Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New VOTV article: "You are mistaken. We are not failing."

Comments

• Options
    The body language of katies minder speaks a thousand words.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Until I read that article I thought i was resigned to, and come to terms with, the long expected relegation.

Now I'm angry.
  • Options

very true, pissed off and leaning away from her
  • Options
    excellent article, could do with proof reading though ;-))
  • Options
    Excellent piece. Interesting that Lennie Lawrence wants assurances that he will be able to go about his business without interference. We can take is as read that he will either never be appointed, or he will be out of the door within a couple of months due to meddling from those above.
  • Options
    Blucher said:

Cracking article.

The absence of football expertise within the club is, quite frankly, horrifying. Lennie Lawrence is quite right to seek some firm assurances about his level of autonomy, although it's extremely difficult to see anything working under the present regime.

The reference to 'lickspittles' is very apt and I think it is going to be my word of the day - a person who behaves obsequiously to those in power. For some reason, the 'Urban Dictionary' definition brought to mind Karel Fraeye - the man who opined that our squad was perfectly adequate in terms of both numbers and quality:

" A slimy, grovelling and devious person who will do anything to get ahead in their life and career including accepting an order from the boss to lick a big green greasy lump of spit in the hope of promotion or a pat on the head. e.g. 'I hate that bastard , always crawling up the bosses arse - he's a real lickspittle.' "

Incidentally, as reported recently by the Trust, Karel's former club, VW Hamme, recovered well from his departure and, despite achieving mediocre results under the great man, have now gone on to win their division.

mmmm sounds like so many of our current "management" team
  • Options
    Excellect article, Airman. Lickspittle is underused, it's good to see it get an airing. I can't read the word without thinking of Tony Curtis in Sweet Smell of Success.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm surprised given what I've seen that the dictionary definition doesn't read Lickspittle = Tony keohane.

If anything I think I dislike him more than KM who despite being inexperienced and out of her depth is probably not an ingrained bully and unpleasant person.
  • Options
    Excellent article. If she had one ounce of self respect she would resign - but I suppose she will keep on taking the money.
  • Options
    Who is her aged Neanderthal bodyguard? Charlton fan?
  • Options
    @Airman Brown That's a superb piece mate. Fantastically written. They really do have absolutely no place in football.

• Options
    hopefully that article will hit the inboxes of the appropriate media ..lets not forget Rick ,You will win the second Battle for the Valley
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

very true, pissed off and leaning away from her
    perhaps she's just farted.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    To be honest, I never took to her from the outset. She played the girly giggle card which is unnecessary at any time if you are a competent employee. Good article Airman but can I deck her now? ;-)
  • Options
    Can't believe my comment above didn't get a few chuckles!
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Can't believe my comment above didn't get a few chuckles!

The trick is to end with "...... Get it???"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got it.
  • Options
    I can't get the link to work. I've been trying all day.

Please can someone re link it. This sounds like an essential read.

Many thanks in advance.
  • Options

Great summary. This paragraph in particular sums it all up for me:

Perhaps the biggest irony about a regime which talks about financial prudence is that it repeatedly wastes hundreds of thousands of pounds because it lacks football expertise at the top. But implying they are "penny wise and pound foolish" would be to exaggerate their talents. This lot don't even do the easy things well.

Katrien Meire - "Roland, we've just lost £1.5M on Naby Sarr, but don't worry because I saved £15 from stopping tea & coffee in the lounges."
  • Options
    25May98 said:

I can't get the link to work. I've been trying all day.

Please can someone re link it. This sounds like an essential read.

Many thanks in advance.

Try this link, it goes directly to the blog post itself.

http://www.votvonline.com/home/the-2015-16-blogs/20-4-you-are-mistaken-we-are-not-failing/
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    kentred2 said:

Who is her aged Neanderthal bodyguard? Charlton fan?

I believe it's been reported on here before that he's a Charlton fan. Why do you call him a Neanderthal? He's just sitting there doing his job.