Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Igor Vetokele - Relegation Clause = Free Transfer This Summer

Belgian journalist Sven Claes is reporting that Igor has a clause that will see him leave on a free now that we are down. €3m spent on a transfer fee.

If this is true then Meire has hit a new low.

Unbelievable.

Comments

• Fucking circus.
  • I am sure Roland will forgive her losing E3m for him. Ha ha.
  • Let's hope Johnson's got one as well.
  • If this is true for a £3m player it is an incredible development - maybe we need to see it confirmed.
  • Having a release clause is not unusual, but on a free, who the fook thought it was a good idea to put that in?

Don't tell me, I know the answer.
  • The perils of Katrien doing all player negotiations via texts and Facebook messenger...
  • Now there's an incentive for a player to get relegated. Easy way of earning a "golden welcome".
  • Sponsored links:

• If this is true for a £3m player it is an incredible development - maybe we need to see it confirmed.

€3m not £3m. Claes is a decent source I'd say. Worth a follow on Twitter as he is saying he is expecting to interview Meire this week.

• edited April 2016
    Might explain why he missed that good chance at QPR just before they got the winner!!!!!
  • If this is serious then theyve hit a new fucking low... Circus.
  • Cost per goal would be interesting.
  • The players agents must just love Pinocchio.

PLEASE, just go back to Belgium you worthless bint.
  • The worry for me is how many of the other "high profile" "high value" players have something similar? No-one expected JBG to sign a long deal, wouldn't be surprised if he had a similar agreement, same goes for Cousins and Teixera.

Couple that with the likes of Sarr on long term deals then the bloodbath that could occur over the summer doesn't bare thinking about.
  • Hopefully the likes of Sarr and Ba also have similar clauses.
  • Bet he's relieved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Let me spin it this way.......On the bright side Roland does not get any money for him..

I thought exactly the same :) the more cash he looses the better!!
  • edited April 2016
    I could not understand the reported lack of fight on the pitch lately when points were so vital (particularly the last game against Bolton). I do hope other players are not on similar contracts. After all, who in their right mind would want to play under this poisonous weird regime? Another huge clanger for our joke of a CEO.
  • No wonder everything's 'undisclosed' to cover up their Rubbish negotiating skills.
  • Let me spin it this way.......On the bright side Roland does not get any money for him..

It's just more debt for the club that we can't recoup. This 3 million euros is what Katrien would deem as "investment" in the club but in reality it's a further 3 million euros we owe him (plus interest).

At the very least this is the sort of thing that drives us the asking price for the club.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

Let me spin it this way.......On the bright side Roland does not get any money for him..

Perhaps Katrien Meire will finally get the fucking sack after losing EUR 3,000,000 of skinflint Duchatelet's money. Awesome contract negotiations Kat, you drooling halfwit!
  • RedPanda said:

Let me spin it this way.......On the bright side Roland does not get any money for him..

It's just more debt for the club that we can't recoup. This 3 million euros is what Katrien would deem as "investment" in the club but in reality it's a further 3 million euros we owe him (plus interest).

At the very least this is the sort of thing that drives us the asking price for the club.
    This is the real issue.
  • Missed It said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Perhaps Katrien Meire will finally get the fucking sack after losing EUR 3,000,000 of skinflint Duchatelet's money. Awesome contract negotiations Kat, you drooling halfwit!
    You do not think for one minute RD allowed KM to negotiate a contract worth 3m euros without consulting him do you?
  • edited April 2016
    RedPanda said:

He can load up the debt as much as he wants no one in their right mind is going to pay anywhere near the £38m he purportedly wants, so the level of write off is getting bigger all the time.