Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where did it all go wrong?

The Guardian are currently running an article inviting fans of teams below the Premier League to write in about where their season went wrong, who they blame and whether there's any optimism about it getting better. Could be a great opportunity to get some more mainstream exposure. There's a lot of great articles that get posted on here about our situation so I'm sure there will be plenty interested in filling this out

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/20/i-know-who-i-blame

Comments

• Options

When Albert Glickstein died.

• Options
    An interesting idea.

I would say it went wrong the day Roland thought he knew more about what players were right for Charlton then Chris Powell and his team.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    The day, when we were in the premiership, that they decided to put the ground expansion on hold. We were never going to be able to compete with our capacity and would only ever be treading water with an occasionally good season if we were lucky and most likely relegation would be the outcome sooner or later. Once the parachute money is spent, clubs relegated from the premiership are screwed, basically
  • Options
    Ross said:

Dazzler21 said:
    Outgoing Chairman Michael Slater, who will step down from the board after a short handover period, added: “In every important respect we leave the club in a far better state than when we took over three years ago, but now is the time to pass the baton to Roland who has a proven track record of success in business and football.

“We believe we have found an investor with extensive knowledge of football who is well placed to stabilize the club in the Championship and help the club to develop on a sensible commercial basis”.

You lying bastard Michael Slater.
  • Options
    Not holding Curbs to his final year and giving him an able Deputy to bring up to speed, ready to take over.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Ross said:

Dazzler21 said:
    Outgoing Chairman Michael Slater, who will step down from the board after a short handover period, added: “In every important respect we leave the club in a far better state than when we took over three years ago, but now is the time to pass the baton to Roland who has a proven track record of success in business and football.

“We believe we have found an investor with extensive knowledge of football who is well placed to stabilize the club in the Championship and help the club to develop on a sensible commercial basis who has agreed to a price that we can't believe and we're biting his hand off”.

Fixed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As much as it's tempting to look a long way back I think they're only interested in what went wrong this season. The answer being everything obviously
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I sent them a response. I will admit, it's not very pro-Roland.
  • Options
    The day Richard Murrary didn't beg for curbs to stay for one more season.
  • Options
    We all know that letting Curbs go and giving that complete fuckwit Ian Dowie the reigns and a lorry load of cake were the catalyst. Since then we have had 1 promotion sandwiched in between 2 relegations and have seen us run by a couple of dodge pots followed by an oddball and his sidekick.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

We all know that letting Curbs go and giving that complete fuckwit Ian Dowie the reigns and a lorry load of cake were the catalyst. Since then we have had 1 promotion sandwiched in between 2 relegations and have seen us run by a couple of dodge pots followed by an oddball and his sidekick.

3 relegations.
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

1StevieG said:

3 relegations.
    I stand corrected.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

johnny73 said:

1StevieG said:

3 relegations.
    I stand corrected.
    I really wish it was just the two.
  • Options
    The appointment of Ian Dowie.

Not forgetting the small matter of coming from 'them', we should have been able to appoint someone of more experience having had the previous 6 years out of 7 in the Premier League.

I was at a Bromley meeting no more than 4 weeks after Curbishley left and Murray was the speaker. He insinuated that Gullit and George Graham had applied for the job.

The rest is history, this is where it went all up the shitter.
  • Options
    When The Spurs taxi driver turned up down the valley after getting free tickets, Spurs having their best season us having our worst, the man a jinx
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    So many wrongs posted above and so little that seems to have been done right....take your pick as to the first. So many to choose between.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Letting curbs leave us with a team that would struggle in the league we are about to go into next season.
    Then taking an age to employ anyone before then hireing that ogre dowie. Murray has a lot to answer for.
  • Options
    Without a doubt it was the Dowie appointment. We knew we were in a bit of a golden era but who would have believed we'd end up in the Third Division (League One) twice and get to the stage where we changed managers about 6 times in 2 years!
  • Options
    Curbs left, Dowie was appointed, Michael Slater was... Michael Slater, Chris Powell being sacked.

NONE OF THESE HAPPENED THIS SEASON!
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Curbs left, Dowie was appointed, Michael Slater was... Michael Slater, Chris Powell being sacked.

NONE OF THESE HAPPENED THIS SEASON!

What went before got us to this point in time