Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Ticket Scam

With the current "good news" about the owner possibly thinking about selling so soon after saying the club isn't for sale, could it be this "news" has been released in the hope that it will prompt an upsurge in season ticket sales ?

Comments

• Options

With the current "good news" about the owner possibly thinking about selling so soon after saying the club isn't for sale, could it be this "news" has been released in the hope that it will prompt an upsurge in season ticket sales ?

No, because the club haven't released the news
  • Options
    That would be a very cynical and underhand move and not for one minute do I think our club is capable of thinking or doing such a thing......oh!
  • Options
    No because I think people will wait until the Takeover has happened before buying a Season Ticket.

Despite not agreeing with people on here there are very few idiots and am sure there are many who know that buying a Football Club isnt a quick and easy process, and that things can go very wrong right up until the last minute.
  • Options
    I just don't think they're that clever.
  • Options
    New owners will most likely revert to the original deal. So why wouldn't anybody wait?
  • Options
    Has there been any news, or leaked information, about how many season tickets were sold up to the earlybird deadline?
  • Options
    If sales were healthy I'm sure we would have heard from the club by now!
  • Options
    As far as I can see, you can't buy any tickets season or otherwise at the moment on line, which I find weird.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

My season ticket boycott stays intact. If and when the club is sold, (not holding my breath) I will be one of the first to buy.

Indeed wasn't suggesting loads of people would start buying just wondered knowing how stupid this lot are if they thought by letting the news slip then people would be so happy they'd start buying. HI has already pointed out though that the club didn't let it slip.
  • Options

I doubt it. If that had been the idea, then the news would have leaked last week before the initial deadline. By the time VOTV published the Paul Elliott story, there was no time for people to renew before 5.15 on Saturday
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

As far as I can see, you can't buy any tickets season or otherwise at the moment on line, which I find weird.

Been like that for a week.

Good job the ticket office is open 24/7

• Options
    HarryLime said:

To be fair, it's normal to have a break in sales after the first deadline.
  • Options

HarryLime said:

Yeah but not for individual match tickets which also seem to be "off-line".
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

HarryLime said:

Yeah but not for individual match tickets which also seem to be "off-line".
    It must be the next home games are on restricted sales to stop away fans going into home ends, not that the demand from home ends will be anything other than minimal
  • Options
    By restricting online sales, they can nick another £1 off sales which are £2 commission over the phone. We need the cash for next seasons re building programme . Wonder what we are going to spend the £38 On ?
  • Options
    I relish the phone call I get from the club asking why I've not renewed.