has been overturned should he become availble on loan or a cheap transfer would u take him
  • Options
    Shall we just not do this unless it becomes an actual rumour?
  • Options
    Yes I would, not right for his life to be ruined by a conviction which has been overturned legally.
  • Options
    No way.
  • Options

Shall we just not do this unless it becomes an actual rumour?

or imminent
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No. Far too much 'baggage'. Whatever you think about the court case he's going to attract media attention for the rest of his career. He's past his best now.
  • Options
    If you look at his stats he has had just one good season - the year Sheffield United managed 90 points and scored 92 goals - the same as they scored last season winning the title at a canter.

In fact he scored more than half of his career goals in that season in a very good side that scored ten more goals that the Champions that finished with a record points haul that season.

Maybe it's all down to him but maybe that side just had goals in it. Either way he doesn't give the impression, to me, that he is going to score many goals so even if he didn't have this cloud over him I'd be tempted to pass.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

If you look at his stats he has had just one good season - the year Sheffield United managed 90 points and scored 92 goals - the same as they scored last season winning the title at a canter.

In fact he scored more than half of his career goals in that season in a very good side that scored ten more goals that the Champions that finished with a record points haul that season.

Maybe it's all down to him but maybe that side just had goals in it. Either way he doesn't give the impression, to me, that he is going to score many goals so even if he didn't have this cloud over him I'd be tempted to pass.

It's a good point, I was under the impression that his record at Chesterfield was decent but 5 in 25 in League One is nothing to write home about.

One good season, six years ago, it's a "no" from me for purely football reasons.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47886412
    https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/10/ched-evans-accepts-nearly-800000-settlement-rape-case-handling-9158540/

Interesting that Evans has reached an out of court settlement with his lawyers from the original case, with them paying him 800k despite the lawyers saying his case against them was entirely without merit...
  • Options
    So why pay him the cash then if they had no doubt they were going to win...?
  • Options
    So why pay him the cash then if they had no doubt they were going to win...?
    To avoid any liability and confession of incompetence etc
  • Options
    Guilty/not guilty, he’s still a scumbag.

Speaking of scum